Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2014
Offline
103 posts
 

Re: Virus on PS4 yes or no

Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

everything has back doors, thats why PSN was hacked on PS3. there is always a back door to anything online and hackers who are determined enough will find them, again i hope it doesn't happen for you guys but hackers will always try.


Wrong.

The PSN wasn't hacked because of any backdoor.

A Backdoor, is a term used to signify the software programmer has created a "backdoor" to be able to easily access the root of the software without having to deal with the inefficiencies of going through several levels of security.

Backdoors, actually are no longer used in Enterprise-level hardware and software BECAUSE of the potential of compromise to any particular system.

Any "backdoor" programmed into any system, is an already poorly programmed system and could have been hacked WITHOUT the discovery of a backdoor.


This is what the NSA is asking for various corporations, like Google, to do so that they don't have to ask everytime.

 

Compromising of ANY system is actually not that hard..... You only need 2 things to be successful.... Time and Effort. Thats it.

Spend enough time, and work hard enough at it - ANY system can be compromised.

 

But the biggest problem working against any criminal, is TIME. The longer you stay on a compromised system, the easier it is to find out who you are.

And those who hacked the PSN all those years ago, have been caught and put in jail.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 42 (2,185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/25/2013
Offline
151 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:


Some of you guys are quite full of yourselfs. Defending people that insult others and then backing them up for starting flame wars that had no merit. We're talking about game consoles getting viruses, not Mac vs. Windows so don't come at me being another member's fanboy here. 


dude chill, like i said just ignore them like i'm gonna.


I'm hearing ya! :smileyhappy: I just thought the Playstation forums were better than some others on the web. 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 42 (2,185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
1636 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

 


I'm hearing ya! :smileyhappy: I just thought the Playstation forums were better than some others on the web. 


not by a long shot man, anyway from what the people actually on topic are saying it seems like its not likely but then anything can happen. best just to be careful is all i guess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 42 (2,183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

Friend i just saying you not own a ps4 so thats the reason you dont like it.But ps4 is verry strong i like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 42 (2,182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2014
Offline
103 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

ColonelFenris wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

If anything I would say it's much higher of a chance of an Xbone to get a virus since it runs that awful Windows 8. Not that Windows 8 is specific to being prone to viruses, Windows in general is. W8 is just plain awful. 


Actually.....

The only thing that is common with Xbox One and Windows 8.... is the Kernel.

Nothing else.

Windows 8 actually has very few actual viruses, but since when has ANY Windows operating system NOT have viruses?
Do you know how to prevent them? Make sure you have a good Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware program and schedule it to scan on a weekly basis. Even Window's own Security Essential's software does a good job at preventing malware and virus infections...

Don't be ignorant.

There are also Viruses on Mac(yes, Mac's get them, who ever told you they don't is a fool), Linux, Unix/GNU...... NO SYSTEM is ever "virus free".....


You're taking this further than it needed to go. I never even mentioned Macs, but it seems like you're getting defensive and felt the need to bring up Macs not being "virus-free". I don't talk down to me, I know how to prevent them. I was making a point pertaining to the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not making this an OS flame war. So take your own advice and "Don't Be Ignorant" because you're acting like it. 


So I am not allowed to explain TO EVERYONE ELSE why you are wrong, and expand further with more information so they are better informed in the future?

You think THAT is ignroance? No, arrogance sure.... but not ingnorance.

Please learn to difference in definition of those two words before tyring to throw it back at me.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 42 (2,181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2014
Offline
103 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:


You're taking this further than it needed to go. I never even mentioned Macs, but it seems like you're getting defensive and felt the need to bring up Macs not being "virus-free". I don't talk down to me, I know how to prevent them. I was making a point pertaining to the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not making this an OS flame war. So take your own advice and "Don't Be Ignorant" because you're acting like it. 


don't let it get to you Henry, seems like these two just came in to derail this topic, seriously jumping on someone for past comments. whetever.

ignoring the two, back on topic guys. anyone have anything else to add?


No...... You're the reason why ANY topic gets derailed. No wonder people call you a troll.

And there you go again playing victim. Seriously, whats your deal? Just let it go dude.
We all know you're wrong, and yet you don't want to be wrong so you play the victim. And then want to point fingers at those who are trying clear things up and explain why you are wrong....

ITS OK TO ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG. No one is going to think less of you because of it.
I admit I am wrong many times. That doesn't mean that my humanity is taken from me. I just learn from it and move on.

Grow some thick skin.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 42 (2,176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
1636 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

KATILA10 wrote:

Friend i just saying you not own a ps4 so thats the reason you dont like it.But ps4 is verry strong i like it.


seen to many potential flaws with it, but this isn't the place KATILA. this is a post about if the PS4 can get a virus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 42 (2,174 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/21/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

Sure srry :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 42 (2,170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14941 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

HenryDJP wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

ColonelFenris wrote:

HenryDJP wrote:

If anything I would say it's much higher of a chance of an Xbone to get a virus since it runs that awful Windows 8. Not that Windows 8 is specific to being prone to viruses, Windows in general is. W8 is just plain awful. 


Actually.....

The only thing that is common with Xbox One and Windows 8.... is the Kernel.

Nothing else.

Windows 8 actually has very few actual viruses, but since when has ANY Windows operating system NOT have viruses?
Do you know how to prevent them? Make sure you have a good Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware program and schedule it to scan on a weekly basis. Even Window's own Security Essential's software does a good job at preventing malware and virus infections...

Don't be ignorant.

There are also Viruses on Mac(yes, Mac's get them, who ever told you they don't is a fool), Linux, Unix/GNU...... NO SYSTEM is ever "virus free".....


You're taking this further than it needed to go. I never even mentioned Macs, but it seems like you're getting defensive and felt the need to bring up Macs not being "virus-free". I don't talk down to me, I know how to prevent them. I was making a point pertaining to the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not making this an OS flame war. So take your own advice and "Don't Be Ignorant" because you're acting like it. 


Mmmm, looks like he was just expounding on the question and giving an example using Macs. Calm down.


Some of you guys are quite full of yourselfs. Defending people that insult others and then backing them up for starting flame wars that had no merit. We're talking about game consoles getting viruses, not Mac vs. Windows so don't come at me being another member's fanboy here. 


Right... I was simply explaining what his reasoning was for what he posted. I suppose it made you angry because you didn't understand it, which is fine.

 

True, you are talking about consoles, but that does not mean any and everything that isn't 100% a console is off-topic. Explaining that nothing is virus-free by giving an example of the differences between 2 operating systems was a fine example.

 

Here's some advice to lower the stress level here, don't take things personally, because you're probably overreacting. Also, you probably should have at least 100 posts before you make claims such as "being someone elses fan-boy" as if you've been around enough to know anything about me.

 

It's ironic you would try to be the voice of reason by attempting to be above a flame-war, but you saying the things you do is the only reason there is contention.

 

It's also a typical tactic of throwing out "ugh, just like ignore them they're derailing the toooooppppiiiiic" whenever someone offers a differing viewpoint... it's really quite annoying.


Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 42 (2,167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
1636 posts
 

Re: Can my PS4 get a virus?

Feb 17, 2014

no swet KATILA, so anyone else have an input? does anyone else feel they might or might not be at risk? come on guys this is a legitimate concern.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 42 (2,161 Views)
0 Likes