Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Virus on PS4 yes or no

Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

ColonelFenris wrote:

And the ONLY information any "hacker" would obtain from a social media account, is your full name... maybe a cell-phone number.... maybe your home address..... maybe nothing at all...... the only information they would get, is whatever you OPENLY enter into the social account.

Are you not that intelligent to undestand this?

Besides.... running a simple API doesn't actually have any "backdoor" to "hackers"..... Im not even sure you know what the term actually means. You might just be referring to "script kiddies" who don't even know a thing about actual hacking.

I use hack/hackers in quotation because I use the term lightly since idiots are too quick to assume they were the target of "hacking" and not because they are stupid.

I used to run the website portion of a newspaper. I was the one who implemented the Facebook and Twitter API's to enable commenting on news articles and to use on the papers' forum.....
I also happen to have a Computer Science degree, with a primary focus in IT Administration services as a Tier 3 technician and hardware/software architect.
There is NOTHING that a hacker is going to obtain from compromising a social media account tied to a console running its API.

They are two completely separate networks. Your PSN account is not going to be "hacked" simply because your facebook or twitter account is hacked, unless you're stupid enough to actually share your PSN login information with someone else.
And the same goes in the opposite direction. The ONLY commonality between them, is the fact that YOUR NAME is connected to both.

When you learn the exact function of an API, and understand how to code.... you will know WHY what you said and insinute is wrong.

why do people on these forums feel the need to be complete A-holes? seriously we're having a clean discussion here and then this.. i swear its like these people just wait for a post to do this in..

Maybe because if you didn't make such arrogant, and ignorant claims - less people would be less inclined to act in such a fashion.

Of ALL the things I said in that long-winded comment, you want to point out the innocuous? But I see it now..... so quick the play the victim from just a few jabs that means absolutely nothing, and completely ignoring the actual context of my message.

No wonder why every thread you participate in, it turns to crap and why people think of you as a troll.

Stop looking so hard into petty insults just to play the victim, simply because its convenient. Or are you still in high-school?

Message 21 of 42 (1,999 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014
@ Panter and Fenris
so now rather then discussing virus' on PS4 this is a gang up on me for past comments? especually one that was uncallled for like in this one huh? great, you do know your both adding to the problem right?
Message 22 of 42 (1,998 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

everything has back doors, thats why PSN was hacked on PS3. there is always a back door to anything online and hackers who are determined enough will find them, again i hope it doesn't happen for you guys but hackers will always try.

Ubderstand please and im not flaming you. PSN and PS4 2 different things. To hack the PSN I dont even need a console. If I have the correct information. I can do this with a PC. Far as putting a virus on your PS4. The virus maker would have to know how to code for the UI of the PS4. Then get passed all the security in lace. PS4 doesnt let you jut run any old program. Its security lets you run specif stuff. They only way to get by this part is to hack or jail brake your console. So even if a virus was infact made. Only hacked consoles could get it. Far as the white night thing you spoke of. Irt was done and a problem on jail broken PS4s. There youtube videos all over it. The Ps4 would not run said hack unless you opened its OS and firmware with a Hack.

Message 23 of 42 (1,997 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

Cause you like to jump on peopele that dont agree with your feelings.  in other threads. People see this and well arent very nice.

i defend my views but here i've comment clean, so why was this needed exactly?

cause you posted why is every one here so rude. Well  We told you why.

Message 24 of 42 (1,991 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

ColonelFenris wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

If anything I would say it's much higher of a chance of an Xbone to get a virus since it runs that awful Windows 8. Not that Windows 8 is specific to being prone to viruses, Windows in general is. W8 is just plain awful. 

Actually.....

The only thing that is common with Xbox One and Windows 8.... is the Kernel.

Nothing else.

Windows 8 actually has very few actual viruses, but since when has ANY Windows operating system NOT have viruses?
Do you know how to prevent them? Make sure you have a good Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware program and schedule it to scan on a weekly basis. Even Window's own Security Essential's software does a good job at preventing malware and virus infections...

Don't be ignorant.

There are also Viruses on Mac(yes, Mac's get them, who ever told you they don't is a fool), Linux, Unix/GNU...... NO SYSTEM is ever "virus free".....

You're taking this further than it needed to go. I never even mentioned Macs, but it seems like you're getting defensive and felt the need to bring up Macs not being "virus-free". I don't talk down to me, I know how to prevent them. I was making a point pertaining to the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not making this an OS flame war. So take your own advice and "Don't Be Ignorant" because you're acting like it. 

Message 25 of 42 (1,984 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 17, 2014

People pls dont fight and thanks for all your professional information.I hope the hackers stay away from PlayStation universe lol.Good day

Message 26 of 42 (1,979 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

ColonelFenris wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

If anything I would say it's much higher of a chance of an Xbone to get a virus since it runs that awful Windows 8. Not that Windows 8 is specific to being prone to viruses, Windows in general is. W8 is just plain awful. 

Actually.....

Nothing else.

Windows 8 actually has very few actual viruses, but since when has ANY Windows operating system NOT have viruses?
Do you know how to prevent them? Make sure you have a good Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware program and schedule it to scan on a weekly basis. Even Window's own Security Essential's software does a good job at preventing malware and virus infections...

Don't be ignorant.

There are also Viruses on Mac(yes, Mac's get them, who ever told you they don't is a fool), Linux, Unix/GNU...... NO SYSTEM is ever "virus free".....

You're taking this further than it needed to go. I never even mentioned Macs, but it seems like you're getting defensive and felt the need to bring up Macs not being "virus-free". I don't talk down to me, I know how to prevent them. I was making a point pertaining to the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not making this an OS flame war. So take your own advice and "Don't Be Ignorant" because you're acting like it. 

Mmmm, looks like he was just expounding on the question and giving an example using Macs. Calm down.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 27 of 42 (1,977 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

don't let it get to you Henry, seems like these two just came in to derail this topic, seriously jumping on someone for past comments. whetever.

ignoring the two, back on topic guys. anyone have anything else to add?

Message 28 of 42 (1,972 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

ColonelFenris wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

Actually.....

Nothing else.

Don't be ignorant.

Mmmm, looks like he was just expounding on the question and giving an example using Macs. Calm down.

Some of you guys are quite full of yourselfs. Defending people that insult others and then backing them up for starting flame wars that had no merit. We're talking about game consoles getting viruses, not Mac vs. Windows so don't come at me being another member's fanboy here. 

Message 29 of 42 (1,969 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

Some of you guys are quite full of yourselfs. Defending people that insult others and then backing them up for starting flame wars that had no merit. We're talking about game consoles getting viruses, not Mac vs. Windows so don't come at me being another member's fanboy here. 

dude chill, like i said just ignore them like i'm gonna.

Message 30 of 42 (1,962 Views)
0 Likes