Lombax Warrior
270 posts

Re: Cheating on PS3, aimbots and wallhacks. What is Sony doing about it?

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:
I'd rather know what Sony's plan is. Sending e-mails about cheaters is one thing, having Sony actually put forward their own committment to secure their game network is another thing completely. I didn't spend $400+ dollars on a console so I could relive the memories of gaming online on PC.

So because people cheat whilst playing games like COD 4, the PS3 was a waste of money was it? Who cares if people cheat or not, don't be so **bleep** about it. I understand that it must be slightly annoying but honestly it must be something like 1 in every 10,000 people who are cheating on COD 4 or COD 5. you've just got to learn to not let it bother you so much and I bet it doesn't happen nearly as often as it does on the PC versions of COD 4 and COD 5. Sony will likely never do anything about it because it isn't a major problem if someone cheats now or then because it doesn't affect the majority of people.

Message 11 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 26, 2009

If you don't think people have the capability to cheat on PS3, please do not reply to this thread because you obviously are not up to speed on how it's being done. I've already given more than enough hints on how it's being done. Additionally, PS3 gamers play with PS3 gamers. There is no need to deliberate with PC or Xbox sides of the game. They are separate.

There are logical ways to stop people from exploiting games on PS3, it's up to Sony to enforce it. It also doesn't matter if people hosting it from their PS3. You sign onto the PS3 network everytime you play a game online, you have no choice. They can validate if they want and they can perm ban people right then and there.

Again, I'd rather hear from Sony, this thread is directed at Sony. I'm not hear to converse/argue or force opinions with others on whether or not cheating is capable. I would not have created a pointless thread about cheating if it weren't a reality. I do welcome any idea's on how we or Sony can circumvent cheating.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

If you don't think people have the capability to cheat on PS3, please do not reply to this thread because you obviously are not up to speed on how it's being done. I've already given more than enough hints on how it's being done. Additionally, PS3 gamers play with PS3 gamers. There is no need to deliberate with PC or Xbox sides of the game. They are separate.

There are logical ways to stop people from exploiting games on PS3, it's up to Sony to enforce it. It also doesn't matter if people hosting it from their PS3. You sign onto the PS3 network everytime you play a game online, you have no choice. They can validate if they want and they can perm ban people right then and there.

Again, I'd rather hear from Sony, this thread is directed at Sony. I'm not hear to converse/argue or force opinions with others on whether or not cheating is capable. I would not have created a pointless thread about cheating if it weren't a reality. I do welcome any idea's on how we or Sony can circumvent cheating.

Thanks.

(red)  please inform us of your genius, infallible way to tell if someone is cheating.

(blue) then call/email/contact Sony directly. they dont read these boards.

Message 13 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Feb 26, 2009

you state that people should not reply if they do not know what they are talking about or are not  up to speed

it looks like you are the one that does not know what you are talking about, if you did you would say it

all I hear from you is whining

Message Edited by Feltos on 02-26-2009 12:17 PM
Message 14 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4642 posts

Feb 26, 2009
No one from Sony is going to reply to you dude. In 2 years I've never seen an official Sony CS rep post here. You'd do best to contact them directly.

Message 15 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2009

well, if you don't want them to cheat, do it my way. just go after them yourself. that wat i did. should'va put my PSN ID to "Say_NO_TO_CHEATER." beside, if you have a mic, you can alway tell the cheat that they're either a wussy or **bleep** that they resort to cheating.

i can't even cheat on COD4, so i make it up by doing my best. beside, the dev are responsible for not plugging these holes, but then, there alway a gap. if the program were perfect, then the world would be like Sony PS3 being unhacked. Smiley Tongue 

matttardo wrote:

You have aroused the wrath of the Spirit of Sony Fanboy. Your arrogance and blasphemy have doomed us all to endless apologetic for Sony's lack of vision - delivered by Sony's elite priesthood of Yes-Men.

We are doomed.

But no, I don't think Sony engineers ever graduated, let alone even own a PS3.
Message 16 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 26, 2009

RED: I already explained that. Read the thread and don't waste my time.

BLUE: Not what I was told sinnerjo and interestingly I was told by a Sony support person to post this here as I have been in contact with Sony on 2 occasions already.

I am waiting on Sony to reply. I am not going to sit and argue and lecture people. I'm doing as I was told by Sony support as of 24hours ago. I don't expect any response instaneously. I did however know and state that this would attract a mass of dumb replies like yours.

EDIT: "No one from Sony is going to reply to you dude. In 2 years I've never seen an official Sony CS rep post here. You'd do best to contact them directly"

If that is the case, then someone on the Sony Support Hotline is going to have a really rough night tonight for wasting my time and pushing me off, especially when I have had to wait an average of 20mins for a live person to be on the call.

Message Edited by Flukester-69 on 02-26-2009 09:22 AM
Message 17 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

RED: I already explained that. Read the thread and don't waste my time.

BLUE: Not what I was told sinnerjo and interestingly I was told by a Sony support person to post this here as I have been in contact with Sony on 2 occasions already.

I am waiting on Sony to reply. I am not going to sit and argue and lecture people. I'm doing as I was told by Sony support as of 24hours ago. I don't expect any response instaneously. I did however know and state that this would attract a mass of dumb replies like yours.

EDIT: "No one from Sony is going to reply to you dude. In 2 years I've never seen an official Sony CS rep post here. You'd do best to contact them directly"

If that is the case, then someone on the Sony Support Hotline is going to have a really rough night tonight for wasting my time and pushing me off, especially when I have had to wait an average of 20mins for a live person to be on the call.

Message Edited by Flukester-69 on 02-26-2009 09:22 AM

LOL you crack me up

Message 18 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 26, 2009

You can report cheaters or abusive players. If its about an abusive player, and the abuse is bad enough (someone threatens your life, etc) you can call in and they'll take the matters seriously when you talk to an agent. But if its just general harassment or cheating you have to report them through this link below: Reporting Abusive or inappropriate users

You can also file a complaint with the publisher of the game, in this case its Activision. Try contacting them.

Message 19 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Feb 26, 2009

I don't know what an aimbot is (although I can guess from the name) and I dont know or suspect I faced one before........but I do know that turbo controllers are damn annoying.  However generally speaking I think a lot of people just can't accept losing badly and just say 1) Guy is cheating 2) bad lag. 

I have in the past recieved messages from other users saying one and/or the other.

PSN ID: Tha_Jackal
Message 20 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes