Feb 26 2009
By: Flukester-69 First Son 16 posts

Cheating on PS3, aimbots and wallhacks. What is Sony doing about it?

68 replies 1949 views Edited Feb 26, 2009
Dear Sony,

Please fix the aimbots and wallhacks that are happening across most of your PS3 shooters most notably COD4 and COD5. I have heard from numerous people in the community that Sony is fast to fix exploits and hacks going on however these hacks continue to plague these games. In my opinion this is a make or break for PS3, the community is doing a decent job to try and hide the fact there are cheats happening however the amount of cheating going on these days is a little hard to ignore and growing. Not to mention the fact Sony cannot ban or get rid of these cheaters. Microsoft instant-bans anyone who loads up the game with a number of different cheats. Bans are also permanent.

I am more than willing to provide you all the information (thanks to the multitude of morons out there) of how they are doing it. I can provide videos, files and documents on the process however this is all freely available on youtube and google. I stopped gaming on PC platform for this very reason. It’s amazing the number of ignorant people who do not know how to play a game honestly not to mention the morons who go on youtube and provide video instructions on how to install them. You can imagine how really peeved off I was to find out a few days ago that my suspicions were right on target and that cheating most certainly exists on PS3. There should be no second chance to anyone who has gone to the extent on the PS3 to cheat. Please also consider perm PS3 bans from games as well.

I’d appreciate knowing what Sony is going to do about people exploiting their console.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 69 (1,949 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Re: Cheating on PS3, aimbots and wallhacks. What is Sony doing about it?

Feb 26, 2009
What can Sony do?  They didn't develop COD4 or 5?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 26, 2009

They can work with the game developer.

They can disable the USB port or prevent save data manipulation.

They can inforce a standard save data file for the game.

They can implement an anti-cheat.

If the PS3 is as powerful as they say, they can do something about. I don't see how doing nothing about it or making excuses for them resolves anything. Microsoft bans and perm bans people who cheat.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

Microsoft bans and perm bans people who cheat.

If you believe someone is cheating... report them. Sony does ban people from online play occasionally.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 69 (1,949 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Feb 26, 2009
I'd rather know what Sony's plan is. Sending e-mails about cheaters is one thing, having Sony actually put forward their own committment to secure their game network is another thing completely. I didn't spend $400+ dollars on a console so I could relive the memories of gaming online on PC.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

Feb 26, 2009
COD4 has been patched so that this cant happen. without the patch installed, you cant play the game online.
Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11606 posts

Feb 26, 2009
dude. they cant since the game is multi plat. they would need microsoft, nintendo and sony and i thing devs should fix thier own probs.

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:
I didn't spend $400+ dollars on a console so I could relive the memories of gaming online on PC.

sadly, yes you did. people are idiots and cheaters online regardless of its a pc or console.

also with sony's online being free AND the fact that a lot of online games are actually hosted on players consoles instead of a single server somewhere... there isnt much they will (or even can) do about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

If the PS3 is as powerful as they say, they can do something about. I don't see how doing nothing about it or making excuses for them resolves anything. Microsoft bans and perm bans people who cheat.

dude, understand this -  the only way to prevent people from cheating online is to download the whole game to your secured

hard drive each time you want to play the game.

When you finish with the game - it will have to be deleted.

Would that make you happy?

Message Edited by Feltos on 02-26-2009 11:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6528 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

I suppose all auto makers should keep cars from going over 65mph too right....

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 69 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes