Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
May 05 2014
By: xX91NCHNA1L5Xx Lombax Warrior 148 posts
Online

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

[ Edited ]
70 replies 641 views Edited May 5, 2014

...more like Call of Duty: Repetitive warfare.

Another C.O.D.? Really? Lord have mercy! They just can't stop taking advantage of idiotic fanboys. This just further proves what I said 3 months ago at ghosts release:

 

"Who else thinks the entire C.O.D. franchise is awful? First off, all of them are pretty much the same...and the don't even bother changing the engine and actually breaking a sweat, because people will buy it anyway. All they do is update the engine all while calling it a new engine. Its been the same game engine FOR A VERY LONG TIME. BF3 ran off Frostbtte 2, BF4 will run off from Frostbite 3. Not an updated Frostbite 2, its a new game engine. This is something that the COD games have not done since before the launch of the PS3.

 

The Infinity Ward and Treyarch both have a contractual agreement to deliver a COD game every other year. As such with this McDonaldization and assembly line form of production, any sort of MASSIVE change in the game never comes to fruition because of the very short time table they are allotted to have, which is dictated by Activision.

 

I feel bad for the developers because they have A LOT of great ideas, which are turned away. AND they work LONG hours. This is why COD has NEVER seen a huge improvement, EVER. At least since COD2 and 3.

 

Any game published by Activision, has seen a huge popularity for a good while and then because of this "McDonaldization" from games like Guitar Hero, Rockband, DJ Hero (and virtually every rhythym type game) and COD games start to see a VERY SHARP drop-off. We first saw it with Guitar Hero, it felt as if every 6 months a new GH game came out and as such.... sales after GH3 started to sink dramatically. Rockband breifly held that torch because it was direct competition, and then it never picked up after DJ Hero and even Rocksmith. Games like Destiny, Titanfall, etc etc couldn't come at a BETTER time to take the torch. And I'm glad...."

 

There is no change in any COD game, no innovation. Its just the same meal with different seasoning. Can't WAIT for them to go bankrupt so they stop taking advantage of idiotic fanboys. :smileymad:

 

 

 

Mod Edit: edit title and label for clarity. Click here for more information on labelsand here for information on our Rules of Conduct and Forum Guidelines

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Platinums: 5
Platinums achieved in order: Dark Souls>Dungeon Defenders>Demons Souls>Dark Souls 2>God of War Ascension
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 71 (641 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/01/2009
Offline
1626 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014
How does that make you feel?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 71 (636 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/04/2014
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2014

disgusted-no.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 71 (633 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2012
Offline
4648 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

Tbh it's probably gonna be the first Call of Duty game I buy.

JayJay 2515 signature
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 71 (624 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/31/2007
Offline
364 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.


Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 71 (618 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/25/2011
Online
403 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.


YOU are a reason this series will never improve.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 71 (590 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14187 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014
RockBand does not fall into this same category....just saying.



Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 71 (586 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/16/2013
Online
148 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:
RockBand does not fall into this same category....just saying.


It actually came very close to doing the same thing.

Platinums: 5
Platinums achieved in order: Dark Souls>Dungeon Defenders>Demons Souls>Dark Souls 2>God of War Ascension
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 71 (579 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14187 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

xX91NCHNA1L5Xx wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
RockBand does not fall into this same category....just saying.


It actually came very close to doing the same thing.


Eh... there's only 3 of them, and it took more than a year for each release, and each one made significant improvements. I don't see the similarity.



Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 71 (574 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2008
Offline
1669 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.


 

You make no sense, first you say that you always buy every COD game that cones out, then you say it will never be as fun as it use to be.  

 

People like you are the reason it don't change.  If its not fun, then don't buy it, force them to change.  But I guess its like a drug, even though its bad for you, you will yet still continue to buy it and use it.

 

I just don't understand COD fans like you.  Wait I wouldn't call you a fan, more like a controlled robot.  Fans have opinions and express their opinions (by not purchasing a game, and stating their opinion if they don't like it).

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 71 (569 Views)