Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: Cross Buy Details (Rumor)

Nov 18, 2012
Buying PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale on PS3 will grant you a free Vita copy, Sony announced today. Other games benefiting from the program include Sly Cooper Collection and Ratchet & Clank: Qforce. The initiative is called "Cross Buy" and can only be seen as wonderful news.

It's essentially the same thing seen for recent PSN games like Sound Shapes, but now for retail games. And with a name! Ok so if they give you a redeem code you will download it for one time only so you cant sell the code unless still Active. And if its only downloadable from disc that means its only digital content which means you lose out on valuable space. So the most ideal way for cross buy to work is. If you Buy the physical copy u get the psvita physical copy free. If you Buy digital copy you get psvita digital copy free. what are you not seeing here.
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 112 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Apparently you were a little behind the 8-ball, because it seems you are just realizing the details about the Cross-Buy program for retail PS3 games now. 

I agree with everything you stated. It would be ideal if you got a physical version of the Vita game along with the PS3 one.

However it is far more cost effective for Sony to give out a digital Vita version because not every PS3 owner owns a Vita, and it is far cheaper way for Sony to give away free Vita copies without the expense of packing in Vita game cards in with each PS3 copy. Hopefully you understand that...

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 112 (117 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11323 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Ideal, yes. The way it's going to actually work, no.

There will be no physical free copy of the Vita version. Regardless of how ideal it might seem
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 112 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i just showed / explained to him  how that is going to work and   then a   poster showed you the exact same thing i told/showed him. Its tied to one account. No matter how you do it

He was just assuming  some one could sell the code.. I told him that is not possible.   Sony is not stupid. they knows  all the loop holes before they put a product out that just standard precudure in  product building ( saftery of the product and consumer). Why do you think they made us buy both  copies at 1st  so they  co exist or sync..

The only code you can sell is a  online pass for a game,a digital game code or content,  and that is becuase of game stop mostly. Period.

If  you do get a online pass  with the game, they are  making it so   in order for the game to start you have to put in the  code Off line. . . if  it doesnt have a code in the box then its on the disc automated and you  couldnt share it. I think this will be the same rule with cross buy

Further more i dont  care how they restrict in the name of saftey. ALL i care abut is  a good product. why are you worried about how they restrict any way. Btw??

You can't accurately explain something that has yet to be released to the public, but that is exactly what you keep trying to do. Again, read the first post in this thread, that is the topic, not what you keep talking about...

Accurately explain , where have you been the  last 5 months  to 6mths  within the matter..  Sony explained how it going to  work ., they have put in motion differ ways of  how it going to work. Why are you debating how  it going to work.

Whats to be in denial about?  You worried how they restrict,? Let be realistic here they are going to restrict regardless.   It not new  a world wonder that they will be doing. Nothing to be surprised about.?  Gee whiz man. you put others  down about not knowing what going on  and being inthe twight light zone.  You  look outside and  see what going in the day light zone, Im not being rude, but what talking about has been in motoin for about 5-6 mths. 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 112 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 18, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i just showed / explained to him  how that is going to work and   then a   poster showed you the exact same thing i told/showed him. Its tied to one account. No matter how you do it

He was just assuming  some one could sell the code.. I told him that is not possible.   Sony is not stupid. they knows  all the loop holes before they put a product out that just standard precudure in  product building ( saftery of the product and consumer). Why do you think they made us buy both  copies at 1st  so they  co exist or sync..

The only code you can sell is a  online pass for a game,a digital game code or content,  and that is becuase of game stop mostly. Period.

If  you do get a online pass  with the game, they are  making it so   in order for the game to start you have to put in the  code Off line. . . if  it doesnt have a code in the box then its on the disc automated and you  couldnt share it. I think this will be the same rule with cross buy

Further more i dont  care how they restrict in the name of saftey. ALL i care abut is  a good product. why are you worried about how they restrict any way. Btw??

You can't accurately explain something that has yet to be released to the public, but that is exactly what you keep trying to do. Again, read the first post in this thread, that is the topic, not what you keep talking about...

Accurately explain , where have you been the  last 5 months  to 6mths  within the matter..  Sony explained how it going to  work ., they have put in motion differ ways of  how it going to work. Why are you debating how  it going to work.

Whats to be in denial about?  You worried how they restrict,? Let be realistic here they are going to restrict regardless.   It not new  a world wonder that they will be doing. Nothing to be surprised about.?  Gee whiz man. you put others  down about not knowing what going on  and being inthe twight light zone.  You  look outside and  see what going in the day light zone, Im not being rude, but what talking about has been in motoin for about 5-6 mths. 

Again the communication problem continues...:smileyfrustrated: 

As I stated in the OP, there was no official statement from Sony on how Cross-Buy was going to work on a PS3 retail game. That is what this thread has been about from the beginning. Many assumed it would be a voucher packed inside with a code on it, but I was told it does not require it.

As far as how this is restricted, I was just curious about it. I just didn't want it to be exploited too much that Sony would discontinue it in the future.

Before I started this thread it was not really known how Cross Buy would work, you seem to think otherwise. If you think Sony announced it well before I started this thread, then you should have no problem providing a link proving your beliefs...

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 112 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

As I stated in the OP, there was no official statement from Sony on how Cross-Buy was going to work on a PS3 retail game. That is what this thread has been about from the beginning. Many assumed it would be a voucher packed inside with a code on it, but I was told it does not require it.

As far as how this is restricted, I was just curious about it. I just didn't want it to be exploited too much that Sony would discontinue it in the future.

Before I started this thread it was not really known how Cross Buy would work, you seem to think otherwise. If you think Sony announced it well before I started this thread, then you should have no problem providing a link proving your beliefs...

Every things  needs a link in your world  Huh,,  :/  . Do  you ever watch the e3 and  expos sony goes to. read the magazine interviews they do?   The vita was made for  ps3 and vita play together on the go, which is the most   popluar function theyre  promotiong.

Its doesnt take  rocket science or  a link anything to figure it out, sony has said  out of there  own mouth the expectation for  ps vita and pa3 and games are to be.   Now your  asking  me to  provide a  link on cross buy games??..  Cross buy has been out for 5-6mths man. Thers is nothing to specutlate on how it works,  Just buy a game find out.. Its quite simple to do. The ps blog has explain how it works, sny has explained how it works., many gaming expos they  have explained how it works. If  your nt sure an none can concince you other wise.. Buy a cross buy game and then come back and  make your  points. the best way to know is hand on.

Not being rude..

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 112 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Every things  needs a link in your world  Huh,,  :/  . Do  you ever watch the e3 and  expos sony goes to. read the magazine interviews they do?   The vita was made for  ps3 and vita play together on the go, which is the most   popluar function theyre  promotiong.

Its doesnt take  rocket science or  a link anything to figure it out, sony has said  out of there  own mouth the expectation for  ps vita and pa3 and games are to be.   Now your  asking  me to  provide a  link on cross buy games??..  Cross buy has been out for 5-6mths man. Thers is nothing to specutlate on how it works,  Just buy a game find out.. Its quite simple to do. The ps blog has explain how it works, sny has explained how it works., many gaming expos they  have explained how it works. If  your nt sure an none can concince you other wise.. Buy a cross buy game and then come back and  make your  points. the best way to know is hand on.

Not being rude..

Once again you aren't understanding what this thread has been about at all. You are talking all around the subject instead of addressing it directly. Based on your prior responses, you just pick an irrelevant point and continue to talk about it over and over without making a real point at all.

I really shouldn't be surprised since you had stated to someone that English is your third language, and your responces indicate such a basic lack of understanding of what is being said here, and this has explained your odd responses all along. How can you expect to ever communicate effectively in this forum, when you obviously don't have a basic mastery of the English language? 

While you may THINK I don't know what I am talking about, I do KNOW you don't know what you are talking about. Every response you make solidifies this fact. Providing a link is a simple and fast thing we do on this fourm to help prove a point, and you are unable to do even that...

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 112 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11323 posts

Nov 19, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Not being rude..

You do realize, that the UPCOMING retail cross buy games are working differently, right?

Pay attention more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 112 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Not being rude..

You do realize, that the UPCOMING retail cross buy games are working differently, right?

Pay attention more.

IMO he isn't capable of understanding or realizing this, he just wants to believe what he wants.

Mcbuttz actually believes that when someone changes his own hard drive in the PS3, the warranty is voided! Even when presented with links on this site stating otherwise, he simply refuses to beleive it. He is clearly delusional, and this is just one example of the wacky things he states.

He really needs to seek some help....

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 112 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Not being rude..

Pay attention more.

can read my statement of befre there 2 ways it wilbe working.. I have stated that. if your will accpet what i say ratther then be 100% right.. There  is  no  Im right or   your wrong with me ..  Everyone  wants proof.. what proof do you need? what to speculate.. last -56 months in enought prooff of how they are doing it .  gee whiz..

I said before there is more than one to  do cross-buy go read, not every game with both on pcv /ps3 is doing it the same exact way.  i cannt make that more clear to understand.

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 112 (54 Views)
0 Likes