Sep 04 2014
By: parsanatortionse First Son 2 posts

Black screen after deleting game data utility file for COD Black Ops 2

[ Edited ]
3 replies 142 views Edited Sep 4, 2014

For a long time now, my  Cod Black ops 2 Mob of  the dead  zombies froze every time i played on it which caused me into turning my ps3 off. So i deleted all my black ops 2 files from the game data utility and re-downloaded them from my download list,and now every time i go on black ops 2 it shows me a pitch black screen for  an hour and i have to turn off my ps3. 

Mod Edit: Thread moved. Updated title to be as descriptive as possible. Added Ask the Community label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Re: Game data utility

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2014

Are you connected to the internet wirelessly or via hardwire?  Hardwire > wireless

The file in game data utility is just a patch file so it is not in your downloads list, the file you redownloaded was the maps or some sort of dlc. The only way to redownload the file that goes in the game data utility folder is by launching the game. It comes up automatically if your system is connected to the internet.

Also, if all else fails try deleting the file again and then running options 3 and 4 in safe mode before launching the game and redownloading the patch file.

Message 2 of 4 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 4, 2014

buckalmighty, i have tried your steps it didnt work. and by the way i have a wired connection,thank you though.

Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Sep 4, 2014

It is probably your disc. Just buy a new copy of Blops 2. The game is probably pretty cheap now.

Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes