MVP Support
6209 posts

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

Well yes your right the $499 price is a bonehead move but i clearly see why its because of the included Kinect if the Kinect was completely apsent and sold the console and controller only the price tag could had been around $380 or so

and im going to be honest the Xbox one does have better technology than the PS4 the PS4 to me is just a upgrade on GPU and specs while the Xbox One has more advanced features its clear the day i saw it the Xbox One in its reveal on Xbox Official Website that it will be a expencive machine and i was right 500 dollars is expencive my typical guess was around $480

Well its just for me even the simplest of guesses that seem purely obvious isnt enough to fully guarantee a victory to the PS4 it may dominate sure but what if it does not there are always chances i see it happening but then i dont see it happening and you could be right to your prediction of the PS4 succeeding it is a top seller console even ex xbox fans did a switch to the PS4 increasing its fanbase by a higher marragin hands down.

I Agree on some of your points, especially as the bone head moves did get some 360 owners to switch, me included. Was already a Vita owner, so that kinda swayed me already...

Message 11 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Its pretty obvious PS4 is going to beat that garbage Xbone.

The "180" MS did was too late. They already soiled their rep for that "Like it or lump it" attitude and the whole "if you cant play online, stay behind" comment.

They slapped their loyal fans in the face, and lost a ton of them to Nintendo and Sony for it...
Message 12 of 26 (134 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

Self righteous much? thats what we herd in tha past about the PS3 being the best than Xbox 360 because of power and specs and the price was terrible and the PSVita being better than the 3DS just cause it has dual thumbsticks and a touchscreen and graphics.

dont count on it the Xbox one might do better in its lifespan saying the PS4 is better its just jynxing the system to do what it did in the past claiming to be better than its competitor mainly Xbox 360 when that console was way more underpowered but it managed to do better than the PS3 in its own ways

The 360 wasn't underpowered. Just that the PS3 is more powerful in THEORY, and it's unique tech made it near impossible for most devs to match what they could get out of the 360. The 360 also had more powerful advantages over the PS3 - GPU/RAM = The same things the PS4 has over the Xbone. The PS4 is even easier to develop on because it has Unified Memory while the Xbone's RAM is split.

The Xbone doesn't have the same advantages the 360 had during this past gen. Its not coming out a year sooner, nore is it at least $100 cheaper. No, quite the opposite. The PS4 has the advantages now, and far more support Worldwide other than the U.S. - So, it's easy to see that the PS4 will do far better out the gate than the year late PS3 did, and at a cheaper price at that. = That doesn't take a brain surgeon to easily understand that, so get out of here with your self righteous crap... It's called reality.

Message 13 of 26 (133 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

The PS4 is far more powerful than the Xbone. You would have to be clueless to think otherwise. 

Message 14 of 26 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

Crescendo_66 wrote:

Self righteous much? thats what we herd in tha past about the PS3 being the best than Xbox 360 because of power and specs and the price was terrible and the PSVita being better than the 3DS just cause it has dual thumbsticks and a touchscreen and graphics.

dont count on it the Xbox one might do better in its lifespan saying the PS4 is better its just jynxing the system to do what it did in the past claiming to be better than its competitor mainly Xbox 360 when that console was way more underpowered but it managed to do better than the PS3 in its own ways

The 360 wasn't underpowered. Just that the PS3 is more powerful in THEORY, and it's unique tech made it near impossible for most devs to match what they could get out of the 360. The 360 also had more powerful advantages over the PS3 - GPU/RAM = The same things the PS4 has over the Xbone. The PS4 is even easier to develop on because it has Unified Memory while the Xbone's RAM is split.

The Xbone doesn't have the same advantages the 360 had during this past gen. Its not coming out a year sooner, nore is it at least $100 cheaper. No, quite the opposite. The PS4 has the advantages now, and far more support Worldwide other than the U.S. - So, it's easy to see that the PS4 will do far better out the gate than the year late PS3 did, and at a cheaper price at that. = That doesn't take a brain surgeon to easily understand that, so get out of here with your self righteous crap... It's called reality.

Actually, the 360 and PS3 both were pretty close in specs, BUT the PS3 had a higher clock rate, which helped with better framerate. The only big issue PS3 had, was its harder to develop for. Other than that, there is no major difference. Still, i can say the PS3 probably wins the award for "Reliablity" as the PS3 YLOD is about 5% common, while the RROD on 360 was about 40%, as said by several studies. 

Message 15 of 26 (130 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 5, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Actually, the 360 and PS3 both were pretty close in specs, BUT the PS3 had a higher clock rate, which helped with better framerate. The only big issue PS3 had, was its harder to develop for. Other than that, there is no major difference. Still, i can say the PS3 probably wins the award for "Reliablity" as the PS3 YLOD is about 5% common, while the RROD on 360 was about 40%, as said by several studies. 

The 360's GPU and Unified Ram with less system resources taking some away for the OS gave it an advantage in texture detail... I agree with you about everything else 

Message 16 of 26 (127 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Plus Microsoft doesn't have this man...

MARK F'ING CERNY!!!

Message 17 of 26 (116 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 5, 2013

The same went for the PS2 being difficult to develop for, but your probably right the PS4 will see its glory days again.. already is actually as for the Xbox One it will continue to try but i guess its a clear victory for PlayStation but i wont accept it till its few months of progress and see what the consumers have to say about there epxeriances

and for the Wii U i have no hopes for that garbage

Message 18 of 26 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 5, 2013

No, they have

this one: Woman LOL  Smiley Very Happy  Man LOL

dwdf

Well, as of July 1st 2013 they dont, but you get it. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes