Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/19/2005
Online
1905 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

I skimmed through most of this thread because it's same arguments with nothing new being added. 

For the people claiming Sony is releasing false information about loses, has Apple told you how much an iPhone costs too make? Did Samsung release the same info about the Note 3? No company will tell you how it cost to manufacture their product?

 

I'll leave you with the estimated loses for past and current consoles.

 

PS2 ~$180 per unit

PS3 ~$307 per unit

PS4 ~60 per unit

 

Xbox ~$125 per unit

Xbox 360 ~$126 per unit

Xbox One ~$0 per unit

 

If Sony was charging for online to recoup to loses from the console, than they would've done it with the PS3.


   I've spent the last hour skimming through all posts in the thread as well.  The first time around, it was sort of entertainment, now its

   just getting annoying.... Just two people (who were banned before) pouting about PSN charging, using the same old arguments as

   in the past few months.  

 

   Bottom line is, dont like PS Plus being a requirement for MultiPlayer, dont get the PS4.  No one is forcing you get it.  There is

   nothing you can do to convince SONY to change that.  Its been shown already that the majority of prospective PS4 owners have no

   problems with the Mulitplayer not being free, with the PS4 being sold out on preorders almost everywhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 137 (246 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 11/28/2010
Online
2463 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

Sep 23, 2013

oooaznkid wrote:

 

   Bottom line is, dont like PS Plus being a requirement for MultiPlayer, dont get the PS4.  No one is forcing you get it.  There is

   nothing you can do to convince SONY to change that.  Its been shown already that the majority of prospective PS4 owners have no

   problems with the Mulitplayer not being free, with the PS4 being sold out on preorders almost everywhere.


Their voice is definitely the smaller majority then those who have voiced their opinions about this quite loudly. 

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 137 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/19/2005
Online
1905 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

Sep 23, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

oooaznkid wrote:

 

   Bottom line is, dont like PS Plus being a requirement for MultiPlayer, dont get the PS4.  No one is forcing you get it.  There is

   nothing you can do to convince SONY to change that.  Its been shown already that the majority of prospective PS4 owners have no

   problems with the Mulitplayer not being free, with the PS4 being sold out on preorders almost everywhere.


Their voice is definitely the smaller majority then those who have voiced their opinions about this quite loudly. 


   I dont know if you can call it a (small) majority (even if there is such a thing, lol).. I've seen every one of those threads complaining

   about Multiplayer not being free anymore, and its the same few individuals

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 137 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
7966 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

mgzin66 wrote:

Apparently they will always be those who feel so entitled that they deserve everything for free. 


Sorry but thats a poor choice of words. Why dont you ask Sony where all the money went for the ps3 psn network? Lets not also forget this system has and will be running for a 10 years span. Where did all that money go? Its not like the ps3 has servers or any improvements???

 

You guys kill me, kind of reminds me when people were saying the earth was flat and if you sailed to far you would fall off the planet. Well sir, the fact is sony has made tons of money off the ps3 and psn network. This money didn't go back to the gamer. It didn't improve servers or anything.

 

So how is it fair to give sony more money for nothing? Yeah I said it, nothing. Figure that out...


We're the people that say that you have the tinfoil wrapped too tightly around your head. Despite the "gamer" belief that video games and the people who make them exist soley for the betterment of the community, it is actually a BUSINESS. And in businesss when you provide a service, you have the right to not only ask for payment in return for that service, you also have the right to make a PROFIT from it.

 

Take an Economics 101 course, it will blow your mind!

 

You know side by side the ps3 versus the ps4. There is hardly a huge division between the two consoles. Yet even though the graphics were outdated a ps2 game could outperform anything..SO when your talking business I would leave it like this, just make sure what your willing to spend your money on is truly worth it. I am saying its not!!!!

 

 


 

The PS3 has 256MB of GDDR3 Ram. The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 and you call that not a huge division? Thats just scratching the surface of the difference between these two consoles and if you cant appreciate the difference between what 256MB of RAM offers you as compared to 8GB of RAM then there is no sense in trying to explain anything else if your that computer illiterate. 


Really?? Thats the best you can do... Well bud its like this, how much difference in graphics will there be between the ps3 and ps4? I wasn't disputing the pure computing power of each console. So guess IM not as illiterate as you thought. I was just pointing out that the graphics of games is pretty awesome these days. SO games will look pretty close to each other if side by side with the consoles. Thats the point IM making.

 

 

Sorry I can't convince you that the deal with sony is a bad one. I mean your paying for internet, payed for a tv and the electric that runs, it. Also if you have a surround sound system and perhaps a gaming chair. Add then a console (ps4) and what ever else peripherals that you require to play. Oh and you go buy that new game for 60 dollars which may have cost 5 dollars to put developed game which also was 5 dollars to build onto a disk for gamers to buy. And lets not forget the other 50 dollars of that game which went back to the developer as pure profit.

 

Oh and lets say Sony owned that developer so it means that profit goes to them. Then lets add in that almost 50/year charge for playing some games online with sons servers. Then add in 50 dollars per game times the lets ay a consearvative number of 1 million sold. SO if the development is paid for, and so is the cost for putting game onto a disk. That means the rest goes to the company?

 

So how much profit does sony need? IF they would simply build better products they would sell more of them, does this sound rational? Im sure it does. SO why charge for online when sony actually could keep it free? This has been my whole arguement from the beginning.

 

Yet not one person is asking for this, reason being is because this industry has you already programmed to accept loss and broken and incomplete games. Why ? Why is there bad games?  IF this was a broken tv, car or if your pizza just ordered wasn't to your liking you would immediately ask for it to be redone? Yet this industry you the gamer doesn't do this? Guess we both have something to learn ......


Um Uhh Ohhh?!! Do you realize other companies were doiing this long before Sony even thought bout it. With the new system the other copany you need to pay for there service just to access stuff like netflix which you have too pay monthly for anyways? Please dont give us this pay for this pay for that. Its far worse on the other side of the fence. I at least know with Sony I dont have to pay for PSN to go to Netflix where on the other system I do.


Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 137 (207 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

oooaznkid wrote:
Just two people (who were banned before) pouting about PSN charging, using the same old arguments as in the past few months.  

 


Yep (banned for trolling/flame baiting/spreading misinformation), and the sad thing is people will continue to be baited by these guys for 13+ pages. Let these threads die and don't respond to them, they want people to see their lies and all you do by responding to them is give them their audience.

 

They never give any facts, they say this or that and have no links/quotes to back it up, just opinion.

 

Here's an example for you.

 


uh--oh wrote:


Akirasolid wrote:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/30/sony-detail-gaikai-plans-launching-next-year-in-us-coming-to-...

 

Did not see this coming at all. Wondering how it'll work for the PS3?


Well I gave this some considerable thought and now the new charge for online MP for the ps4 isn't seeming worth it. For if ps3 still has free online MP for its games and now streaming free content from gaikai, why pay for servers for 50 dollars per year?  I think that charge isn't fair or precise for what your getting.

 

(The other so called incentive) Think about it on the ps4 yes you get free games but technically you don't own them. For what ever reason you let membership go those games become inactive. Now the debate is the servers worth the almost 50 dollars a year? This remains to be a quiet question due to Sony lack of information on the matter. Either way why get ps4 if ps3 is going to do the same thing and its free? Food for thought people.


 

"Gaikai free for PS3" Bing search brings up "No" announcements about cost/fees for any of the 3 systems it's announced for. Pure speculation, as details are unknown as to whether it will require a fee for any of the 3 systems it is announced to be on. 

 

But wait... he posted it in the forums without links to interviews or official announcements to back it up. So it must be true.

 

Don't get me started on the other one. Professor Screws Loose. He will provide a link and ignore whole paragraphs that prove him wrong to highlight something that says absolutely nothing to prove his case.

 

I'm done here and won't post anything else in this thread no matter how much these two try to bait me. So don't think me less a man for not responding to any amount of baiting they may try to use by insulting me, because believe me when I say, "I won't think less of you for not responding too these two now or in the future."

 

Peace and Good Gaming, and learn when to fight the good fight and when to just leave it be.

 

Ontopic: I couldn't tell you if this is why Sony is charging for online, because I don't work for Sony. Great topic though. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 137 (206 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3466 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

Sep 23, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

mgzin66 wrote:

Apparently they will always be those who feel so entitled that they deserve everything for free. 


Sorry but thats a poor choice of words. Why dont you ask Sony where all the money went for the ps3 psn network? Lets not also forget this system has and will be running for a 10 years span. Where did all that money go? Its not like the ps3 has servers or any improvements???

 

You guys kill me, kind of reminds me when people were saying the earth was flat and if you sailed to far you would fall off the planet. Well sir, the fact is sony has made tons of money off the ps3 and psn network. This money didn't go back to the gamer. It didn't improve servers or anything.

 

So how is it fair to give sony more money for nothing? Yeah I said it, nothing. Figure that out...


We're the people that say that you have the tinfoil wrapped too tightly around your head. Despite the "gamer" belief that video games and the people who make them exist soley for the betterment of the community, it is actually a BUSINESS. And in businesss when you provide a service, you have the right to not only ask for payment in return for that service, you also have the right to make a PROFIT from it.

 

Take an Economics 101 course, it will blow your mind!

 

You know side by side the ps3 versus the ps4. There is hardly a huge division between the two consoles. Yet even though the graphics were outdated a ps2 game could outperform anything..SO when your talking business I would leave it like this, just make sure what your willing to spend your money on is truly worth it. I am saying its not!!!!

 

 


 

The PS3 has 256MB of GDDR3 Ram. The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 and you call that not a huge division? Thats just scratching the surface of the difference between these two consoles and if you cant appreciate the difference between what 256MB of RAM offers you as compared to 8GB of RAM then there is no sense in trying to explain anything else if your that computer illiterate. 


Really?? Thats the best you can do... Well bud its like this, how much difference in graphics will there be between the ps3 and ps4? I wasn't disputing the pure computing power of each console. So guess IM not as illiterate as you thought. I was just pointing out that the graphics of games is pretty awesome these days. SO games will look pretty close to each other if side by side with the consoles. Thats the point IM making.

 

 

Sorry I can't convince you that the deal with sony is a bad one. I mean your paying for internet, payed for a tv and the electric that runs, it. Also if you have a surround sound system and perhaps a gaming chair. Add then a console (ps4) and what ever else peripherals that you require to play. Oh and you go buy that new game for 60 dollars which may have cost 5 dollars to put developed game which also was 5 dollars to build onto a disk for gamers to buy. And lets not forget the other 50 dollars of that game which went back to the developer as pure profit.

 

Oh and lets say Sony owned that developer so it means that profit goes to them. Then lets add in that almost 50/year charge for playing some games online with sons servers. Then add in 50 dollars per game times the lets ay a consearvative number of 1 million sold. SO if the development is paid for, and so is the cost for putting game onto a disk. That means the rest goes to the company?

 

So how much profit does sony need? IF they would simply build better products they would sell more of them, does this sound rational? Im sure it does. SO why charge for online when sony actually could keep it free? This has been my whole arguement from the beginning.

 

Yet not one person is asking for this, reason being is because this industry has you already programmed to accept loss and broken and incomplete games. Why ? Why is there bad games?  IF this was a broken tv, car or if your pizza just ordered wasn't to your liking you would immediately ask for it to be redone? Yet this industry you the gamer doesn't do this? Guess we both have something to learn ......


Um Uhh Ohhh?!! Do you realize other companies were doiing this long before Sony even thought bout it. With the new system the other copany you need to pay for there service just to access stuff like netflix which you have too pay monthly for anyways? Please dont give us this pay for this pay for that. Its far worse on the other side of the fence. I at least know with Sony I dont have to pay for PSN to go to Netflix where on the other system I do.


All I can say is wow. You avoided every inch of my post. LOL Well sir nice of you to miss the point completely. I will make this easy for you. These companies as you put it can only get away with it if "YOU" let them. Get enough people who are all in agreement and then you can make a difference. Which means you don't have to accept how sony is doing things. Just look how the community has changed xbox when they went dictator on them. They made a difference!!

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 137 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
7966 posts
 

Re: Could this be the reason Sony is charging for online?

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

mgzin66 wrote:

Apparently they will always be those who feel so entitled that they deserve everything for free. 


Sorry but thats a poor choice of words. Why dont you ask Sony where all the money went for the ps3 psn network? Lets not also forget this system has and will be running for a 10 years span. Where did all that money go? Its not like the ps3 has servers or any improvements???

 

You guys kill me, kind of reminds me when people were saying the earth was flat and if you sailed to far you would fall off the planet. Well sir, the fact is sony has made tons of money off the ps3 and psn network. This money didn't go back to the gamer. It didn't improve servers or anything.

 

So how is it fair to give sony more money for nothing? Yeah I said it, nothing. Figure that out...


We're the people that say that you have the tinfoil wrapped too tightly around your head. Despite the "gamer" belief that video games and the people who make them exist soley for the betterment of the community, it is actually a BUSINESS. And in businesss when you provide a service, you have the right to not only ask for payment in return for that service, you also have the right to make a PROFIT from it.

 

Take an Economics 101 course, it will blow your mind!

 

You know side by side the ps3 versus the ps4. There is hardly a huge division between the two consoles. Yet even though the graphics were outdated a ps2 game could outperform anything..SO when your talking business I would leave it like this, just make sure what your willing to spend your money on is truly worth it. I am saying its not!!!!

 

 


 

The PS3 has 256MB of GDDR3 Ram. The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 and you call that not a huge division? Thats just scratching the surface of the difference between these two consoles and if you cant appreciate the difference between what 256MB of RAM offers you as compared to 8GB of RAM then there is no sense in trying to explain anything else if your that computer illiterate. 


Really?? Thats the best you can do... Well bud its like this, how much difference in graphics will there be between the ps3 and ps4? I wasn't disputing the pure computing power of each console. So guess IM not as illiterate as you thought. I was just pointing out that the graphics of games is pretty awesome these days. SO games will look pretty close to each other if side by side with the consoles. Thats the point IM making.

 

 

Sorry I can't convince you that the deal with sony is a bad one. I mean your paying for internet, payed for a tv and the electric that runs, it. Also if you have a surround sound system and perhaps a gaming chair. Add then a console (ps4) and what ever else peripherals that you require to play. Oh and you go buy that new game for 60 dollars which may have cost 5 dollars to put developed game which also was 5 dollars to build onto a disk for gamers to buy. And lets not forget the other 50 dollars of that game which went back to the developer as pure profit.

 

Oh and lets say Sony owned that developer so it means that profit goes to them. Then lets add in that almost 50/year charge for playing some games online with sons servers. Then add in 50 dollars per game times the lets ay a consearvative number of 1 million sold. SO if the development is paid for, and so is the cost for putting game onto a disk. That means the rest goes to the company?

 

So how much profit does sony need? IF they would simply build better products they would sell more of them, does this sound rational? Im sure it does. SO why charge for online when sony actually could keep it free? This has been my whole arguement from the beginning.

 

Yet not one person is asking for this, reason being is because this industry has you already programmed to accept loss and broken and incomplete games. Why ? Why is there bad games?  IF this was a broken tv, car or if your pizza just ordered wasn't to your liking you would immediately ask for it to be redone? Yet this industry you the gamer doesn't do this? Guess we both have something to learn ......


Um Uhh Ohhh?!! Do you realize other companies were doiing this long before Sony even thought bout it. With the new system the other copany you need to pay for there service just to access stuff like netflix which you have too pay monthly for anyways? Please dont give us this pay for this pay for that. Its far worse on the other side of the fence. I at least know with Sony I dont have to pay for PSN to go to Netflix where on the other system I do.


All I can say is wow. You avoided every inch of my post. LOL Well sir nice of you to miss the point completely. I will make this easy for you. These companies as you put it can only get away with it if "YOU" let them. Get enough people who are all in agreement and then you can make a difference. Which means you don't have to accept how sony is doing things. Just look how the community has changed xbox when they went dictator on them. They made a difference!!


How do we stop it?! What not buing there products. Thats about it. I have no problem in spending money on things I want and like. what you  may thiink is a problem is your opinion. I do not have to follow or listen to it. Face it your saying not to buy anything at all via Sony.  Why are you even on these boards. Just to keep telling us not to do this and not to do that cause you think its wrong or have something against  Sony. Well Im an an adult. I can make my own decisions. I have already and I also choose to ignore what I see here from your posts. Your point is to not to buy anything Sony related. Well Face it I AM!. Also tired of seeing your trolling posts about it.


Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 137 (176 Views)