Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Re: Cheating on PS3, aimbots and wallhacks. What is Sony doing about it?

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

You can act immature. You can act like an idiot. It wont get any response other than this one. Sony not only is transparent here but their admins obviously have zero ability to control the 10 year olds who post here.

I am giving Sony time to respond to this post that is all. if your post is intelligent I'll respond. I am not going to stoop the the level of a 10 year old and bash heads. I got a life and better things to do some of you obviously don't. So do as you will, obviously that's Sony's way with Playstation.

Seriously, find a moderator and pm them, they will tell you that Sony does not read these forums. 

Message 41 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Feb 26, 2009

You say he has a scope, so I'm going to assume ACOG. If that is the case, chances are he just got really lucky. People are THAT good with controllers, and if it happened like "THAT", he probably has his sensitivity up high. Plenty of times I've popped 2-3 guys with headshots with an RPD, M16 etc etc in under 5-6 seconds. Pure luck, but it does happen especially considering how accurate these guns are.

As somebody mentioned before, big tv's are huge helps too. Just give it up, there are no aimbots in these games. If there are, the problem is so miniscule that through my 14-15 days of COD online I have never come close to seeing any cheat or "hax" outside of extreme lag.

The other thing may be a lag switch. I remember a guy posting a cage match in here where he would get connection interrupted for 2 seconds, come back and he'd be dead with a headshot. The KIllcam would show the other guy moving perfectly fine and lining up his shot. That also may have happened.

If he was using a true aimbot, he probably would have had more than 2-3 kills in 5 seconds. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0po158MeHUo&feature=related

Message 42 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Feb 26, 2009
Not discrediting you, it's just unheard of so far. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that it is going on, but I have yet to notice anything like you have been describing. I would be curious to what Sony tells you can be done about it. I believe the integrity of the game should be upheld and would not appreciate playing ranked games against these cheaters/bots and such if they do really exist. Thanks for the heads up. I will start watching my killcams more often.
80 gig Playstation 3 Motorstorm Bundle
40'' Sony Bravia W series
PSN JonathanATTY
Message 43 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Feb 26, 2009

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

hi dude obviously u haven't played COD 4 online and got shot in the head from half a map away.

To confirm i viewed how i died from that jokers' first person cam and he popped 3 ppl in the same way in like 5 sec..

No damn way.

With what weapon? Half a map away you say? Which map? How close were the other 3 people? 

Bloc M60E4 players were 2 windows apart

What sight/scope was he using? It is easy enough to spray that weapon and get headshots. 

Dude he wasn't spraying. it was one shot one kill which made it unbelievable. I noe aimbots when i see one. His damn scope rested on the next victim upon recoil. its like those in single player. And he did it throughout the damn game which made ppl leave. 

Fair enough. You could have saved a few posts in this thread if you had just provided those details in the first place. 

that would have been ideal except u were the only one who probed into such minute details while the rest accepted that yes there is cheatin going on. i hope ur not gonna ask for my blood type next. 

Sony Rocks!
Message 44 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Feb 26, 2009

xabilonso wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

xabilonso wrote:

hi dude obviously u haven't played COD 4 online and got shot in the head from half a map away.

To confirm i viewed how i died from that jokers' first person cam and he popped 3 ppl in the same way in like 5 sec..

No damn way.

With what weapon? Half a map away you say? Which map? How close were the other 3 people? 

Bloc M60E4 players were 2 windows apart

What sight/scope was he using? It is easy enough to spray that weapon and get headshots. 

Dude he wasn't spraying. it was one shot one kill which made it unbelievable. I noe aimbots when i see one. His damn scope rested on the next victim upon recoil. its like those in single player. And he did it throughout the damn game which made ppl leave. 

Fair enough. You could have saved a few posts in this thread if you had just provided those details in the first place. 

that would have been ideal except u were the only one who probed into such minute details while the rest accepted that yes there is cheatin going on. i hope ur not gonna ask for my blood type next. 

One thing you will quickly learn about me is that I never just blindly accept things, especially from strangers. 

Message 45 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2958 posts

Feb 26, 2009
this guy is just gettin owned and isnt very good at these games so he is looking for an excuse to his lack of skills...
000albert_pujols
albert
Message 46 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Feb 26, 2009
Message Edited by Feltos on 02-26-2009 02:05 PM
Message 47 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Chances are the dude only has a very large TV which allows him to see across the entire map with your head the size off a apple. Easy shot.

As for aimbots etc..  I have only seen them on a PC as it requires MODing some of  Game files  themself. This is impossiable on the PS3 because the Harddrive is Encrypted and not accessable by any means. Any attempt in acessing the data through a pc forces a reformat when placed back in the PS3 system.

Cheating on the PC however requires that PunkBuster is installed, uptodate and running, This is mandatory on most Online Games resulting in Permaentt Bans within minutes of a match.

The x360 is now dealing with a major cheating issuse due to 90% of there online games are hosted on the users console ( $50 a year for what?) People are using DOS attacks which knocks any users x360 offline thus they win the match.  And there is nothing that MS can do becaus eteh hack attacks the users IP not Lives.

The bottom line is if your getting your butt handed to you then just leave the game and go to another server where you may have better luck.

Message Edited by secretzsquirrel on 02-26-2009 11:11 AM
Message 48 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Nothing to do with getting owned. I don't play to be the best I play to have FUN. I also don't sit and yap all through the game, scream and disturb others. I'm smart, I know I have a mute button on my headset. Those that have played with me know this to be true. I don't moan and groan either. I am not a sore loser and my only goal, like COD4 is to get all my rankings (legitimately).

I can't have fun when people are cheating and exploiting me and others. I played this on PC I left because of the cheating. I have my good games and I have my bad games. I have a 60" LCD. I know the range I can hit people.

Again, if you don't believe there are cheats. Don't post to this thread, ignore it. I really have no time to waste being immature like others here. I'm doing as I was told, perhaps I was lied to (no surprise) coming here fine. If that is the case and nobody from Sony comes here I will call again tonight and rip someone a new one of the phone tonight for wasting my time.

If you are a Sony person, please PM me. I will not be checking this thread any further. Big thanks to moderators here for keeping the thread clean and mature. 

Message 49 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flukester-69 wrote:

Nothing to do with getting owned. I don't play to be the best I play to have FUN. I also don't sit and yap all through the game, scream and disturb others. I'm smart, I know I have a mute button on my headset. Those that have played with me know this to be true. I don't moan and groan either. I am not a sore loser and my only goal, like COD4 is to get all my rankings (legitimately).

I can't have fun when people are cheating and exploiting me and others. I played this on PC I left because of the cheating. I have my good games and I have my bad games. I have a 60" LCD. I know the range I can hit people.

Again, if you don't believe there are cheats. Don't post to this thread, ignore it. I really have no time to waste being immature like others here. I'm doing as I was told, perhaps I was lied to (no surprise) coming here fine. If that is the case and nobody from Sony comes here I will call again tonight and rip someone a new one of the phone tonight for wasting my time.

If you are a Sony person, please PM me. I will not be checking this thread any further. Big thanks to moderators here for keeping the thread clean and mature. 

You might as well pick up the phone. Noone from Sony is going to post here. I would caution against "ripping someone a new one" however as that is the quickest way to get ignored. You will get much better results by calling them up and being polite. Considering that the game was developed by Infinity Ward, and the servers are maintained by Infinity Ward, I would suggest calling them to complain instead of Sony. 

Message 50 of 71 (101 Views)
0 Likes