Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/23/2007
Offline
2275 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 5, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.


 

You make no sense, first you say that you always buy every COD game that cones out, then you say it will never be as fun as it use to be.  

 

People like you are the reason it don't change.  If its not fun, then don't buy it, force them to change.  But I guess its like a drug, even though its bad for you, you will yet still continue to buy it and use it.

 

I just don't understand COD fans like you.  Wait I wouldn't call you a fan, more like a controlled robot.  Fans have opinions and express their opinions (by not purchasing a game, and stating their opinion if they don't like it).


 

 

let me explain it to you if he makes no sense first call of duty where fun but NOW that  we got so good beating all the noobs average 40 kills up to 55 kill in team death its 2 easy..... easy i say brah 

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 31 of 71 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28996 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

Akirasolid wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Blah, blah, blah... Call of Duty sucks. Yadda, yadda, yadda, no innovation. Blah, killing the industry. 

 

It's a tired old song and dance. Here's the thing; it has nothing to do with the actual game itself. The REAL problem here is that Call of Duty pushed video games towards the mainstream, and "gamers" will complain they aren't anti-social outcasts, they secretly love the idea that they are. They WANT to be outside the mainstream, and consider themselves to be ABOVE the masses, and hold that over everyone else. The idea that they now have to share their favorite hobby, and be lumped into the same category as the millions that play Call of Duty or Madden, makes their blood boil, because their territory has now been violated. You can say no all you want, that's a huge part of it. 


Or it can also just be because Cod hasn't changed much these past 6 years and that's why its been getting all this hate, but this new one kind of looks interesting but I'll wait and see with more videos.


I would believe that if it weren't the same exact gamer logic talking point that I've read countless other times on the internet. This also happens to be the exact same argument why many of the gamer cognoscenti elitsts hate Madden.

 

I know there's this school of thought in the gamer cognoscenti that "well if it's being repeated, then it must be true". That is not always the case, and here's why; There's what's called an illusory of truth, which something BECOMES "true" through repetition. Many things are prone to distortion through false perceptions, failing memories, and just spreading outright lies, which are accepted as truth. Death Panels, microchipping health care recipients, the line in the movie Casablanca where Humphrey Bogart says "Play it again, Sam...", the idea the moon landing was faked, Paul is dead, even something as the belief you'll get sick by merely getting your feet wet, all are examples of things that people thought were true, and repeated over the years. This whole idea that "Call of Duty hasn't changed in six years" is, in my opinion, another example of this. Why? So the elitists have justification for their hate, and so they can mark their territory. "They aren't as enlightened as we are, because we know that Call of Duty hasn't changed in six years, and REAL "gamers" know that". And if you throw your hands up and say "No! It's not true!", take a look at how many people really believe our current President of the United States was born in Kenya. 

 

This is the way some draw their proverbial line in the sand between so called "real gamers", and the unwashed masses. It's a way to say "I'm better than they are", and hold it over everyone else. If you don't like Call of Duty, that's fine. Just don't be an elitist about it. 

Message 32 of 71 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 6, 2014

At this point i would take anything from COD over any BF game.  At least COD was a finished product, BF still is not a finished product.  I wont buy either but if i had to take one it would be COD.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 33 of 71 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
432 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 6, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

At this point i would take anything from COD over any BF game.  At least COD was a finished product, BF still is not a finished product.  I wont buy either but if i had to take one it would be COD.


BF: Fall in water, dive down to hide, swim away, blow up boats, flood city, stab people in water, get in boat, fight other boats.

Cod: Fall in water *Dies instantly*

Message 34 of 71 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/03/2003
Offline
1493 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

May 6, 2014

frylock98 wrote:

RAPIDEXCHANGE wrote:

They will probably stop when they stop making millions upon millions of dollars each year off the game. And they will be getting my money, as they have been for the past 7 years. Call of Duty is a tradition with me and the people I know and we have always enjoyed the series. The game will never be as fun as it used to be when it first came out with, but hey we have the memories.


YOU are a reason this series will never improve.


Im going to be the reason too,playing on psn and xbl. PSN Ag3nt_Slug3r XBL Ag3nt Slug3r owner of the Free Ag3nts clan

Message 35 of 71 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 05/05/2014
Offline
33 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 6, 2014

Shut the hell up we all know call of duty may never have a significant change but you cant pretend its a **bleep** game just because they dont change that much every time. STOP hating on call of duty cuz you know you probly play pokemon or some other **bleep** like the DS

Message 36 of 71 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4924 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 6, 2014

So first, Call of Duty: Ghosts ripped off the "Ghosts" of Ghost Recon. Now we have Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ripping off Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 37 of 71 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

This is Sledgehammer's first COD title. With 3 developers now, the COD games will be on a 3 year development cycle. This is good for the franchise, in my opinion. i.e. Treyarch's COD in 2015, Infinity Ward's COD in 2016, Sledgehammer's 2nd COD title in 2017, repeat. It gives each dev team an extra year to make tweaks / improvements to their games.

 

I skipped on Black Ops 2 and Ghosts, but I think I will definitely give a shot at Sledgehammer's first COD title. Since they are kind of taking the "future" warfare idea that Treyarch sampled in Black Ops 2, I'm almost hoping Treyarch decides to go for another period. Or hell, maybe even returns to WW2. But, they will probably cap off their "Black Ops" story with a third game, in order to make it a trilogy. As for Infinity Ward, I assume they will probably stick with the "Ghosts" characters / timeline they started.

 

Sure, you may not notice differences year-to-year, but if you pick a COD dev team you liked and ONLY bought their game every 3 years, I'm sure you will notice the differences...

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 38 of 71 (127 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 6, 2014

semajmarc87 wrote:

So first, Call of Duty: Ghosts ripped off the "Ghosts" of Ghost Recon. Now we have Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ripping off Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.


Not sure they are "ripping" anyone off, Sema. I assumed "Ghost" was a common word used in the militery. (i.e. Be a Ghost = Be invisible.) It wasn't created just for "Ghost Recon."

 

Same with the word "Advanced," I don't even think Ghost Recon was the first game to use that in a war title. "Advanced Wars" for the Gameboy Advance comes to mind first. And I'm sure they probably were not the first to use it either.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 39 of 71 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Offline
8661 posts
 

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 6, 2014

semajmarc87 wrote:

So first, Call of Duty: Ghosts ripped off the "Ghosts" of Ghost Recon. Now we have Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ripping off Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.


Haha, what? You are kidding, right? Smiley Mad

Message 40 of 71 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes