Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2014

We need stability updates, CE-34878-0 still is rampant and nothing has been done to rectify it.

You should get your features when people get the console working correctly.

Message 31 of 42 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4869 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

We need stability updates, CE-34878-0 still is rampant and nothing has been done to rectify it.

I am not trying to "attack" you but seriously what games/people are still seeing this?

I have had that error once since February? So I am wondering if it rampant due to lack of upload, the PS4 burying the upload available from the users ISP, or firewall settings.

It is not our job to troubleshoot but I would love to see from the people that continually get this error give some information to see if there is a common point of failure.

Message 32 of 42 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Jul 14, 2014

PS4 gets more software updates than PS3 i think the PS4 could do with more applications here in the UK

Message 33 of 42 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Jul 15, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I am not trying to "attack" you but seriously what games/people are still seeing this?

I have had that error once since February? So I am wondering if it rampant due to lack of upload, the PS4 burying the upload available from the users ISP, or firewall settings.

It is not our job to troubleshoot but I would love to see from the people that continually get this error give some information to see if there is a common point of failure.

I get the error during online play mostly, but I have seen it from when a game just freezes. Even had it during Sharefactory. The freezes are not often though and have actually been quite rare for me. This error seems to really love Blacklight Retribution for me. Happens on Tomb Raider but not a lot. Back when I had CoD it was a constant occurance on that and from what I heard it's also constant on Battlefield.

I think the game does have something to do with the error but it's just happening across different games, some are way more frequent than others. Some get it on Killzone too while I've never actually seen that happen personally.

My guess is.. some sort of network issue locks up the console for a few seconds and when the console goes into lock mode the error forces it's way through.

The only other guess I have would be that an internet connection goes slow for a second or so and then the error occurs which implies that it's a DRM feature.

Message 34 of 42 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15987 posts

Jul 15, 2014
@GhostBuster79

I hear it all the time, if you really were a programmer, then you shouldn't have had to make a thread about it. And you would have already done your research... As programmers tend to do their own research before ever asking for help... At least the code monkeys I know do that.

Not trying to say that you aren't, but i am very doubtful.

As something like mp3 playback, it's already being worked on as well as DLNA/media server functions.

So be patient and stay abreast of the information. Even if you only read one gaming website, like kotaku or ign, they'll have all the recent info.
Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 35 of 42 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Hey if you want to be doubtful about you believing what I do for a living that's perfectly fine. No sweat of my nuts, at the end of the day I know the job I do and where my pay checks come from.

Second who said I was asking for help? I was creating a general conversation topic from one gamer to another to see how other people felt. It's really not a hard concept to grasp here. I do plenty of research and I read idiot comments like the one you just posted to me now and felt the need to be active in the Playstation community.

If I felt like dealing with complete morons I would be posting general conversation topics on n4g, kotaku, or ign. However with the Playstation fans as well myself it was a mere discussion. So if your getting the impression that I am asking for help then obviously the beginning of this thread wasn't a clear rant then.

Overall I'm not disagreeing with you about them not working on DNLA, MP3, Friend notifications or anything else. When you go on n4g and you read month to month about how xbox is getting updates and features left and right to become more appealing it just makes you think what is going on behind Sony's doors and if their being more active besides sending us fillers for stability updates. I also get the we already had these options and their just now putting them in the system. Which is true to an extent.

As one clown in here before mentioned "would you like for them to send empty updates" really with that? Your a complete joke if that's what your taking from all this.

So all in all I would like to see Sony keep the pedal to the floor and don't let up.

Message 36 of 42 (230 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry correction due to **bleep** droid DLNA
Message 37 of 42 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks brotha. I am just trying to get other Playstation members opinions.
Message 38 of 42 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 20, 2014
I completely agree with you man. It's quite sad actually that it's been almost 3 months since 1.7 came out (which wasn't that good of a patch either) and we haven't heard a peep from Sony since, besides the two stability patches that came out since then. It's quite annoying seeing articles every few weeks about a new update coming to the Xbox one, and I'm left wondering why it's so difficult for Sony to deliver things that seem easy in our eyes (mp3, friend notifications, etc). What Sony has to do is completely change the team working on firmware, and bring in people who are more in touch with what we actually want
Message 39 of 42 (176 Views)
Last Guardian
10867 posts

Jul 20, 2014

Bobbleheadz10 wrote:
I completely agree with you man. It's quite sad actually that it's been almost 3 months since 1.7 came out (which wasn't that good of a patch either) and we haven't heard a peep from Sony since, besides the two stability patches that came out since then. It's quite annoying seeing articles every few weeks about a new update coming to the Xbox one, and I'm left wondering why it's so difficult for Sony to deliver things that seem easy in our eyes (mp3, friend notifications, etc). What Sony has to do is completely change the team working on firmware, and bring in people who are more in touch with what we actually want

Because it takes time to write an app and correctly test and trouble shoot the app. Remember MS uses windows 8 on there console so a simple port of a small portion of code and its good to be used. VS  Sony having to write the whole app from scratch and test it afterwards.

Message 40 of 42 (168 Views)
0 Likes