First Son
1 posts

Re: Can we get a new update please 1.8

Jul 13, 2014
Why is it that the games we bought for PlayStation 3 such as PSN games or PlayStation 2 games such as GTA San Andreas, why can't we use and play those games on ps4 nor use USB to watch our own movies can we please get that patch cause PlayStation Now is nothing but buying boring games that we don't like and honestly I feel I've wasted my money buying a PlayStation 4 cause these are that have should've already been compatible on the system.
Message 21 of 42 (501 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Jul 13, 2014

We_Maejor wrote:
Why is it that the games we bought for PlayStation 3 such as PSN games or PlayStation 2 games such as GTA San Andreas, why can't we use and play those games on ps4 nor use USB to watch our own movies can we please get that patch cause PlayStation Now is nothing but buying boring games that we don't like and honestly I feel I've wasted my money buying a PlayStation 4 cause these are that have should've already been compatible on the system.

Because the PS4 does not have the hardware needed, namely the Graphics Synthesizer and the Cell processor, that would be needed to render PS3, and it doesn't have the Emotion Engine needed for PS2 games. There's no "patch" for that. As for USB movies, try using a file format that is compatible.

Message 22 of 42 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12365 posts

Jul 13, 2014
As of now the ps4 still can't use USB storage to its full extent.. Only use it to export stuff that was captured by the share function.
>

Message 23 of 42 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2014

TLR26 wrote:
WE DONT CATER TO SONY, SONY CATERS TO US THE CUSTOMER! THEY NEED TO AT LEAST ADDRESS SOME OF OUR CONCERNS SO WE DONT HAVE TO GUESS AND BE LET DOWN EVERY LAME UPDATE.

And updates arent made over night you know.

Message 24 of 42 (483 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Ghostbuster don't even waste your time, the sheep dont understand. If sony said follow us to hell they would blindly say if sony said it then lets just follow them. IM NOT A FAN BOY OF EITHER SIDE IM JUST A CUSTOMER WHO IS SUGGESTING SOMETHINGS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN.  THATS WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR! 

Message 25 of 42 (452 Views)
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Sorry to be the bad guy here, but sony did put out updates to the ps3 every friday..

Then they went to every other week, then monthly, then every other month, then when they felt like it.

I have been with sony since the start, and i'm surprised i'm the only one that remembers this....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 26 of 42 (439 Views)
Sackboy
490 posts

Jul 14, 2014

I agree. I've had PS4 since launch and at first I was very impatient for firmware updates. Anyone who says it doesn't need anything more has a poor opinion. The PS4 was rushed out, unfinished, to beat X1's release, period. Sony is most likely looking into everything we've been asking for, they are just taking their sweet time. After 9 months of very minor updates and a near communication blackout from Sony, I am trying to be alittle more patient with them. I just wish they would be more vocal about what they are doing for us. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I sure as hell wouldn't be mad if they gave us a weekly developer's blog, updating and reassuring us that they are working on specific features for future updates. I wouldn't even hold it against them if they never completed something they said they were working on, because at least I would know that they tried...

For Examples:

"7/14/14 - We are currently working on the programming needed to bring our loyal PS4 customers a music player and USB import of supported files. This is in development with no known release date. The programming of this has been very difficult, please be patient."

"7/21/14 - We have successfully completed the programming necessary to enable friend login/logoff notifications to the PS4! It will be added to our next major firmware update. We cannot confirm a release date right now, but rest assured, the feature is complete and will come soon!

Confirmed Features for Next Firmware Update:

- Friend Login/Logoff Notifications(Added on 7/21/14)

- UI Background Customization(Added on 7/7/14)

- Minor Stability & Bug Fixes

- Please note that we do not have any current release date for firmware updates. The Developer's Blog is only meant to keep our customers up to date on what we are working on. Nothing mentioned in the Blog is 100% confirmed as some things don't always work out. Thank you for being patient with us as we bring you new features to enjoy on our PS4 console."

Message 27 of 42 (431 Views)
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Killa-B187 wrote:

I agree. I've had PS4 since launch and at first I was very impatient for firmware updates. Anyone who says it doesn't need anything more has a poor opinion. The PS4 was rushed out, unfinished, to beat X1's release, period. Sony is most likely looking into everything we've been asking for, they are just taking their sweet time. After 9 months of very minor updates and a near communication blackout from Sony, I am trying to be alittle more patient with them. I just wish they would be more vocal about what they are doing for us. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I sure as hell wouldn't be mad if they gave us a weekly developer's blog, updating and reassuring us that they are working on specific features for future updates. I wouldn't even hold it against them if they never completed something they said they were working on, because at least I would know that they tried...

For Examples:

"7/14/14 - We are currently working on the programming needed to bring our loyal PS4 customers a music player and USB import of supported files. This is in development with no known release date. The programming of this has been very difficult, please be patient."

"7/21/14 - We have successfully completed the programming necessary to enable friend login/logoff notifications to the PS4! It will be added to our next major firmware update. We cannot confirm a release date right now, but rest assured, the feature is complete and will come soon!

Confirmed Features for Next Firmware Update:

- Friend Login/Logoff Notifications(Added on 7/21/14)

- UI Background Customization(Added on 7/7/14)

- Minor Stability & Bug Fixes

- Please note that we do not have any current release date for firmware updates. The Developer's Blog is only meant to keep our customers up to date on what we are working on. Nothing mentioned in the Blog is 100% confirmed as some things don't always work out. Thank you for being patient with us as we bring you new features to enjoy on our PS4 console."

You should pitch this to sony..

Doubt they will do it because they hate communication with anyone.

But hey it doesn't hurt to try..

Photobucket

Message 28 of 42 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Haha, I know. Too bad I have no idea how to pitch anything to them, like you said, they hate communicating with anyone. That's why I come here to vent my ideas and complaints to you guys, hoping that maybe one of you knows how to relay messages. From what I've heard they don't even check these forums.

Message 29 of 42 (421 Views)
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Here are a couple of places..

http://www.sony.com/SCA/contacts/overview.shtml

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

now as for the hear say of sony not reading the forums.

All i can say is some sony employees and game devs read the forums.

Photobucket

Message 30 of 42 (418 Views)
0 Likes