Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Best PSP games for PS Vita

Aug 2, 2012
You and I can't seem to agree on games, huh? In my opinion, $30 is a steal for Peace Walker, regardless of it's availability in other collections. It has a great story, good gamelplay, varied missions, and an absolute boatload of content. I've put almost 70 hours into it, and there's still quite a bit for me to do.
Message 41 of 67 (1,296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

StrykerINF_1_23 wrote:

Yes it is. Its ridiiculously overpriced at $30. Its under the PSP section. Might as well get the MGS HD collection for $40, otherwise you are looking at $70 to get the same collection on your Vita.

It's not showing for me when I look for it. I'll take a cellphone picture when I get home. Searching for "peace" on the PSN store doesn't bring any results relevant to MSG PW~.

johngie wrote:
You and I can't seem to agree on games, huh? In my opinion, $30 is a steal for Peace Walker, regardless of it's availability in other collections. It has a great story, good gamelplay, varied missions, and an absolute boatload of content. I've put almost 70 hours into it, and there's still quite a bit for me to do.

No PSP game should be worth 30 USD unless copious amounts of localization were involed like it happens with Trails, Growlancer or any other text intensive game. The PSP is a dated system and PW was released more than 2 years ago. 30 USD is too expensive for the current times~.

Message 42 of 67 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Gungnir and Unchained Blades have been added to the PSN PSV store as of today~.
Message 43 of 67 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the heads up!
Are they any good? I would like this to be a list of good (or even the best) games. My criteria for that is pretty low since this is very very subjective, someone just has to post that it's a great game not just an okay one.

Thanks!
Message 44 of 67 (1,213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Been looking at The 3rd Birthday for months now. I just dont wanna buy something Simple and easy to beat.

Been Looking for an Outstanding RPG JRPG. Kind of annoying to look up in PSN then go youtube.. back n Fourth.

This Thread helped me out Thanks

Message 45 of 67 (1,209 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Effn wrote:

Been looking at The 3rd Birthday for months now. I just dont wanna buy something Simple and easy to beat.

Been Looking for an Outstanding RPG JRPG. Kind of annoying to look up in PSN then go youtube.. back n Fourth.

If you want good JRPGs playable on the Vita try the following:

• Crimson Gem Saga
  • Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
  • Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
  • Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona 3 Portable
  • Ys Seven
  • Ys: I & II Chronicles
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Those are JRPGs that I can recommend. I don't know about 3rd Birthday. I've been eyeballing it but I think I'll wait for it to drop to $10 or less.

Message 46 of 67 (1,197 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 14, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:
Those are JRPGs that I can recommend. I don't know about 3rd Birthday. I've been eyeballing it but I think I'll wait for it to drop to $10 or less.

For starters, the 3rd birthday is not an RPG. It has RPG elements (like leveling up, customizing a grid with abilities and the likes) but at its core it's an action game. Thing is, it's a really good action game, it got low scores because of the fact that:
1. As a sequel to Parasite Eve / Parasite Eve 2 it was...a bit too weak~.
2. "Aya" is portrayed like a sexual object in some ways. She's too meek (even if it's explained very late -why-) and the whole clothes shredding to bits with damage is...well, a bit dirty, if you know what I mean~.

However, if you can look past those two things, the game is lots of fun. At higher difficulties it's also incredibly challenging. You and I were discussing on another thread the topic of scores vs whether a game is worth a purchase or not. I agree wholeheartedly with the average scores the game got. But think of it as a guilty pleasure really, because (again), if you like action games there's a lot to like on The 3rd Birthday; plus a lot of content to unlock even if it's just small things like costumes and weapons. I don't think the price will go down anytime soon though, Squeenix is not known for holding sales like Atlus or Aksys do~.

Message 47 of 67 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Aug 14, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Effn wrote:

If you want good JRPGs playable on the Vita try the following:

• Crimson Gem Saga
  • Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
  • Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
  • Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  • Shin Megami Tensi: Persona 3 Portable
  • Ys Seven
  • Ys: I & II Chronicles
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Very thorough list.  If you are looking for a Turn-based JRPG and haven't played either Persona 3 Portable or Legend of Heroes, go get them ASAP, both amazing games.  The Ys series is great if you are looking for more of an action RPG with intense and challenging boss battles.  Also, I'd add Valkyria Chronicles 2 to the list.  Great spin on SRPGs.  It might not be on the Vita store though, you may need a PS3 to download it.  

Message 48 of 67 (1,187 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Hakuoki and two SOCOM titles (or at least, I don't recall seeing them there before) have been added since last Tuesday~.
Message 49 of 67 (1,171 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Added the new ones except Mana Khemia: student alliance. I've never heard of that one is it on the Vita PSP store now?
Message 50 of 67 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes