Mar 15 2013
By: SOUTH-BOSTON-61 First Son 15 posts

DIGITAL OR DISC ??

32 replies 249 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

Should I download a game off the playstation store or go out and buy the disc . There both the same price , which one is better and why ?? Thank for any input ...

Message 1 of 33 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Re: DIGITAL OR DISC ??

Mar 15, 2013
You can re-sell the disc. If you have no intention to re-sell then its really a toss up. Most of my games are digital, but I also have good Internet so a 10 GB game takes about an hour, hour and a half.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 2 of 33 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I would go with the disc. You can save HDD space for PSN games!

Message 3 of 33 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Mar 15, 2013
physical. only reason for digital is if cheaper or disc drive isnt working
Message 4 of 33 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I would say, unless you are getting a fabulous discount deal for buying it for download, always defer to the disc.

A hard copy of anything, ensures you will be less likely to suffer a loss, should anything Network or system related occur.  Keep in mind, anything you download is tied to you PSN ID, and by default, the machine you are on.

A hard copy can be cart and carry at any time.

Just my thoughts on it.

Moble

LOVE THE SIG BTW! KUDOS.

Message 5 of 33 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 15, 2013

As far as wear and tear on the ps3 wouldn't it be better to go digital ??

Message 6 of 33 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 15, 2013

SOUTH-BOSTON-61 wrote:

As far as wear and tear on the ps3 wouldn't it be better to go digital ??

That is valid.  Again, the only dangers of download, are the potential for loss.  Although the backup system is pretty good now, in the even of a system crash.

I am just old fashion I guess.  If I pay $30-$60 I kind of want something to show for it in my hand.  Just the way I am.

South B eh?  This isn't Wiggy is it?Smiley LOL

Although I don't live their now, I hail from Foxborough.  Not the rough environment of Southie, but on the outskirts of Bean Town at least.  Its OK, you can laugh at my suburban upbringing.Smiley Wink

Dropkicks are playing the Garden tonight.  I used to see those guys at Bills Bar and other small venues.  Guess they have got themselves attention through Red Sox and B's.  Not sure if they'd still play SH though.  McColgan had more rough edges and darker influences.  I think he felt the band getting "soft" when he left.  Oh well.  Sorry, way off topic.

I still like the discs, despite the wear and tear.

Moble

Message 7 of 33 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Digital loads faster, doesn't take up any shelf space, is able to be deleted at any time and downloaded again whenever you want, won't get scratched or damaged, and yes for wear and tear digital will have a lower impact on your system (no disc insertion or ejection problems (if not a super slim), no worrying about your laser dieing, etc).
My PSN
Message 8 of 33 (218 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Mar 15, 2013

No it's not wiggy. Anyways I''ll probably get the digital I'll be playing it alot and if I was to get the disc that means it would be spinning forever . Big parade in southie sunday won't be playing to much that day . If there's any reason why I shouldn't download off the store please let me know . The game won't be available until the 26th thanks ...

Message 9 of 33 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I always go with the physical option if available. I like to see my collection growing on a shelf, instead of in a folder on my ps3. Plus you can resale games in disc format. Only thing I like about digital games is the convenience. 

Message 10 of 33 (203 Views)
0 Likes