Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2849 posts

Re: Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is more like repetitive warfare

May 6, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

So first, Call of Duty: Ghosts ripped off the "Ghosts" of Ghost Recon. Now we have Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ripping off Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Not sure they are "ripping" anyone off, Sema. I assumed "Ghost" was a common word used in the militery. (i.e. Be a Ghost = Be invisible.) It wasn't created just for "Ghost Recon."

Same with the word "Advanced," I don't even think Ghost Recon was the first game to use that in a war title. "Advanced Wars" for the Gameboy Advance comes to mind first. And I'm sure they probably were not the first to use it either.

Call of Duty: Ghosts was a ripoff because it was about an elite unit of special forces soldiers called "The Ghosts." Guess what the name of the unit in Ghost Recon is called since 2001. The Ghosts. As for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare copying the name Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, the reason that "Advanced Wars" had the word "Advanced" in it is because it was on the Gameboy Advance. Kind of like how a lot of games on the Super Nintendo had the word "Super" in front of it.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,900+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 71 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 6, 2014

Ghosts was crap hope this one is better.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 71 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

VeniVidiVici_clc wrote:

Shut the hell up we all know call of duty may never have a significant change but you cant pretend its a **bleep** game just because they dont change that much every time. STOP hating on call of duty cuz you know you probly play pokemon or some other **bleep** like the DS

456.gif

1.) Shut up, its NOT a game, its garbage

2.) I play REAL games, RPGS like Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dungeon Defenders, Monster Hunter, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, The last of us, Half life, infamous assassins creed, dragons dogma, uncharted, and COUNTLESS other games, and just because you suck and this games are too hard for you, doesn't mean THEY suck, and Btw, what's wrong with the DS? God, people like you are what's wrong with the gaming industry these days:smileymad: stop being ignorant, and learn to spell, also!

Platinums: 7
Platinums achieved in order: Dark Souls>Dungeon Defenders>Demons Souls>Dark Souls 2>God of War Ascension>God of War>God of War 3 :3
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 71 (227 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14015 posts

May 6, 2014

Nobody should be suprised. We get a new COD game every year. And if you don't like the franchise, don't get the new game. I do though, so I pre-ordered COD: advanced warefare.  

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 71 (224 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

They're making millions of dollars on the COD franchise, as i would like them to change it, they simply will not for a long time. if you don't like what they're doing then don't buy the game. 

What i don't understand is why people are getting their panties in a wad over a new COD... 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 71 (219 Views)
Wastelander
589 posts

May 6, 2014
"If you don't like it don't buy the game"

So just ignore it. Yeah, that's a way to solve a problem. Good tip there.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 71 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24774 posts

May 6, 2014

ReddAxel wrote:
"If you don't like it don't buy the game"

So just ignore it. Yeah, that's a way to solve a problem. Good tip there.

It's called voting with your wallet. I know the "gamer" method is to buy the game anyway, and then complain incessantly on the internet, and that's worked out really well... 

NOT!!

If enough people don't buy the game, then they have to adapt to the marketplace, But if you're lining up at midnight, then you've sent the message that you're okay with the status quo. 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 71 (184 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24774 posts

May 6, 2014

Mystic_09- wrote:

They're making millions of dollars on the COD franchise, as i would like them to change it, they simply will not for a long time. if you don't like what they're doing then don't buy the game. 

What i don't understand is why people are getting their panties in a wad over a new COD... 

People are ticked off because it's mainstream. They have to share their favorite hobby with a bunch fo people who "aren't totally real totall gamers totally man... totally". It's this whole hipster thing about they used to like something "until they ruined it". That's all it really is. You can say what ever talking points about the game not changing all you want, you're just parroting the most convenient talking points. The reality is there are people out there who WANT to be SNOBS about it. They want to look down their nose and think they are above the masses, and say how they're "real gamers", and if so many people didn't buy Call of Duty then there'd be more "creativity and innovation". It's the same argument some people make about movies and music. No, it's not "different because it's video games". It's the exact same thing, only it was much cooler to be a punk in the 1970's than it is to rail against Call of Duty now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 71 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4177 posts

May 6, 2014

semajmarc87 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

So first, Call of Duty: Ghosts ripped off the "Ghosts" of Ghost Recon. Now we have Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ripping off Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Not sure they are "ripping" anyone off, Sema. I assumed "Ghost" was a common word used in the military. (i.e. Be a Ghost = Be invisible.) It wasn't created just for "Ghost Recon."

Same with the word "Advanced," I don't even think Ghost Recon was the first game to use that in a war title. "Advanced Wars" for the Gameboy Advance comes to mind first. And I'm sure they probably were not the first to use it either.

Call of Duty: Ghosts was a ripoff because it was about an elite unit of special forces soldiers called "The Ghosts." Guess what the name of the unit in Ghost Recon is called since 2001. The Ghosts. As for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare copying the name Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, the reason that "Advanced Wars" had the word "Advanced" in it is because it was on the Gameboy Advance. Kind of like how a lot of games on the Super Nintendo had the word "Super" in front of it.

Yes, and Tom Clancy games use real life Military / Agency references. It was not an original concept. COD also likes to use real life Military / Agency references. Just because Ghost Recon did it first does not mean COD "copied" Ghost Recon.

I know Nintendo liked to use "Super" for SNES and "Advanced" for GBA titles. I was just giving an example. But, I know it's easier for people just to say "So and so copied so and so," which is ridiculous, especially since they're such generic / common words.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 71 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24774 posts

May 6, 2014

Nobody has a monopoly on the word "Ghost". 

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 71 (175 Views)