Mar 22 2013
By: spyder_21 Gaming Beast 2142 posts

Cleaning PS3 system

6 replies 198 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

Ok so I want to get the inside of my PS3 cleaned out.  I doubt it , but does Sony offer a cleaning service?  Where they would open it up and clean all connections/contacts, fans, and get all the crap out.  I don't want to do it myself as I might F**** somthing up.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 1 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28988 posts

Re: Cleaning PS3 system

Mar 22, 2013

They don't offer a cleaning service. The owner's manual states to clean out the vents with a low powered vacuum cleaner. Any household vacuum cleaner will do. In other words, NOT a Shop Vac.

Message 2 of 7 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Taking it apart is easy, Its a few screws that hold the case together and it just separates. Watch a few youtube videos on how to do it, its really easy you wont mess anything up.I did mine awhile ago and the amount of crap that was inside of it was astonishing. Im shocked it had not over heated yet. Since I did mine it became instantly quiet.
Message 3 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2013
There is a website called pimpmyps3.net & he cleans PS3's....Not sure if he is any good or what kind of price he would charge you...His phone #| is on the top of the website...Maybe this will help you out some
Message 4 of 7 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9600 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

If you're unsure of what to do, you can send in your Console at Gophermods, they provide maintenance on your system and clean out everything, they also change the thermal paste so the system will run cooler.

https://www.gophermods.com/

Message 5 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Mar 23, 2013

do NOT TAKE YOUR PS3 APART i tried it and even with a youtube video it didn't go well and yes sony does offer to clean dust out of your ps3 1 of my friends sent his in for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvfKqAuPEY

EVIL SADISTIC B down to the core of my bones, and NO ONE more loyal then me as your friend
Message 6 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 24, 2013

what do you mean it did not go well? Its so easy a monkey can do it. There is one side screw under the void warranty sticker, its a hex screw and the rest are just regular screws along the top. Some are different sizes but you cant put the wrong size screw in the hole it did not come out of. All the holes are counter sunk so only the proper screw will fit. Once the screws are out you can just pull the top case off and blow out all the dusk and crap and gunk that has found its way into the system. It is quite easy I can take apart everything in the PS3 including all the guts in about 8 mins.

Message 7 of 7 (83 Views)