Aug 15 2014
By: B3GV5M63 Fender Bender 2921 posts

Could Sony turn into a Playstation only company?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 169 views Edited Aug 15, 2014

Now we all know that Sony financial situation is bad. they've dropped downhill in one decade. and it just doesn't look very good for it. the Playstation 3 lost them a lot of money. but the PS4 is making them money now. the playstation brand might be the only thing making them money atm. Sony spinned off their PC business. Sony might not turn into a playstation only company. but there is a good chance for them becoming an entertainment company. you know. Sony pictures and Sony computer entertainment. both are the only good things sony have at the moment and really good companions. because if sony dropped as much as they did before in the next 5-6 years. am afraid we might not see a playstation 5.

Mod Edit: Thread moved. Updated title and added Ask the Community and Debate & Opinion labels. Check here for more information. Thanks!- TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Re: Could Sony turn into a Playstation only Company.

Aug 15, 2014
They have two fine divisions that handle music and film. And several other ventures. Their major losses are from televisions and Vaio.

So, no.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 6 (163 Views)
Wastelander
716 posts

Aug 15, 2014
I think Sony is trying to make apple out of windows...

Sony products are usually a great buy and have decent quality, but I don't know, PlayStation is about the only thing I bother with by them not because it's bad, but because I can count on it to still be relevant in 10 years.

Seeing a tv with relative stats but a Sony price really doesn't do it for me. Or seeing a Sony product knowing it has some really good entertainment software on it. Or some sick peripherals like their z external blueray disk drive that was also a gpu booster for the laptop. Wish I had bought that. Pretty nice knowing they put effort into making current hardware better.

Message 3 of 6 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Aug 15, 2014

I mean because you guys work for Sony and actually know how they are doing financially and because you don't read all your news on the Yahoo homepage or anything.

Message 4 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Re: Could Sony turn into a Playstation only company?

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2014

B3GV5M63 wrote:

Now we all know that Sony financial situation is bad. they've dropped downhill in one decade. and it just doesn't look very good for it. the Playstation 3 lost them a lot of money. but the PS4 is making them money now. the playstation brand might be the only thing making them money atm. Sony spinned off their PC business. Sony might not turn into a playstation only company. but there is a good chance for them becoming an entertainment company. you know. Sony pictures and Sony computer entertainment. both are the only good things sony have at the moment and really good companions. because if sony dropped as much as they did before in the next 5-6 years. am afraid we might not see a playstation 5.

Mod Edit: Thread moved. Updated title and added Ask the Community and Debate & Opinion labels. Check here for more information. Thanks!- TwistedTarantula

Why are you even asking this question? They've ALWAYS been an "entertainment company".They've been heavily involved in film, music, and television for DECADES now. They own the rights to the 007 film series, and that makes a TON of money worldwide. And you do realize that Sony Music owns about a 50% stake in the music catalog in a little band you might have heard, called The Beatles.

Just because you're not interested in what they do, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Message 5 of 6 (117 Views)
Last Guardian
12018 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2014
Well vaio is no longer sonys concern they sold that brand from what I heard.
>

Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes