Apr 20 2013
By: vizio57 Monster Hunter 36 posts

Bridge Level

[ Edited ]
10 replies 380 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

I am Unable to get across the gap from section one to three. I have collected Six Glowing Symbols,Three from Intro/Hub and Three from the bridge level and scarf is full. Fall short every time. I have been reading and watching Vids ( Journey Guide ) on PS3 Trophies.com. What's up with this do you need to be a White Robe to do this ???????  :smileymad:

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1427 posts

Re: Bridge Level

Apr 22, 2013

Hey vizio, Not sure what you are asking or trying to do. You activate the bridge sections by standing on the various clusters of ribbons (on ground level at different locations in the bridge scene) while pressing the O button. This will complete the bridge and allow you to cross to the next level. 

If you are trying for the "Cross The Incomplete Bridge" trophy, only one section does not have to be completed. Some people find it easier to not activiate the 1st section and use the ribbons to take off (just don't hit the O button). Fly in an almost straight line with just a bit of an arc. It can be done with a red robe, but is easier to obtain with the white robe. Hope this helps.

Let me know if this answers your question,

Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I tried your idea and it failed.Now I am going to complete the symbols. I only need two in levels 4 & 5 but for some reason the game will not give me credit on level 5 for finding all four. I have done the level at least three times twice off line and once with a partner and I know have found them.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (360 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Mystic, thanks for your advice in my Thread.  I have only to get the Companion Trophy now.  It is hard to find someone to stick with for the majority of the game though.  Most times, they check out of the game too early for me to get the credit, or I somehow get someone new in the next stage.

I will just have to luck into that one I guess.

-vizio, I found to do the Bridge, first I had to start off line.  Mystic suggested this, because any time I tried, there would be someone else who showed up and completed it, before I could attempt it, while still unfinished.  I am assuming, this is not your issue.

This being said, complete every stage of the bridge, except the first.  As Mystic referenced, there is a small batch of ribbons, floating above the debris, just below the second pillar.  Be careful not to venture too close to the Dragon Shell with the activation ribbon, as this would activate the missing piece.

You can stand on the debris where the floating ribbons are and hold down O, release and let the ribbons spring you into the air.  WHile this is happening, point straight towards that second pillar, and wait till you are at the apex of the jump.  Then hit the X, and keep heading towards the pillar.

You can also try a hop, off of the "Flowing" Ribbon, but do not stay in contact with it, long enough to activate it totally.

I did it the harder way though.:smileywink:

It took me a couple of attempts, but I eventually got it.  Once I was to the top, I got the notification of completion of the task.  It is trial and error, but I did it without the White Robe.  Just be sure to collect all the symbols to that point.  I think by then your should have collected 6.  The three from the "first" level, and the Three on that level. (One to the left, behind the rock crop, one up on the Sand Fall to the right, and the third is under the sand fall on the left rear).

Symbol #1 is in the middle of the slide route, almost at the beginning, but not the VERY BEGINNING.  It is inside a broken structure.

Symbol #2 is an obvious one, just after the drop, coming from the upper section.  It is on the ledge below the drop.

The symbol #3  in level Four (Sunken CIty), where you slide down the hill in the second portion, you have to choose the correct direction and have to get air for.  One is on the path to the right, as you have the decision to go left or right around the ridge.

As you go down the right side, almost at the top, there is a symbol on the left side of the screen on a ledge.  

Use the Rock Crop Ramp to get air towards it.

There are only Three symbols on this level, but as you can see, they are a little more difficult, do to the inability to reverse direction.

As well, you can see what Symbols you are missing at the hub, in the "First Level".  HEre is a key for you, in case you need reference, before you pick the level you need the symbols from:

As far as the "Level 5" symbols, Underground, you have to either be very careful, or not care about your robe at this point.  A couple of the symbols are hidden in the tubes, before you get to the Dragon Section.  You will just have to look around for these.  The final symbol in this level is hard to miss, if you are concerned about the Dragons.  Just go slow, and hide when you must.  The symbol is on the reverse side of one of the "blinds"  if you do not look back up the hill often, you may miss it.  This one eluded me for a couple of attempts.

It helps to quit and go back, if you get to the end of any level and do not see all the symbols lit up.  Use the guide I posted to get an idea of which symbols, on which levels you may have missed.

Hope this all helps.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (356 Views)
Fender Bender
1427 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Excellent post Moble. Some of the finest gamers are drawn to Journey.

As far as the Companion trophy, you do not have to go the whole distance with them. Basically if you meet up by the underground or even the tower area, it will count as long as you finish the Journey with them. One thing many do not know, is you must keep the game on till the credits show the players you have met in game. Both players must let the credits roll till the end. The trophy will pop after you see the names of the players you met.

Hope this helps and good luck to both of you on your Journeys.

Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 22, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

Excellent post Moble. Some of the finest gamers are drawn to Journey.

As far as the Companion trophy, you do not have to go the whole distance with them. Basically if you meet up by the underground or even the tower area, it will count as long as you finish the Journey with them. One thing many do not know, is you must keep the game on till the credits show the players you have met in game. Both players must let the credits roll till the end. The trophy will pop after you see the names of the players you met.

Hope this helps and good luck to both of you on your Journeys.

Mur

Yes, I think that is where some of my troubles are coming from.  If only there was an in game text to communicate to the other player.

You have no idea (to the best of my knowledge) who you are playing with, as it does not identify the PSN ID, so you can't even back out for a second to message them.

As I said, I think I am going to have to luck into that one.  It bums me out too, because it will be my first Platinum Trophy, should I be able to pull it off.

Fingers crossed.  I do have the sweet white robe now, with the gold embroidery.  I have finished it four time now.  THree all the way through and once through the warp to the summit.  You mentioned something about finishing it four times... I have to go back and look, but is that for the full Journey, or does any combination work?

Thanks for the compliment BT Dubbs:smileyhappy:.  I figured cisuals are often easier for some.  I only hope it helps the OP out.

Moble 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1427 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Yes, visuals have helped me in many games. :smileyhappy:

Kudos on earning your white robe, Moble. I believe you have to complete Journey 100% from start to finish to get each embroidered band. It is either 3 or 4 times to get a fully embroidered robe.

Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (343 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 22, 2013

MysticMur wrote:
Yes, visuals have helped me in many games. :smileyhappy:

Kudos on earning your white robe, Moble. I believe you have to complete Journey 100% from start to finish to get each embroidered band. It is either 3 or 4 times to get a fully embroidered robe.

Mur

I guess it worked then.  Not having to go through four complete times that is.

How do you get the Green Robe again?  Wait, I will look at the other Thread.

Thanks again.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Thanks All for the reply. i am not going to Play this for some time. I have found this to be a total waste of my time and effort as it does Not help to accomplish an item and NOT get Credit for it !!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (331 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Sorry to hear about that.  If you change your mind, please do not hesitate to ask.  I can be helpful in other areas if you need it too.

Have fun.:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (321 Views)
0 Likes