Nov 14 2012
By: Keegan_934 First Son 11 posts

Call of Duty, secret behind Nihilistic developing it?

13 replies 353 views Edited Nov 14, 2012
Well everyone, so far almost 80% of the people have liked Declassified, which is far more than we all expected.
Some people and reviewers say that SP is too short and makes no sense, that MP is great but needs some polishment.
Someone there said it's a shame that Treyarch didn't develop it because BO 2 has been well received.

So here's my personal opinion on the developer topic:
Treyarch took a HUGE risk when deciding to move BO 2 to a near future, they didn't know if people would like this. (The same happened to Infinity Ward when they decided to move forward from WWII to the present) To make the risk lower, they invested huge amounts of money and time developing the new scenarios. Just think a bit, how much have they spent on building a game with a "NEW" experience.
In my opinion, Treyarch had no time and no people to set a group to work and create a Call of Duty game, they needed all the people on their new game, the one who many people call "A game that would completely change the Call of Duty experience"

Hope is that next year when Treyarch (or IW or even Sledgehammer games) will have "less work" on their hands and start making a new call of duty game for the vita

What is your opinion???
Message 1 of 14 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: Call of Duty, secret behind Nihilistic developing it?

Nov 14, 2012

someone else is gonna be making it anyway.

nihilistic is dead.

i'd love to see a tried and true dev take on call of duty vita. i was sure neversoft was gonna be the unveiled dev (they didn't even announce who was making it forever)

Message 2 of 14 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I think nihilistic was put in charge of the game because it was less expensive for sony to hire a smaller / not so well known developper.

I also hope that treyarch or infinity ward will develop a cod game for vita, it needs to be done.

Message 3 of 14 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Well Call of Duty games come yearly, so its not like were not going to be seeing another Call of Duty title again. For the Vita.

Hopefully with a Ghost in the Shell tie-in so I can drive around in Tachikomas.

Message 4 of 14 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Keegan_934 wrote:
 80% of the people have liked Declassified

Hehe can't be the only one who got a laugh at reading this, can i?

what people? lol and where are you getting this percentage from?

Message 5 of 14 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Nov 14, 2012

its from metacritic.

i think a lot of those reviews are fake tho, 1st  time reviewers being overly postive.

Message 6 of 14 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Fake reviews? What are they going to do afterwards?

Re-Review them?

Message 7 of 14 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Nov 14, 2012

user submitted reviews on metacritic. they could pay a PR firm to do that for pretty meager sum.

Message 8 of 14 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

hawkeystar wrote:

I think nihilistic was put in charge of the game because it was less expensive for sony to hire a smaller / not so well known developper.

I also hope that treyarch or infinity ward will develop a cod game for vita, it needs to be done.

Sony had nothing to do with the development of this game, they were not publishing it either. I do believe you are right that Activision did it because it was less expensive for them plus their other development teams were probably busy working on other things anyway.

Activision were the publishers, Nihilistic the developers.

Message 9 of 14 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Nov 14, 2012
funny vita wont be getting anymore COD. Acti usually dont care about handhelds

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 10 of 14 (227 Views)
0 Likes