Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2012
By: USPGCWeekly Hekseville Citizen 372 posts

COD Black Ops Declassified VS Killzone Mercenary

20 replies 2726 views Edited Aug 16, 2012

You ask for it, rage all over the forum, here it is, a comparison along with trailers and info on 2 of the upcoming FPS game for the Vita

COD Black Ops Declassified:

Developed by Nihilistic-I-can't-spell-their-name Studio, who worked on Resistance Burning Skies which receive low review and score. Overall design and texture look the same as being copy pasta from Resistance, which I will make a side by side video comparison down below. Will not have a single player campaign with story but instead will have small, Mission-based or Ops Mission like Unit 13. Control layout is exactly the same as Burning Skies, according to some source. Also there will be Survival and Time Trials Mode. Multiplayer feature 4 versus 4 via Wi-if only, no information on the game mode, but most likely will have Team-Deathmatch. Will have a unique Build-a-class system in which you can freely create your solider of choice, a level system, Prestige point. No detail on the Weapon yet, but so far, there are lot to play with. Cost 50$ full retail.

Side by side compare between Resistance and COD graphics:

Look the same, I think yes, why so, because it's the same team :smileyhappy:

I know people been raging about this game, they have the right to, COD is the biggest FPS franchise of all time, and for a first Vita game that will not most likely have a sequel, Activision give it to the team that make Resistance Burning Skies, an obvious in-experience FPS developer, Nihilistic have make overall 6 games, 4 out of those receive low rating, the other 1 is Burning Skies and the last one is an unknown PC game, which is to say, they're not really a best choice for the job.

KillZone Mercenary:

Not much info aside from the trailer but we can clearly see that:

1. It will have Stunning High PS3-quality graphic, as seen from the trailer
  2. CGI cutscene look like real-life
  3. Futuristic setting with chaotic battlefield, exploding car and **bleep**.
  4. Being developed by Guerilla Games
  5. Will have Multiplayer, but no info yet
  6. Cool Weapons
  7. A story, and also mention about branching storyline, as a mercenary, you can choose to side with either Helghan or ISA, taking mission and reward, hinting RPG and tactical element.
  8. Cheaper than COD with only 40$
  9.  A kickass Trailer:

Which one will you buy and why?, me, neither, i have Ragnarok at my aim and Persona 4, PASBR, Soul Sacrified and alot more, but if i have to make a choice, it's Killzone hand down, finger crossed.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (2,726 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Re: COD Black Ops Declassified VS Killzone Mercenary

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

yeah and this is running on iOS

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (2,725 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Which is why i wonder why would Sony let Nilhislistic-blah whatever developing COD, I just don't get it, they didn't even work for Activison, they don't even have any good game, Ninja Theory make better games than them, and Ninja Theory is one of the worst game developer, I mean, Neversoft and Skate-Board DLC would just be fine for me :smileyhappy:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (2,720 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Aug 16, 2012

USPGCWeekly wrote:
Which is why i wonder why would Sony let Nilhislistic-blah whatever developing COD, I just don't get it, they didn't even work for Activison, they don't even have any good game, Ninja Theory make better games than them, and Ninja Theory is one of the worst game developer, I mean, Neversoft and Skate-Board DLC would just be fine for me :smileyhappy:

You got to be joking.... Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were some of the best games this generation. DMC looks top notch too, wait... is it because they made Dante different? I do agree that Nihilistic is probably one of the most most mediocre teams around it surprises me how there still in buisness and how better developers like Bizarre Studios, Zipper, and Big Big get closed.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (2,711 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Aug 16, 2012

READ THIS NOW im pretty sure cod declassified was already in development with nihilistic before burning skies was released. Sony already put CODBOD in the hands of nihilistic before they new it was a mistake.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (2,709 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Ask Sony for that, Zipper got close is one of the most confusing part of this generation of gaming, they made the best game. And Ninja Theory, yeah i play both game you mention, good graphic, great storyline, but repetitive button mashing isn't good.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (2,708 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Aug 16, 2012

The Black Ops graphics are better than Modern Combats by a long shot.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (2,707 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Aug 16, 2012
I'm scratching my head on how Nihilistic got attached to this as well, other than being a cheap hire to throw something together in a short amount of time for the Holiday.

If Sony was the one to assign a developer, they could have done a lot better. If they hadn't closed Zipper, they probably could have attached them to it. Or even Sony Bend (think they last worked on UC:GA). Someone with a pedigree to go with the big name of the IP.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (2,705 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

I am suprised that Activision approved it. Also they had to be working on this at the same time as Resistance, you should read what their web page says. One great project at a time or some such nonsense. The only reasoning that I can see behind this is that they were the only company that had been working on a game of this nature for the Vita so Sony, and Activision in their infinite wisdom decided to give it to them because of this reason. I am perturbed about them being the devs but I am hoping for the best. Like I have said in previous posts hopefully they learned from their mistakes with Resistance. Hawkeyestar I think you probably hit the nail square on the head.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (2,695 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Aug 16, 2012

TUNNELRAT-1972 wrote:

The Black Ops graphics are better than Modern Combats by a long shot.

not really... i mean the jaggies are pretty prominent in BO while it is really clean in MC... but I will say that in BO the player animations and environments have more objects and things which make it more appealing to look at compared to MC which has kinda blandish backgrounds... but for iOS this looks **bleep** good.  i own this game on my 4S... and these videos don't do much justice... plus the game came out over a year ago lol.... i mean really MC looks more like Battlefield than anything....

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (2,690 Views)
0 Likes