Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28836 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 12, 2014

GhostBuster79 wrote:
I understand how programing works actually due to the fact I work for a software company now. Second if you had any memory of Sony's updates even after testing there is some.sort of error or something doesn't perform, let's see 1.7 came out and messed up our friends list and then having ps4 record every 15 mins like it should still has issues here and there. Oh wait there is one more how about the rumble feature getting disconnected. My point isn't vague at all what I'm saying is Microsoft has a feedback website and apparently sony does to but it seems msoft is more aggressive. However you don't see Microsoft updates breaking systems often or causing issues is because their smart and do a public beta testing.

I agree I would love mp3 play back, I sure as hell am dying for friend notifications. I mean is it that hard especially when that feature was in ps3.

My point to this post is sony is 4 million ahead of xbox and yes Ofcourse theirs the resolution gate for them but at the same time it looks like their playing to their strengths now and becoming more appealing.

Everyone on the internet either works in IT, a Navy SEAL, or an ultimate fighter. Nobody is a truck driver, a nurse, or a high school phys ed teacher or what ever.

 

Screaming about how you want an update isn't going to bring one any faster. Would you rather have an "update" on a monthly schedule where you downloaded a blank file, just to have an update? Or would you rather have updates that actually DO something?

Message 11 of 42 (247 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/12/2014
Offline
1163 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 12, 2014
Sony announced YouTube coming to ps4 this summer in their E3 media conference so I expect that update should be close to release. Perhaps other features will be included? LordDust hit the nail on the head in that MS is a software company first and foremost. They will use that strength to create a better UI and online experience in an attempt to close the sales gap. They will also push DirecttX 12 once it's ready to try and close the graphics gap. Sony should not rest on their laurels,
Message 12 of 42 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/20/2008
Offline
7393 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 12, 2014

Sony doesn't read this forum.

Message 13 of 42 (242 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/14/2013
Offline
6016 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GhostBuster79 wrote:
I understand how programing works actually due to the fact I work for a software company now. Second if you had any memory of Sony's updates even after testing there is some.sort of error or something doesn't perform, let's see 1.7 came out and messed up our friends list and then having ps4 record every 15 mins like it should still has issues here and there. Oh wait there is one more how about the rumble feature getting disconnected. My point isn't vague at all what I'm saying is Microsoft has a feedback website and apparently sony does to but it seems msoft is more aggressive. However you don't see Microsoft updates breaking systems often or causing issues is because their smart and do a public beta testing.

I agree I would love mp3 play back, I sure as hell am dying for friend notifications. I mean is it that hard especially when that feature was in ps3.

My point to this post is sony is 4 million ahead of xbox and yes Ofcourse theirs the resolution gate for them but at the same time it looks like their playing to their strengths now and becoming more appealing.

Everyone on the internet either works in IT, a Navy SEAL, or an ultimate fighter. Nobody is a truck driver, a nurse, or a high school phys ed teacher or what ever.

 

Screaming about how you want an update isn't going to bring one any faster. Would you rather have an "update" on a monthly schedule where you downloaded a blank file, just to have an update? Or would you rather have updates that actually DO something?


You're aiming too high.. What about a bum, a burger flipper,retail or some other low end jobs. Those are probably the type of jobs 90% of the population here falls under. I mean after seeing numerous post about people complaining they had to sell their PS3 to get their PS4 it's safe to say most of those on here fall under that category.

Message 14 of 42 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014
Really? So what your saying when I look at my paychecks every 2 weeks and see I work for a software company I'm wrong right? Cool story Bro when is the sequal? Wow can you be any more of a **bleep**. Not my problem your standards are set low with your career of choice which ever that may be.

Second I'm not stating "Please just send me any update" if you had any higher of an education you would understand what my point is. Obviously you don't which I will clarify. My point is that PS4 is an amazing system and I would like to see things back that were in ps3 (simple things friends notification, mp3 support, themes folders etc). Is that better clarification for you or do I need to spell it better for you to understand? You reply back buddy and let me know.


Message 15 of 42 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/13/2014
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014

also one of the problems is indeed sony doesnt read the forums they do not listen to there customers/gamers.

Which they said they would during the e3 they said they were here for the gamers..

Funny thing is microsoft is actually making huge jumps into what sony was saying,.. Sony is slowly starting to fall behind in what they are delivering. While microsoft is actually listining and making chances.

 

Example sony says we have vita for remote play. But there is almost no support at all. Why do we still have to use gimmicks to be able to use our ds4 controller on our main account? well simple there releasing the vita tv, they want that to sell so no more support for vita..

 

There bringing news and make it a thing but at the same time there making new products that solve the problems..

There even a bigger money drifted company then microsoft...

 

I hope they do chance again in what there moto was: Being there for the gamer...

Because funny thing is being that will eventually boost sales much more..

 

Message 16 of 42 (176 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28836 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014

GhostBuster79 wrote:
Really? So what your saying when I look at my paychecks every 2 weeks and see I work for a software company I'm wrong right? Cool story Bro when is the sequal? Wow can you be any more of a **bleep**. Not my problem your standards are set low with your career of choice which ever that may be.

Second I'm not stating "Please just send me any update" if you had any higher of an education you would understand what my point is. Obviously you don't which I will clarify. My point is that PS4 is an amazing system and I would like to see things back that were in ps3 (simple things friends notification, mp3 support, themes folders etc). Is that better clarification for you or do I need to spell it better for you to understand? You reply back buddy and let me know.



There's obvioulsy people out there doing that work, but probably not as many people who CLAIM they're doing it. Just like everyone you talk to who's been in the military claims they were in "special forces", and you find out later they were a bandsman. And "cool story bro" has become an banal internet platitude, that doesn't validate your point.

 

I'll clarify MY POINT (because even though you claim to have vast technical experience, you've seemed to neglect taking courses in basic reading comprehension), in that you'll get these updates WHEN THEY ARE READY. Many here have claimed that they would like to see updates arrive on a "monthly schedule", however that would entail rushing updates out the door, and making things often times invariably WORSE, and not better. If those who insist that monthly updates would be a good thing, and want them because ".... well the other guys have them, why don't we?" as the only justification, then you'd be downloading blank files.

 

You're probably too young to remember an ad campaign by Paul Mason Wines, where Orson Wells (and if you don't know who that is, then take a few minutes to reseach him, and slightly alleviate your cultural myopia), said "We will sell no wine before its time". Maybe we should say something similar about their updates.

Message 17 of 42 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GhostBuster79 wrote:
Really? So what your saying when I look at my paychecks every 2 weeks and see I work for a software company I'm wrong right? Cool story Bro when is the sequal? Wow can you be any more of a **bleep**. Not my problem your standards are set low with your career of choice which ever that may be.

Second I'm not stating "Please just send me any update" if you had any higher of an education you would understand what my point is. Obviously you don't which I will clarify. My point is that PS4 is an amazing system and I would like to see things back that were in ps3 (simple things friends notification, mp3 support, themes folders etc). Is that better clarification for you or do I need to spell it better for you to understand? You reply back buddy and let me know.



There's obvioulsy people out there doing that work, but probably not as many people who CLAIM they're doing it. Just like everyone you talk to who's been in the military claims they were in "special forces", and you find out later they were a bandsman. And "cool story bro" has become an banal internet platitude, that doesn't validate your point.

 

I'll clarify MY POINT (because even though you claim to have vast technical experience, you've seemed to neglect taking courses in basic reading comprehension), in that you'll get these updates WHEN THEY ARE READY. Many here have claimed that they would like to see updates arrive on a "monthly schedule", however that would entail rushing updates out the door, and making things often times invariably WORSE, and not better. If those who insist that monthly updates would be a good thing, and want them because ".... well the other guys have them, why don't we?" as the only justification, then you'd be downloading blank files.

 

You're probably too young to remember an ad campaign by Paul Mason Wines, where Orson Wells (and if you don't know who that is, then take a few minutes to reseach him, and slightly alleviate your cultural myopia), said "We will sell no wine before its time". Maybe we should say something similar about their updates.


Mind you these updates MS are getting are of the Windows 8 OS. So most of the code is already done. They just got to port it over to the One. VS Sony has to write software from scratch. Also most of MS updates are to add what the PS4 had day one out of the box.

Message 18 of 42 (167 Views)
First Son
Registered: 07/13/2014
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014
WHEN THEY GONNA RELEASE THEM IN 4 MORE YEARS! WE DONY CATER TO SONY, SONY CATERS TO US!
Message 19 of 42 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/13/2014
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014
WE DONT CATER TO SONY, SONY CATERS TO US THE CUSTOMER! THEY NEED TO AT LEAST ADDRESS SOME OF OUR CONCERNS SO WE DONT HAVE TO GUESS AND BE LET DOWN EVERY LAME UPDATE.
Message 20 of 42 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes