Dec 29 2012
By: Darth_Hadus Monster Hunter 38 posts

Canceling a game update

[ Edited ]
3 replies 77 views Edited Dec 29, 2012

Hey everyone. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I'm having to re-install and update GT5. There are 19 game updates that have been downloading in succession for the last 3 hours. Currently, it is on the 10th update, with only 40% progress overall. 

My question is: Can I cancel the update process and keep the 9 updates that have been downloaded and apparently installed? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Re: Canceling a game update

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

Darth_Hadus wrote:

Hey everyone. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I'm having to re-install and update GT5. There are 19 game updates that have been downloading in succession for the last 3 hours. Currently, it is on the 10th update, with only 40% progress overall. 

My question is: Can I cancel the update process and keep the 9 updates that have been downloaded and apparently installed? Thanks.

I'm not sure you do, bu if you have the option on screen to do so then yes, go ahead, but I'm not sure the game will work without the updates, you would be better of waiting it out.

If the option is not on screen to stop the update then don't, you could corrupt the data currently installed.

The game is an "older" one now & even on release it required a decent time to update & install, but since the games release there have been numerous releases & patches etc amounting to a much longer wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10810 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Exiting the update process will cause you to lose everything that has been downloaded so far.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (61 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Dec 29, 2012

You need to let it finish.... otherwise you'll have to start all over again

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (44 Views)
0 Likes