First Son
9 posts

Re: Connect my cell phone to ps3 via bluetooth?

Jul 27, 2008

i have a SE w580i and it wont connect.

how about this, the phone connects to the PS3 (bluetooth) to control the XMB, and function as a remote. that way you could control movies and media with your phone, instead of a controller or the remote. it would be relatively simple, if someone knew the bluetooth protocol for a few buttons to be implemented into a Java app (which can run on nearly any phone) with a basic on-screen user interface. 

i know i would  do that, i dont want to go and pay $25 for something i would never get my money out of, and also i dont need to buy another peripheral to clutter my collection of technology! 

i probably have no hope of this, until someone releases a universal remote with bluetooth, or if i find a USB infrared reciever

Message 31 of 54 (21,533 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4597 posts

Jul 27, 2008

FordRacer16 wrote:
Is there anyway to do this? On the PS3, when scanning, it never gets done scanning.

lol u wanna send pictures in ur cellphone to ur ps3 or u wanna know hows ur ps3 doing when ur not at home by checking it on ur cellphone
Message 32 of 54 (21,533 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Dec 23, 2009
I found that just today, while remote connecting my PSP. If it lets me move music and photos between the phone hard drive and ps3 hard drive that would be cool. I do know there is a feature to link Playstation Home with the Sony phone. That is most likely the main reason that phone connect feature is there.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

im currently playing: - -
Republicans and Democrats are both silly parties, Vote GREEN !
Message 33 of 54 (21,533 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 3, 2012

i would like to transfer some video that i took with my phone, i dont have an SD card so i could delete them and free up space, it would be a great feature for sony to add

Message 34 of 54 (21,518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2012
You need an android phone that allows you to use your phones keyboard as a bluetooth keyboard .. Theres an app called BlueputDroid . Itll pair with your ps3 . Either get it from XDA forums or google it Smiley Wink .. Disable any ad blockers u may be running and tadaaa your phone will pair to ps3 .
*Problem Solved*
Message 35 of 54 (21,433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Your se w580i is way too old to do this dude its java based runtime is your phone and not compatable and i dont know of ant java apps that can connect fone to ps3 .. Oly android at the moment and certain other fones . Now there is a way to do it i cant see it being long until they figure out a universal way to pair the 2. I heard if you find out the name of a bt ps3 headset and name your phone that it may work but i havnt tried that . Im using BlueputDroid Smiley Wink .
Hope this helps you
Message 36 of 54 (21,431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013
You swear you know everything! Ignorant people!
Message 37 of 54 (21,341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Wow these people are **bleep** im trying to do the same cause i wanna listen to my phones music on my ps3 while i play mw3 if you dont know the **bleep** answer then dont comment
Message 38 of 54 (21,320 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I thought Bluetooth was Dialup internet Wireless, as Wifi is Dsl wireless and or cable?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 39 of 54 (21,318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 16, 2013
If it doesn't work that way then why can two phones be bluetoothed together? I would do it so i could play the music from my phone through my playstation. And i can pair with my ipad which would be a master bluetooth.
Message 40 of 54 (21,162 Views)
0 Likes