10 replies 405 views Edited Dec 8, 2012
Message 1 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Bioshock Vita

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

Actually that's a good thing. It means its not canceled. Just that it's just stuck right now in negotiations.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/12/07/levine-comments-on-bioshock-vita-the-ball-is-in-sony-...

That's just a alliterative link to the info on this topic.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 11 (396 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 8, 2012
This isn't too surprising since it had been known for some time that work on the Vita version would not start, until Bioshock Infinite was complete.

At this rate, and the perfectionists that Irrational Games tends to be, we probably wont see this game until 2014 at the earliest, more likely 2015.

I really think it would be cool if there was a Bioshock Vita bundle released in the future, with a steampunk Vita design!
Message 3 of 11 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

At this rate, and the perfectionists that Irrational Games tends to be, we probably wont see this game until 2014 at the earliest, more likely 2015.

Problem is, right now the game is a maybe. From showing something at an E3 pre-launch to a system to a "Maybe" or "Could be" a year later, that's a huge leap. Not to nitpick, but some may even call it false advertisement if the game never happens~.

Message 4 of 11 (313 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 8, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Problem is, right now the game is a maybe. From showing something at an E3 pre-launch to a system to a "Maybe" or "Could be" a year later, that's a huge leap. Not to nitpick, but some may even call it false advertisement if the game never happens~.

True, but even if the game wasn't a maybe the Vita version would still not be any further along than it currently is now. It certainly would be to Sony's interest to keep this project alive, since it is a high profile title, and the Vita is desperately in need of those...

Message 5 of 11 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

True, but even if the game wasn't a maybe the Vita version would still not be any further along than it currently is now. It certainly would be to Sony's interest to keep this project alive, since it is a high profile title, and the Vita is desperately in need of those...

i dont like the fact that the game is in buisnessmans hands right now, cause they'll look at what they should profit, by looking at vita sales and that stuff.

Message 6 of 11 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Dec 8, 2012
This is not the first time SONY false advertise a game at E3 and it wont be the last.

Looks like the game was dead before it was made.
Message 7 of 11 (275 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

I just re-watched the portion of Sony's E3 2011 Press Conference, with Ken Levine, and what he actually said was that he was thinking about doing another game (set in the Bioshock universe) and felt that the "NGP" would be a good home for it, and that was about it. The way he stated it made the project sound more like a good possibility rather than a firm commitment to make that game...

Message 8 of 11 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Message 9 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I would like to remain hopeful that this game would come out, but I just don't want to be let down. I like what that one guy said about how they shouldn't even hint about the game if they aren't even starting the process of creating it. Err, messing with my brain...I really would like for it to come out, but again would want them to take there time and produce a good game not a half baked like some other unmentionables. We'll just have to wait and hope for the best.

♪ I gave up! ♪
Message 10 of 11 (128 Views)
0 Likes