Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

Photo: CoD in a nutshell

This is what people expect it to be. Now I actually have my hopes for this COD, looks new, just waiting for the official gameplay before I decide to hate or not.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 11 of 71 (297 Views)
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 5, 2014
I honestly hope the sales will fall way short, so they realize they need to cone out with new gameplay. But it won't, and it will still sell millions, despite how they just push one out every year.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 12 of 71 (293 Views)
VP of Gaming
29435 posts

May 5, 2014

Blah, blah, blah... Call of Duty sucks. Yadda, yadda, yadda, no innovation. Blah, killing the industry. 

It's a tired old song and dance. Here's the thing; it has nothing to do with the actual game itself. The REAL problem here is that Call of Duty pushed video games towards the mainstream, and "gamers" will complain they aren't anti-social outcasts, they secretly love the idea that they are. They WANT to be outside the mainstream, and consider themselves to be ABOVE the masses, and hold that over everyone else. The idea that they now have to share their favorite hobby, and be lumped into the same category as the millions that play Call of Duty or Madden, makes their blood boil, because their territory has now been violated. You can say no all you want, that's a huge part of it. 

Message 13 of 71 (283 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 5, 2014

This is as good a place as any to post this.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 71 (280 Views)
Wastelander
835 posts

May 5, 2014
COD multiplayer needs to stay consistently the same so high level players can go from version to version while keeping the basic skills
Message 15 of 71 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.

You make no sense, first you say that you always buy every COD game that cones out, then you say it will never be as fun as it use to be.  

People like you are the reason it don't change.  If its not fun, then don't buy it, force them to change.  But I guess its like a drug, even though its bad for you, you will yet still continue to buy it and use it.

I just don't understand COD fans like you.  Wait I wouldn't call you a fan, more like a controlled robot.  Fans have opinions and express their opinions (by not purchasing a game, and stating their opinion if they don't like it).

I guess I should have elaborated on it not being as fun as it used to be. That was a nostalgia based comment. Its just like any series that has survived the ages. Take Mario for example, the game was great back on the NES but you will never have THAT fun again. You get older, things change, systems improve, but you will always have the memories of when you first started playing. Call of Duty needs improvement, but you can't change it so much that its a completely different game. In a FPS such as CoD you run around, shoot, make your classes, and all that. If you change those basic elements, then its just a different game. I mean if all the Mario games, that came out from now until it is gone, have Mario wearing all white and ends up being called Maria instead then its just a completely different game. It's not like every CoD has the same guns, same maps, same setting, same perks, same killstreaks. The gameplay may feel the same, but guess what? It is Call of Duty. Everyone knows they're buying Call of Duty. If they don't want Call of Duty then get another FPS that has the changes they need.

Message 16 of 71 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 5, 2014

Instead of complaining, maybe you can spend your time playing something else.....

No one is forcing you to play or enjoy COD

young beard signature
Message 17 of 71 (255 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14388 posts

May 5, 2014

TheFunkyRapper wrote:
COD multiplayer needs to stay consistently the same so high level players can go from version to version while keeping the basic skills

and...

The problem is that the games don't stay the same. You get a Treyarch game which is usually quite well balanced and if it isn't it receives patches that attempt to fix the issues. Then you get an infinity Ward game which doesn't usually receive any balance changes despite being majorly unbalanced every single time.

I don't know what Sledgehammer are doing.  I should probably give them a chance though.... I would imagine having your first go at lead developing would mean they want to impress.

Message 18 of 71 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

May 5, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

TheFunkyRapper wrote:

and...

The problem is that the games don't stay the same. You get a Treyarch game which is usually quite well balanced and if it isn't it receives patches that attempt to fix the issues. Then you get an infinity Ward game which doesn't usually receive any balance changes despite being majorly unbalanced every single time.

I don't know what Sledgehammer are doing.  I should probably give them a chance though.... I would imagine having your first go at lead developing would mean they want to impress.

That's a big thing about the series. They aren't consistent between the other developers and it creates this weird thing where one dev brings in something interesting and new(Dive to prone) and the next game doesn't do anything with that so now we're moving forward and backwards.

I think Ghosts did something great by letting you unlock what you want early but at the same time making some perks cost more than others. A level 3 perk costs 3 perk slots, a level 4 perk costs 4 slots etc, etc, but you can remove your sidearm, lethal grenade, and tactical grenade to get more perk slots. You can also create an edit your own character so no two people look the same. It's a small thing but I feel like that's what the series needs more of, more personalization and customization.

I also like how the characters in Ghosts actually say things that are important. In past COD games it's just been "ARGGH I'M HIT. MAN DOWN. CONTACT. I'M A MARREEEEEEEEEN." but I was really surprised to be in the middle of a firefight and hear "ENEMY IN THE WINDOW, SECOND FLOOR!" and I look and see an enemy right where they called it out. I really liked that, it felt immersive in ways I haven't seen in a COD or even FPS before.

It would be great if there was more uniformity between the developers so they can be on the same page so we can keep it moving. For instance TreyArch is usually absolutely terrible with killstreaks but I feel like Ghosts made everything low-key and really kind of fair.

An side thing I really liked but didn't understand much: There is some sort of WMD that you can use in Ghosts that blows up the whole level, but the game doesn't end. You keep playing in a completely destroyed version of the map. You can also breach and clear certain doors in multiplayer. It made a lot of things interactive that I never really had an issue with being interactive.

I was really put off of Black Ops 2 because they did something terrible to the netcode and made everything crazy laggy, even going so far as extending to lan parties. But Ghosts has done a lot of really nice stuff. I'm excited to see where Sledgehammer finds their niche. Advanced Warfare unforuntately looks a little more generic than I'm comfortable with, but I'm sure the multiplayer will be fine. I hope so anyway.

Hopeful yet cautiously optimistic.

Take back the future
Message 19 of 71 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3243 posts

May 5, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Blah, blah, blah... Call of Duty sucks. Yadda, yadda, yadda, no innovation. Blah, killing the industry. 

It's a tired old song and dance. Here's the thing; it has nothing to do with the actual game itself. The REAL problem here is that Call of Duty pushed video games towards the mainstream, and "gamers" will complain they aren't anti-social outcasts, they secretly love the idea that they are. They WANT to be outside the mainstream, and consider themselves to be ABOVE the masses, and hold that over everyone else. The idea that they now have to share their favorite hobby, and be lumped into the same category as the millions that play Call of Duty or Madden, makes their blood boil, because their territory has now been violated. You can say no all you want, that's a huge part of it. 

Or it can also just be because Cod hasn't changed much these past 6 years and that's why its been getting all this hate, but this new one kind of looks interesting but I'll wait and see with more videos.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 20 of 71 (224 Views)
0 Likes