Treasure Hunter
8668 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 5, 2014

Akirasolid wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Blah, blah, blah... Call of Duty sucks. Yadda, yadda, yadda, no innovation. Blah, killing the industry. 

It's a tired old song and dance. Here's the thing; it has nothing to do with the actual game itself. The REAL problem here is that Call of Duty pushed video games towards the mainstream, and "gamers" will complain they aren't anti-social outcasts, they secretly love the idea that they are. They WANT to be outside the mainstream, and consider themselves to be ABOVE the masses, and hold that over everyone else. The idea that they now have to share their favorite hobby, and be lumped into the same category as the millions that play Call of Duty or Madden, makes their blood boil, because their territory has now been violated. You can say no all you want, that's a huge part of it. 

Or it can also just be because Cod hasn't changed much these past 6 years and that's why its been getting all this hate, but this new one kind of looks interesting but I'll wait and see with more videos.

Actually COD has changed quite a bit throughout the past 6 years. It's really awkward when people still say this after all these years. Sure, it was pretty much the same game from MW1 to World At War, but it started to change at MW2 and went in a completely different direction in Black Ops. It reinvented the loadout/perk system. Then MW3 tried to expand on that but it messed up a lot. Black Ops 2 had a Mass Effect styled storyline where you could make decisions in the story at key moments and change how the game plays out. Ghosts added in a character creation system and expanded on Black Ops 2's perk/loadlout idea by allowing you to unlock stuff early but adding weight to perks to help balance it out. It also added in level destructibility which allows you to alter the level in certain ways.

Compare all of that to Modern Warfare and you'd have to be either blind, deaf, dumb, or all three to not see how the series has evolved dramatically to what it was while also keeping the core gameplay that the people have come to know.

Take back the future
Message 21 of 71 (250 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

May 5, 2014

I am VERY weary of another COD title........

Ghosts was utter crap... at least as a multi-player is concerned.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 22 of 71 (246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.

You make no sense, first you say that you always buy every COD game that cones out, then you say it will never be as fun as it use to be.  

People like you are the reason it don't change.  If its not fun, then don't buy it, force them to change.  But I guess its like a drug, even though its bad for you, you will yet still continue to buy it and use it.

I just don't understand COD fans like you.  Wait I wouldn't call you a fan, more like a controlled robot.  Fans have opinions and express their opinions (by not purchasing a game, and stating their opinion if they don't like it).

Dude, couldn't have said it better myself ._.

Platinums: 7
Platinums achieved in order: Dark Souls>Dungeon Defenders>Demons Souls>Dark Souls 2>God of War Ascension>God of War>God of War 3 :3
Message 23 of 71 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9343 posts

May 5, 2014
I played COD all the way up to Black Ops 2. Then I had to call it quits. I felt like I was wasting money on buying every new COD game because each game felt so familiar.

They all tried to do new things, and I still hold World at War and Black Ops 1 at the top. But despite those changes it was still very much COD. They aren't willing to take any big risks with the series and it's disappointing.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 24 of 71 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

May 5, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

This is as good a place as any to post this.

I would have posted anyway.

but everyone plz watch this video right now.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 25 of 71 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

May 5, 2014

you know. if you watch the trailer in 720p or 1080p I though to myself. "Only the Graphics looks improved." but everything else looks the same.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 26 of 71 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

May 5, 2014
you can expect it to be a little different from other cods since its made by Sledgehammer not treyarch or infinity ward, who knows if there going for the "same" fell/play in other cods
Photobucket___ i like tacos ^_^
Message 27 of 71 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

May 5, 2014
Feel*
Photobucket___ i like tacos ^_^
Message 28 of 71 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2014

Ghosts isn't that bad, the maps are designed well, and they finally fixed the issue where you could not climb or mantle on anything in the map (which was my biggest complaint for the series, that and lack of blood and gore). They even added a good amount of character appearence customization options. The only thing oudated about it is the graphics, and strict CQC boundaries.

As for the maps of fps games in general. It's very annoying how the fps developers are terrified to make, or don't know how to make, a good amount of environmental maps. BF4 did a fair job as there is one rain map and 2 semi rainy maps (including an awesome hurricane), a couple snow maps (that hardly snow), and a sandstorm map. Fps developers keep making these bright, happy, sunshiny maps; it's G rated unrealistic garbage. When is it every that sunny, that often? There aren't even a good amount of night time maps in most fps'.

Message 29 of 71 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

May 5, 2014

Diresins wrote:

Ghosts isn't that bad, the maps are designed well, and they finally fixed the issue where you could not climb or mantle on anything in the map (which was my biggest complaint for the series, that and lack of blood and gore). They even added a good amount of character appearence customization options. The only thing oudated about it is the graphics, and strict CQC boundaries.

As for the maps of fps games in general. It's very annoying how the fps developers are terrified to make, or don't know how to make, a good amount of environmental maps. BF4 did a fair job as there is one rain map and 2 semi rainy maps (including an awesome hurricane), a couple snow maps (that hardly snow), and a sandstorm map. Fps developers keep making these bright, happy, sunshiny maps; it's G rated unrealistic garbage. When is it every that sunny, that often? There aren't even a good amount of night time maps in most fps'.

Night maps are the most hated of all in shooters, just look at Downtown.

What we need are some more snow maps. Those are the bomb. Port Valdez from Battlefield Bad Company 2 is my favorite map in the game, series, genre, ah hell maybe even my number one map of all time in any videogame.

Message 30 of 71 (161 Views)
0 Likes