Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2066 posts

Re: Connect my cell phone to ps3 via bluetooth?

Jul 25, 2008
I have a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic that I tried to pair so I could stream music from my phone to my PS3 like I do with my PC.  But the PS3 was never able to find it.  Hopefully one day it will.  Most of the music I listen to regularly is already on the PS3's hard drive but I have a bunch of stuff that is only on my phone so it would be handy, although not necessary.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
422 posts

Jul 25, 2008
Dude, your phone would have to be a media server. Most people have a hard time getting mail and voicemail, so I couldn't imagine any phone company incorporating a media server into their phones... Unless it's apple... All Hail Steve Jobs!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1007 posts

Jul 25, 2008

Krisonrio wrote:
Doesn't work that way. You want to answer phone with your PS3 right? Well PS3 is not a speaker and it's not the slave side, it's the master just like cell phone itself. You can't have 2 masters in 1 set. You can't put your imaginary functions in PS3, read user manual, there is no such function. You can't just expect to plug things in and they will magically work the way you imagine them would.
Huh?  Lol...

Yeah, the cell phone thing would work and there is no point 

If you are a Christian, put this in your sig!
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2066 posts

Jul 25, 2008

Daistaar wrote:
Dude, your phone would have to be a media server. Most people have a hard time getting mail and voicemail, so I couldn't imagine any phone company incorporating a media server into their phones... Unless it's apple... All Hail Steve Jobs!!!

Was that a responce to me? I use my phone to stream music via Bluetooth to my PC all the time. That is the whole selling point of the 5310.

Message Edited by ctevans1 on 07-25-2008 01:43 PM

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1240 posts

Jul 25, 2008

Daistaar wrote:

How about this: depending on the phone model, you could use the phone as a qwerty keyboard. It's nice and small, and assuming you already have one won't have to shell out for another full-sized bluetooth keyboard. HA! LOL

Or.... hahaha.. Imagine if you will.... (Very far fetched...) that the Phone could pick up your messages from PSN.... You run to the bathroom during a DM in COD4 and you have your phone... Then you get a message that a match will begin in your buddy's room in a bit. You have your phone in your pocket (albeit around your ankles thanks to some awesome White Castle) and you get it forwarded to your phone becauase of the PS3 BT. AWEEESOMMEEE!!!!!!     IF only, right?!   LOL

"Sorry dudes, dropping a duece, take B without me."

God of War III Beta Tester (game = meh...)
Pre-release 220GB FFXIII PS3
37" Sony OLED preproduction TV
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
273 posts

Jul 25, 2008

nation845 wrote:

Daistaar wrote:

How about this: depending on the phone model, you could use the phone as a qwerty keyboard. It's nice and small, and assuming you already have one won't have to shell out for another full-sized bluetooth keyboard. HA! LOL

Or.... hahaha.. Imagine if you will.... (Very far fetched...) that the Phone could pick up your messages from PSN.... You run to the bathroom during a DM in COD4 and you have your phone... Then you get a message that a match will begin in your buddy's room in a bit. You have your phone in your pocket (albeit around your ankles thanks to some awesome White Castle) and you get it forwarded to your phone becauase of the PS3 BT. AWEEESOMMEEE!!!!!!     IF only, right?!   LOL

"Sorry dudes, dropping a duece, take B without me."

Image hosting by Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2459 posts

Jul 25, 2008

Why would you want to do that anyway it isnt going to work

Sony For Life!

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jul 25, 2008
Well how about the obvious, maybe he and others like me want to put our pictures and videos from your cell phone to our ps3.  Should be able to do that.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jul 25, 2008

You know what, im going to try that.

I got a Nokia N95 and a 6300, i hope it works. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Jul 25, 2008

any luck on obex transfers?

leaving...
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 52 (648 Views)
0 Likes