Apr 27 2009
By: Psych_G Uncharted Territory 2089 posts

Can Cole drink water? Wouldn't he die?

[ Edited ]
49 replies 1346 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

This may just be a pointless thread, but this question has been baffling me ever since I pondered it. All humans, nay, all LIVING things need water to survive. Before I go on, let's establish that Cole, indeed, is a living organism. However, then comes in the factor of his electricity. If he can absorb electricity, then I believe it would be safe to say that Cole's body, organs, blood, et cetera, are all coursing with some level of electricity and is able to survive under static charge. To my point, water conducts electricity. Cole is also a conductor of electricity. Hell, he's practically a living lightning rod. So wouldn't Cole's parching his thirst for nature's life-giver kill him? Wouldn't inadequacy of water also kill him? Is our Cole McGrath left to die prematurely simply from dehydration or frying his insides to a pulp? 

What do you guys think? 

Message Edited by Psych_G on 04-27-2009 04:16 PM

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

"El Goddamn Dorado" ~ Sully, Uncharted
There should be a joke in InFamous where Zeak just hands Cole a lozenge.... That's all I wanted to say. Smiley Happy Go InFamous!
Message 1 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Re: Can Cole drink water? Wouldn't he die?

Apr 27, 2009

Well, from my understanding, Cole can't take a shower, because that would fry him. He doesn't take showers in the game. However, in a shower, your get the outside of your body wet with water. Like you said, Cole's inner body has electricity flowing all over the place. More than 50% of the human body is water, so if he hasn't been fried already, I don't see why he would if he drank water. I think it's as long as water doesn't touch the outside of his body, he is fine.

R.I.P. Paul Harvey (Sept. 4, 1918 - Feb. 28, 2009)

Operation Dentiform Alignment Initiated on Wednesday September 3, 2008
Heavy Enforcers Added on Tuesday October 8, 2008

Message 2 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2089 posts

Apr 27, 2009

easyaspie00 wrote:

Well, from my understanding, Cole can't take a shower, because that would fry him. He doesn't take showers in the game. However, in a shower, your get the outside of your body wet with water. Like you said, Cole's inner body has electricity flowing all over the place. More than 50% of the human body is water, so if he hasn't been fried already, I don't see why he would if he drank water. I think it's as long as water doesn't touch the outside of his body, he is fine.

Or, the blast depleted Cole of massive amounts of water. So, he's running at his minimum.  If not that, then Cole's body is still coursing with electricity and if he does still have more than 50% of his body mass as water, his insides would have ALREADY been fried. 
 Note: InFamous refuses to play alongside some basic laws of nature. CONFIRMED! 

"El Goddamn Dorado" ~ Sully, Uncharted
There should be a joke in InFamous where Zeak just hands Cole a lozenge.... That's all I wanted to say. Smiley Happy Go InFamous!
Message 3 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Psych_G wrote:

easyaspie00 wrote:

Or, the blast depleted Cole of massive amounts of water. So, he's running at his minimum.  If not that, then Cole's body is still coursing with electricity and if he does still have more than 50% of his body mass as water, his insides would have ALREADY been fried. 
 Note: InFamous refuses to play alongside some basic laws of nature. CONFIRMED! 

I think Cole can consume small amounts of water, he just can't take in a large amount. That would overcharge his system and cause him to fry himself. But I think Cole can be exposed to small amounts of water, because when he sweats he would fry himself  otherwise.

Message 4 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2732 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Well water conducts electricity, so drinking water could affect Cole's powers.

For example, if you drink a standard bottle of Poland Spring Water, you get half of your maximum health back.  But your powers are a bit wacky.  Ie, a standard shot that would normally go straight, goes at a random angle.

drownedphoniex
Message 5 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1264 posts

Apr 28, 2009
maybe when he got his powers one of them was the abitilty to not be fried by liquid
Message 6 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Apr 28, 2009
he cannot swim because he'll fry, the devs said in a interview. so that aint a power.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Apr 28, 2009
maybe. other then his powers we're not exactly sure how his body chemestry has changed. he may not even need to eat or drink to survive
Message 8 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Where did you guys hear he can't get wet?  I thought I was reading as much as possible on this one, but hadn't read that.  Does it not rain during the game?  Well, back to the drinking question, my first thought was that while water is a good conductor of electricity, apparently so is his body now, so it really shouldn't matter.  If it doesn't hurt him to suck electricity out of an electrical box, it shouldn't matter to drink a little water.  interesting question though.

-------

http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages
Message 9 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
890 posts

Apr 28, 2009
the dude buts both of hes hands in the two main power cords in an electricity station and survives but he would fry when gets water on him?
Message Edited by jame334 on 04-28-2009 12:41 PM
Message 10 of 50 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes