First Son
27 posts

Re: DIRECTED TOWARDS SONY!!! Vita/PS3 Users please join in

Jan 31, 2013

I totally agree with you. I really enjoy hanging out in my living room and playing on my Vita or PSP. But the lack of what I consider good games for the Vita and the fact that the Remote Play is, at this point, useless is very frustrating!

When I saw the demo of Killzone 3 being played remotely on the Vita my imagination started running wild. I figured hey, even if there aren't a ton of games at first for the Vita I can still use the Remote Play to play my other favorite Playstaion games...and we all know how that story ended...

If Sony doesn't fix this soon and/or come out with better games it's basically going to be a paper weight.

As it stands right now I play my PSP more than I play the Vita. Sure I can download PSP games for the Vita (which I've done) but they look all pixelated. So, I continue to play them on my PSP. Also, for games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker there isn't any support in the form of trophies for it. I've been playing MGS PW again on my PSP then transfarring it back into the PS3 to get the trophies.

I just don't understand a lot of the moves Sony is making. It's almost as if they made this awesome piece of hardware only so they could watch it fail...

The games I'm looking forward to right now are Soul Sacrifice in March and Killzone Mercenary in SEPTEMBER...

Message 21 of 69 (240 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3296 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I would love to see Flower and Journey playable on the Vita.

Message 22 of 69 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

DREAD-SHOCK wrote:

I totally agree with you. I really enjoy hanging out in my living room and playing on my Vita or PSP. But the lack of what I consider good games for the Vita and the fact that the Remote Play is, at this point, useless is very frustrating!

When I saw the demo of Killzone 3 being played remotely on the Vita my imagination started running wild. I figured hey, even if there aren't a ton of games at first for the Vita I can still use the Remote Play to play my other favorite Playstaion games...and we all know how that story ended...

If Sony doesn't fix this soon and/or come out with better games it's basically going to be a paper weight.

As it stands right now I play my PSP more than I play the Vita. Sure I can download PSP games for the Vita (which I've done) but they look all pixelated. So, I continue to play them on my PSP. Also, for games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker there isn't any support in the form of trophies for it. I've been playing MGS PW again on my PSP then transfarring it back into the PS3 to get the trophies.

I just don't understand a lot of the moves Sony is making. It's almost as if they made this awesome piece of hardware only so they could watch it fail...

The games I'm looking forward to right now are Soul Sacrifice in March and Killzone Mercenary in SEPTEMBER...

Yeah,and waiting till Sept. 17th to see how good or bad Killzone really is REALLY SUCKS too.

Why the Hell do we have to wait over 7 months time and pray someone doesn't release a gimped game like we received with Resistance: Burning Skies again for Vita?Why wasn't it good like Sony Bend made Resistance: Retribution?Hell,why didn't Sony Bend make R:BS in the first place?!?!Why was Nihilistic chosen to do it?That's like not having big Big do a Motorstorm game or sequel,it doesn't work!WOW,they made Little Deviants instead.So what?Little Deviants was mediocre or fair even.It was not the nice title Motorstorm: Arctic Edge was on PSP from them.Stupid stuff.Why change devs around from a game they're good at doing to another title?

I'm betting that come Sept. 17th Killzone will be a piece of crap and another Vita disappointment that we staked all our hopes on.....Will it happen?We shall see.IF Vita lives that long for us all to reget the wait.Smiley Frustrated

Will we all just receive a game like we got in MAG here?It sounded truly great in preview and all,didn't it?What did we get?A bomb and a dud!

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 69 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Why is there a discrepancy between PSN games on the PS3 and PSN games on the Vita?  Aren't they all PSN games?  I think really ALL PSN games should be available for both systems and unify the Store.  Kinda like how apple does with the iPad and iPhone and the appstore.  It's like... why would they be classified as PSN games if the games available are only for 1 system?  Shouldn't PSN games that only work for the PS3 just be called PS3 games? 

Also, remote play really needs to be pressured on developers.  I understand that people complain about the lagginess of RP, but I've only found slight lag when I'm out of the house on a public wifi network; however, PRIVATE REMOTE PLAY is flawless and I actually find myself playing the available RP games on my vita more than my PS3 (specifically ps1 games that are availble already on PS3 but not Vita). 

It's a feature that was showcased as one of the major selling points.  I'm not saying Sony promised us this, but, at the same time, if it wasn't something they wanted to do... why would they debut the Remote Play Killzone demo right off the bat?? 

It would really be nice to be able to play my PS3 games when I'm not at my PS3, especially right now my since my PS3 is at my girlfriends apartment and I'm not there all the time.  Or even access the new PS Store to download games while im not there??  Since the PS Store updated, Remote Play does not access the store anymore.  Even if all the games don't work, this should be able to at least.  It was great being able to log in to the PS Store and download a game on my PS3 and having it already installed, or waiting to be installed when i got home.  Can't do this anymore.  

Message 24 of 69 (229 Views)
MVP Support
12895 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Well, PSN games were called that long before the Vita came out. Plus, they'd have to port all of them to the Vita s format. And not all apps on iPad are available for iPhone (or vice versa).

The reason they showed remote play was simply to demonstrate the sheer power it had. Since there was no ready game to show off the limits of the system, they had to go about it another way
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 69 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

Smiley MadWhy is there a discrepancy between PSN games on the PS3 and PSN games on the Vita?  Aren't they all PSN games?  I think really ALL PSN games should be available for both systems and unify the Store.  Kinda like how apple does with the iPad and iPhone and the appstore.  It's like... why would they be classified as PSN games if the games available are only for 1 system?  Shouldn't PSN games that only work for the PS3 just be called PS3 games? 

Also, remote play really needs to be pressured on developers.  I understand that people complain about the lagginess of RP, but I've only found slight lag when I'm out of the house on a public wifi network; however, PRIVATE REMOTE PLAY is flawless and I actually find myself playing the available RP games on my vita more than my PS3 (specifically ps1 games that are availble already on PS3 but not Vita). 

It's a feature that was showcased as one of the major selling points.  I'm not saying Sony promised us this, but, at the same time, if it wasn't something they wanted to do... why would they debut the Remote Play Killzone demo right off the bat?? 

It would really be nice to be able to play my PS3 games when I'm not at my PS3, especially right now my since my PS3 is at my girlfriends apartment and I'm not there all the time.  Or even access the new PS Store to download games while im not there??  Since the PS Store updated, Remote Play does not access the store anymore.  Even if all the games don't work, this should be able to at least.  It was great being able to log in to the PS Store and download a game on my PS3 and having it already installed, or waiting to be installed when i got home.  Can't do this anymore.  

I'll 2nd that!

The PS Store Is still screwed up in some ways.All PS3 stuff should available for Vita download,I think.Isn't the Vita a PS3 handheld?That is like the PSP was claimed to  be a portable version of the PS2 back at and before it's launch.Where are all the PSP games for Vita I'd like to download for my Vita?Better yet.How about me being able use my library of PSP games (very large one too Smiley Wink) by tranfer from my PSP to my Vita?That was supposed to happen,you killed that too!What happened to that??Why no backwards compaibilty with PSP?You can download PSP games from PSN to Vita,can't you?Wouldn't it only make sense to let me use the games I already have as a bonus to owning a Vita?Guess not. Smiley Mad   More of Sony screwing over it's user base and the consumer. Smiley Mad

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 69 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I'm not a MS fan boy, but I feel like the Live Marketplace is much more intuitive than the PS store. Being able to access the Marketplace from an array of devices is really nice. And with the introduction to Glass, that is going to be very innovative.

The one thing going for the PS is the PS+ deals. But Sony really needs to sit down with developers and discuss a way to get every PSN title from here on out to be compatible with the Ps3 and Vita.
Message 27 of 69 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12895 posts

Jan 31, 2013

psvitagamer2012 wrote:

OptimusC wrote:

Smiley MadWhy is there a discrepancy between PSN games on the PS3 and PSN games on the Vita?  Aren't they all PSN games?  I think really ALL PSN games should be available for both systems and unify the Store.  Kinda like how apple does with the iPad and iPhone and the appstore.  It's like... why would they be classified as PSN games if the games available are only for 1 system?  Shouldn't PSN games that only work for the PS3 just be called PS3 games? 

I'll 2nd that!

The PS Store Is still screwed up in some ways.All PS3 stuff should available for Vita download,I think.Isn't the Vita a PS3 handheld?That is like the PSP was claimed to  be a portable version of the PS2 back at and before it's launch.Where are all the PSP games for Vita I'd like to download for my Vita?Better yet.How about me being able use my library of PSP games (very large one too Smiley Wink) by tranfer from my PSP to my Vita?That was supposed to happen,you killed that too!What happened to that??Why no backwards compaibilty with PSP?You can download PSP games from PSN to Vita,can't you?Wouldn't it only make sense to let me use the games I already have as a bonus to onwing a Vita?Guess not. Smiley Mad   More of Sony screwing over it's user base and the consumer. Smiley Mad

No, it's not. That's a common misconception. Otherwise it'd be the PS3P.

And it's not considered screwing the customer, if it was quite plain that it wasn't happening before you bought the system.

The ability to transfer UMD games to digital format was never promised or even announced for the US region (or anywhere outside of Japan for that matter)

If you want to play PSP games, you download the ones on the store. Can't find it? Too bad.

And it's not like making PS3 content compatible with the Vita is as simple as "Oh, we'll just click this button here and now Vita users can download it". It takes EFFORT and MONEY.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 69 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hey guys, I absolutely appreciate the feedback on this thread.

I'd love to hear more about your opinions on which games would be ideal if we brought PS3/PSN titles to the Vita.  Also, anything more you want to share about Cross- functionality, we're all ears!

Thanks for this thread!

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hey guys, I absolutely appreciate the feedback on this thread.

I'd love to hear more about your opinions on which games would be ideal if we brought PS3/PSN titles to the Vita.  Also, anything more you want to share about Cross- functionality, we're all ears!

Thanks for this thread!

Really
Really???

Message 29 of 69 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

psvitagamer2012 wrote:

OptimusC wrote:

I'll 2nd that!

The PS Store Is still screwed up in some ways.All PS3 stuff should available for Vita download,I think.Isn't the Vita a PS3 handheld?That is like the PSP was claimed to  be a portable version of the PS2 back at and before it's launch.Where are all the PSP games for Vita I'd like to download for my Vita?Better yet.How about me being able use my library of PSP games (very large one too Smiley Wink) by tranfer from my PSP to my Vita?That was supposed to happen,you killed that too!What happened to that??Why no backwards compaibilty with PSP?You can download PSP games from PSN to Vita,can't you?Wouldn't it only make sense to let me use the games I already have as a bonus to onwing a Vita?Guess not. Smiley Mad   More of Sony screwing over it's user base and the consumer. Smiley Mad

No, it's not. That's a common misconception. Otherwise it'd be the PS3P.

And it's not considered screwing the customer, if it was quite plain that it wasn't happening before you bought the system.

The ability to transfer UMD games to digital format was never promised or even announced for the US region (or anywhere outside of Japan for that matter)

If you want to play PSP games, you download the ones on the store. Can't find it? Too bad.

And it's not like making PS3 content compatible with the Vita is as simple as "Oh, we'll just click this button here and now Vita users can download it". It takes EFFORT and MONEY.

Yeah,I've been on the PS Store since the earlier PSP days,thank you.Smiley Wink

Just not much for PSP there Smiley LOL  Where is my HUGE library of games to DL at?Makes you wonder,doesn't it?And Sony is better

connected to the devs than I am! Smiley LOL

Oh,and the same can be said for the stores out there and PSN for NEW PSVITA software.Where are the new softs at??It is almost a year since launch and where are we at now?Killzone coming (hopefully) on Sept. 17th.What's up with all that waiting?Here's hoping we

don't get another MAG dud for Vita like PS3 got. Smiley Wink  We shall see,won't we?Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 69 (196 Views)
0 Likes