Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Re: Can't wait for support to end for the PS3...

Mar 11, 2014
Can yall like get on party chat since I'm finally able to play mah ps4
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 51 of 69 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote: 

Developers have NOTHING to do with console support...

Seriously? Developers make the games. They will make them for platforms where they can make more money. At the moment the purchase base is much much larger than for the PS4. It would unrealistic to drop support for a console that is still viable by far. That isn't going to happen for awhile. It's part of the normal replacement cycle when new hardware is introduced.

You can continue to push for your speeded up agenda but the marketplace will dictate how quickly developers will move to the PS4 and drop PS3 support. Personally I will continue to enjoy both of my consoles. 

Message 52 of 69 (159 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Seems like someone is upset. Might as well (if you don't have one yet) wait to get a PS4 cause you got some time till PS3 isn't supported.

Message 53 of 69 (144 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Mar 12, 2014

The last generation will see long time support  since the PS3 and 360 have many online components like Netflix , games and movies to download unlike the previous console generation of home consoles.

Message 54 of 69 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Hi, I'm new here.

I know we're all excited for Sony to shift 100% focus to PS4 but let's not be selfish. If developers are able to earn more money from 80M+ install base of PS3 (although we know the active install base must be lower), they will be much more financially secured in the future. And that means they can make more awesome games for us. Besides, if we still have our PS3, what's so bad in playing new awesome games on it again. PS4s not going anywhere anyway.

Message 55 of 69 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Mar 12, 2014
@Singlass

Welcome to the forums. One of the better first posts I've seen.
Message 56 of 69 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Mar 12, 2014
All I have is a PS3 and cant afford a PS4. I may get one later this year, or in two years. If PS3 support dies before the majority of gamers (and devs) are done wih it then screw Sony. Once most PS3 users have upgraded they can kill it but unti then they should keep it up.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 57 of 69 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Mar 12, 2014

@Evan297  Thanks, Bud.

To the person above me, don't worry they won't. PS3s got 2 more years at the very least so you got a lot more time to save up.

Message 58 of 69 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9027 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote: 

Developers have NOTHING to do with console support...

Seriously? Developers make the games. They will make them for platforms where they can make more money. At the moment the purchase base is much much larger than for the PS4. It would unrealistic to drop support for a console that is still viable by far. That isn't going to happen for awhile. It's part of the normal replacement cycle when new hardware is introduced.

You can continue to push for your speeded up agenda but the marketplace will dictate how quickly developers will move to the PS4 and drop PS3 support. Personally I will continue to enjoy both of my consoles. 

OK, because I know you're just set on being right, most of your post is correct...

However, you need to actually understand what is meant by Sony support, it's not games, it's resources used by the company itself for the console itself. It has nothing to do with third party developers or apps like Hulu...

Also, the fact that you think this is some 'agenda' is laughable and please do enjoy your consoles...

Message 59 of 69 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9027 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Singlass wrote:

Hi, I'm new here.

I know we're all excited for Sony to shift 100% focus to PS4 but let's not be selfish. If developers are able to earn more money from 80M+ install base of PS3 (although we know the active install base must be lower), they will be much more financially secured in the future. And that means they can make more awesome games for us. Besides, if we still have our PS3, what's so bad in playing new awesome games on it again. PS4s not going anywhere anyway.

Welcome to the forums...

No one said anything about games never releasing on PS3 again, they will for a long while (4 years maybe)

But there is a huge diference between games being released and updates, advertisement, departments, etc etc...

Message 60 of 69 (94 Views)
0 Likes