Jan 08 2013
By: Ghost_Ookami First Son 22 posts

Can someone explain LittlebigPlanet to me?

17 replies 197 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

The last PS console i had (before getting the vita on blackfriday) was the original ps1. So needless to say im out of touch with most if not all PS games. Im doing my best to catch up on my knowledge so i can make good informed decisions on vita games. But the one im trying to figure out the most is the LBP series, specifically the vita one.

From what ive seen from reviews and gameplay is its a puzzle platformer? Am i right about that? And that  you can make your own levels?

It has such high reviews but i cant seem to find out "why", mainly because i dont know a lot about the game itself.  I have a slight issue with most puzzle platformers. And that is once you beat the game there is no replayability other than getting achievements or personal goals. The puzzle aspect is gone because you know how to solve it all. For me to spend 30-35$ on a puzzle platformer it has to last be quite a while or be really really good. For instance, Portal 2 was a great game, it lasted a very long time, had a great story and i thinkt he price was set just fine, but even then i only played through it once and had no real ambition to go over it again, but because of all the content i justified the price, at least for me it did. So i guess my real questions are

1. Why is this game so popular?

2. How long does this game take to beat?

3. Ive heard you can download other peoples created levels, Im unfortunately on a fixed data allowance so how big are these levels? 5mb? 100mb? or can you not find that out. If not thats fine i can always download big files during the night when i get unlimited service.

4. Is there a story behind it?

I just dont know enough about this game to make a good decision. So please help me out here.

Message 1 of 18 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: Can someone explain LittlebigPlanet to me?

Jan 8, 2013

just play it and you will see.

Message 2 of 18 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jan 8, 2013
step 1: go to youtube
step 2: search youtube for littlebigplanet
step 3: repeat & dont make pointless threads

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 3 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 8, 2013

oh my bad, i thought this was a forum to discus the vita and its games. What was i thinking?!!!

Message 4 of 18 (176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7190 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ghost_Ookami wrote:

The last PS console i had (before getting the vita on blackfriday) was the original ps1. So needless to say im out of touch with most if not all PS games. Im doing my best to catch up on my knowledge so i can make good informed decisions on vita games. But the one im trying to figure out the most is the LBP series, specifically the vita one.

From what ive seen from reviews and gameplay is its a puzzle platformer? Am i right about that? And that  you can make your own levels?

It has such high reviews but i cant seem to find out "why", mainly because i dont know a lot about the game itself.  I have a slight issue with most puzzle platformers. And that is once you beat the game there is no replayability other than getting achievements or personal goals. The puzzle aspect is gone because you know how to solve it all. For me to spend 30-35$ on a puzzle platformer it has to last be quite a while or be really really good. For instance, Portal 2 was a great game, it lasted a very long time, had a great story and i thinkt he price was set just fine, but even then i only played through it once and had no real ambition to go over it again, but because of all the content i justified the price, at least for me it did. So i guess my real questions are

1. Why is this game so popular?

2. How long does this game take to beat?

3. Ive heard you can download other peoples created levels, Im unfortunately on a fixed data allowance so how big are these levels? 5mb? 100mb? or can you not find that out. If not thats fine i can always download big files during the night when i get unlimited service.

4. Is there a story behind it?

I just dont know enough about this game to make a good decision. So please help me out here.

1. It's so popular because the original LBP was a game changer. It brought with it creation tools with which the community overtook to create some AMAZING levels. This is what LBP is really about, user created content, it's games like these that are worth the money because of endless replayability

2. Depends. I believe there are 5 worlds with 5 main levels in each (like every LBP game before it) , not including all the cool minigame levels. Keep in mind that these levels are pretty big, and each have several things to do in the, like getting all the prize bubbles, acing the level, etc...

3. Yes, you can download other levels that people have created, or you can just play them and not download them. The download function is cool because if you found a super cool leve (which you will), you can download it, then play it on the go when you don't have an internet connection, it's a VERY cool feature. No need to worry about how much memory they take, as they take a lot less than I thought, probably not even 1mb per each, which seems weird, considering the depth and grand scale of certain levels.

4.YES! Every LBP game has it's own cool story, which is a lot of fun, I must say. The humor and overall feel to it is awesome.

LBP Vita is worth every penny spent. Luckily, I got it on sale for $20 a while ago, but don't let that get in the way, because it's worth more than that.

Message 5 of 18 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for the response. Im beggining to thinkt his is a game that i will just have to try for myself.  I think im going to just go ahead and buy it, with all the good reviews out there it should keep me entertained, if not 30$ isnt a huge money sink so it will be fine. The user content seems to be pretty neat as well.

Message 6 of 18 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Jan 8, 2013
@Ghost don't pay attention to users like JSiggy who are juvenile and try to be internet warriors.
Message 7 of 18 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 8, 2013
There is a LBP demo on the PSN, so if anything, you can try that to see if it's something you'd enjoy. I'm afraid I can't say anything beyond that since I've never tried the game myself~.
Message 8 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7413 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ghost_Ookami wrote:

Thanks for the response. Im beggining to thinkt his is a game that i will just have to try for myself.  I think im going to just go ahead and buy it, with all the good reviews out there it should keep me entertained, if not 30$ isnt a huge money sink so it will be fine. The user content seems to be pretty neat as well.

yea i'd suggest you go ahead, buy the game and try it for yourself, LBP vita is my favorite handheld game of all time (keep it mind i have only owned the psp and now the vita) but yes nothing in my opinion comes even close, some of the community levels are simply amazing way better than Mm/ Tarsier studio ones lol. 

Message 9 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7413 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ghost_Ookami wrote:

oh and if you get it and want to play the game co op online let me know so i can add you to my friends, another online multiplayer game i would recommend is Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, its tons of fun when you play it with friends online lol.

Message 10 of 18 (151 Views)
0 Likes