Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2013
By: aidan2110 Gaming Beast 2341 posts

Can't hear game volume through headset with the Game Capture HD?

6 replies 6544 views Edited May 15, 2013

I just got my Game Capture HD a week or so ago and I'm unable to hear game volume through my Turtle Beach P11 headset. I can still hear game chat and can talk through it though. I haven't found anyone else who has had this problem. I emailed Elgato and they said to make sure my AV Multi sound setting is set on.  It is and I still can't hear game volume? Does anyone know how to solve a problem like this? Do any of you guys have a Game Capture HD and use a headset with it? Even if you don't have this would you know if there is something that I could do in my settings to fix this issue? 

Message 1 of 7 (6,544 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8465 posts

Re: Can't hear game volume through headset with the Game Capture HD?

May 15, 2013

If you are getting chat sounds, you should be getting game sounds, as well.  Is there a control on your headset to adjust the sound between game and chat?  I know that on the original Official Sony Wireless headset, it's a lever right above the Mic on the front.

Message 2 of 7 (6,538 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

May 15, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

If you are getting chat sounds, you should be getting game sounds, as well.  Is there a control on your headset to adjust the sound between game and chat?  I know that on the original Official Sony Wireless headset, it's a lever right above the Mic on the front.

Yes, i've done that. I just hear a faint buzzing/beeping sound when I turn up the volume. 

Message 3 of 7 (6,530 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25153 posts

May 15, 2013

Check the Stereo Headset Audio Extension settings. That makes sure all of the game audio runs through the headset. On the XMB go to

Settings> Accessory Settings> Stereo Headset Audio Extension Settings. Make sure it's set to "On".

That's a clear map of how to get there. You should be able to find it with very little problem.

Message 4 of 7 (6,526 Views)
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

May 16, 2013

I did that but it still doesn't work. 

Message 5 of 7 (6,511 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

May 16, 2013

I would say if what CaptainAlbator has said did not work, you should look into exchanging the headset.  Unless anyone else has any other possible solutions not tried.

Sorry.  It happens some times.  I wish you luck.

Moble

Message 6 of 7 (6,506 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

I think I've figured it out with the help of this video:

The audio cables on my headset weren't correctly connected from my PS3 to my game capture to my TV.

Message 7 of 7 (6,500 Views)