Jul 14 2014
By: shadoefax Treasure Hunter 5936 posts

Call Of Duty Overkill

[ Edited ]
8 replies 150 views Edited Jul 14, 2014

*Rant

Do a search on the PS Store for COD and just look at all the titles that come up under that name.  There's 3 games with at least 20 or more expansions for them listed on there.  It's overkill and no wonder people rant over this over-hyped shooter game.  We need something else besides COD and shooters to play, and if this is all the PS4 has to offer, it's really disappointing to say the least. 

Where's the games for the other genre's at?  

People say that shooters sell..?  No wonder!  Nothing else is offered! 

label edited to feedback/ideas to learn more about labels see here. Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Re: Call Of Duty Overkill

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

*Rant

Do a search on the PS Store for COD and just look at all the titles that come up under that name.  There's 3 games with at least 20 or more expansions for them listed on there.  It's overkill and no wonder people rant over this over-hyped shooter game.  We need something else besides COD and shooters to play, and if this is all the PS4 has to offer, it's really disappointing to say the least. 

You're just not looking, old sport.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 9 (139 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jul 14, 2014

So very true. But right now I'm not ranting too much. I understand the PS4 is barely learning to walk, so I'll give it time. In the mean time I've just been playing on other things like the Wii U and PC. I want shooter action, PS4, I want something else, WiiU/PC. I don't like the game library right now, but I'm sure in the future it will flourish, do not worry, my friend. (Unless the only console you have is PS4...)

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 9 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5936 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

So very true. But right now I'm not ranting too much. I understand the PS4 is barely learning to walk, so I'll give it time. In the mean time I've just been playing on other things like the Wii U and PC. I want shooter action, PS4, I want something else, WiiU/PC. I don't like the game library right now, but I'm sure in the future it will flourish, do not worry, my friend. (Unless the only console you have is PS4...)

Where is the streaming service we were supposed to get in order to play some of our old games on the PS4?  They have not given us a date, just a general time line of 'sometime this fall.'  How vague is that?  Fortunately, I have my other consoles, and it looks like I'll be getting a Wii U shortly, just so I can have something new to play for a change.  

Message 4 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5936 posts

Jul 14, 2014

darknovaxp wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

*Rant

You're just not looking, old sport.

I look every day... Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jul 14, 2014
So ignore the best selling franchise and give all that content to Xbox as an exclusive. Great business strategy. Meanwhile The Puppeteer was a great game. Ironically it only sold 180,000 copies.
Message 6 of 9 (105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5936 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
So ignore the best selling franchise and give all that content to Xbox as an exclusive. Great business strategy. Meanwhile The Puppeteer was a great game. Ironically it only sold 180,000 copies.

I just made an observation and stated a simple fact in terms of how COD there is on the PS Store.  

Message 7 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jul 14, 2014
You made a rant based on another company putting their DLC on the store which currently consists of three map packs and some skin packs and two voice packs. None of it is Sonys content so I really don't know what the big deal is.
Message 8 of 9 (91 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
13559 posts

Jul 14, 2014

COD gets one game a year with 4 DLC packs spread throughout the year.

There are only 3 exceptions:

1. MW3, which was testing the whole "COD Elite" thing, which brought more frequent, smaller DLC packs (instead of packing in 4 maps in one pack, it released individual packs). As a result, MW3 had 9 monthly DLC releases.

2. Black Ops 2, which first introduced microtransactions via Camo DLC packs.

3. Ghosts, which expanded the microtransactions with more Camo DLC packs as well as Character Models and Voice packs (and some other stuff like extra class slots)

And that's hardly overkill. There are plenty of games that have just as much DLC, and they're only ONE game.

Just look at DOA5:

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_5/DLC

Considering COD releases 1 Game a year, and each COD game gets at least 4 DLC packs, it's no surprise that when you search it in the store, it appears like there's too much. In the grand scheme of things though, it isn't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 9 (80 Views)