Jul 12 2014
By: GhostBuster79 First Son 26 posts

Can we get a new update please 1.8

[ Edited ]
41 replies 669 views Edited Jul 12, 2014

I have been a loyal fan of Playstation for a long time. I keep reading day in and day out how xbox is putting all these new updates out, features etc. All we get is stability updates. I have no idea why it takes so long for sony but they need to get it in gear. They have a huge lead right now and if they want to keep it they need to be on the ball. COME ON SONY LETS DO SOMETHING ALREADY AND GIVE US NEW FEATURES AND STUFF WE SHOULD HAVE HAD ALREADY FROM PS3!

Mod Edit: Updated Labels. Check here for more information on using labels. Thanks! - lokis_grrl

Message 1 of 42 (669 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 12, 2014
So what KIND of stuff are you wanting for the next update?

It's pretty vague if you're just wanting an update just to have an update....

Would you rather have a BROKEN update that's rushed or would you rather wait and have an update that's stable and introduces a new feature?

The PS4 took MANY updates over the course of 8 years to get the features it has now.

If you had any sort of education on programming, you would understand why it takes a while. It's not something that happens on someone's whim.
Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 42 (632 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 12, 2014
Ps3*
Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 42 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Yeah we do need some feature on the PS4 such as  MP3 supprort and the ability to play and pause downloads thats pretty much all I want there are a lot of features people want though 

Message 4 of 42 (618 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jul 12, 2014
I understand how programing works actually due to the fact I work for a software company now. Second if you had any memory of Sony's updates even after testing there is some.sort of error or something doesn't perform, let's see 1.7 came out and messed up our friends list and then having ps4 record every 15 mins like it should still has issues here and there. Oh wait there is one more how about the rumble feature getting disconnected. My point isn't vague at all what I'm saying is Microsoft has a feedback website and apparently sony does to but it seems msoft is more aggressive. However you don't see Microsoft updates breaking systems often or causing issues is because their smart and do a public beta testing.

I agree I would love mp3 play back, I sure as hell am dying for friend notifications. I mean is it that hard especially when that feature was in ps3.

My point to this post is sony is 4 million ahead of xbox and yes Ofcourse theirs the resolution gate for them but at the same time it looks like their playing to their strengths now and becoming more appealing.
Message 5 of 42 (598 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jul 12, 2014

What's ironic about the OP is that a lot of the XBone updates have been driven by Sony... many updated have been pushed in order to provide XBone users the same service that Sony users had at launch Smiley Tongue

You don't make updates "just because"

Message 6 of 42 (581 Views)
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jul 12, 2014

The difference between MS and Sony is thats MS is a software company so its probaly easier for them there also a lot more weathly. I do wish Sony would be more vocal about what the next system update will be and when to expect it 

Message 7 of 42 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4020 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Sony needs to be working on updating notable isues with the PS4's hardware if they can do it through patches including the terrible WiFi performance, poor LAN speeds that are typically only a fraction of what our ISP connections are capable, and the DualShock 4 still cannot be used wired so players who game competitively always have the input latency of Bluetooth.

My Xbox One tests near 50/20 with the built in speed test and speed test sites through the web browser. My PS4 doesn't even achieve half that in fact the built in speed test says my upload is never above 1.5-2.5 Mbps. WiFi card in the X1 performs excellent, WiFi card in PS4 is barely even usable for online gaming. And X1 controller connects via wired and works without the wireless.

Message 8 of 42 (518 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Jul 12, 2014

HURAY WIT DA UPDATE! MI PS4 NE3D TO PLAY MI PIRATE COLEKTION AND XBOK GAMEZ!!!

Message 9 of 42 (508 Views)
Last Guardian
11834 posts

Jul 12, 2014
Sony will release new updates when they are ready to release them..
>

Message 10 of 42 (506 Views)
0 Likes