Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: CurtisC87 Lombax Warrior 161 posts
Accepted Solution

Custom Music?

6 replies 257 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

Why is it that I can not find many games that allow custom music from my hard drive that should be able to? I heard when the PS3 was released they did not put in a feature that would allow this for games.

Message 1 of 7 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6093 posts

Re: Custom Music?

Apr 14, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

Why is it that I can not find many games that allow custom music from my hard drive that should be able to? I heard when the PS3 was released they did not put in a feature that would allow this for games.

There are 128 PlayStation 3 (Blu-Ray) Video Games that have custom soundtrack and 99 PlayStation Network (Downloadable) Video Games that have custom soundtrack. Here is a link to a thread that list the games that have custom soundtrack.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-PSN-Games-with-Custom-Soundtracks/td-...

tumblr_mal01xhJ7C1rrk80lo1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 2 of 7 (252 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25201 posts

Apr 14, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

Because Sony left it up to the individual developers, and with the limited RAM it would take up resources that could be used for the game.

Message 3 of 7 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 14, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

when the ps3 was first released we couldnt even use in-game XMB let alone custom music these things didnt come til later on down the road

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks. All of your comments have been helpful.
Message 5 of 7 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Apr 15, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

CurtisC87 wrote:

There are 128 PlayStation 3 (Blu-Ray) Video Games that have custom soundtrack and 99 PlayStation Network (Downloadable) Video Games that have custom soundtrack. Here is a link to a thread that list the games that have custom soundtrack.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-PSN-Games-with-Custom-Soundtracks/td-...

tumblr_mal01xhJ7C1rrk80lo1_500.gif

Best post ever!  

I love in game music and that thread is great!

Message 6 of 7 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9941 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Do yourself a favor and buy the Astro Mixamp and a pair if Sennheiser headphones. You can play all the music you want to while gaming from your cell phone or MP3 player.
Message 7 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes