Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Re: DOA5 Dead or Alive 5: What do you think of it??

Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, 50 for Tina, 100 for Christie, 200 for Lisa if I'm correct. Which I'm really not up for honestly Smiley Indifferent

I got Tina's last night using Ryu (7K spamming pretty much with proper distancing and some holds/counters mixed in). Had to do it two times though. First time, made it there and got screwed by Tina when she had a sliver of health and then I went back at it right after and beat her.

Might go for Christie's next since she's the next easiest (Time Attack on Legend). Gonna use Ryu again. Lisa is another story =\

Message 21 of 56 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I was surprised at the new entries in doa5. I like ayane's moves but I do miss some of the old ones. Some characters in my opinion are a little cheaper than usual. Some are good, some are just rediculous (I.e. Christie) I think Sarah is the best outta VF than the others. Overall, the game has extended the title of entertainment and that's what I hoped for. But everything has its pros and cons. 4.9/5 Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 56 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Feb 22, 2013

SENIORS_2010 wrote:
I was surprised at the new entries in doa5. I like ayane's moves but I do miss some of the old ones. Some characters in my opinion are a little cheaper than usual. Some are good, some are just rediculous (I.e. Christie) I think Sarah is the best outta VF than the others. Overall, the game has extended the title of entertainment and that's what I hoped for. But everything has its pros and cons. 4.9/5 Smiley Happy

I still hate fighting the Ninjas in this game, always have.  Some other characters, probably me just needing to get things down, I just hate fighting cause I can't gauge high/mid hits right to Hold (Mila is one, Sarah is another) and then there are people like Brad Wong who I just flat out hate Smiley Indifferent  I actually hate running into Sarah cause when she gets a combo going, because of the above, I end up getting punished.  I also forget that with Tina, I believe her Hold for kicks is 6H but I always end up going with 4H which is for punches.  Silly me, I know.  Still hate fighting VF characters though =\  Pai is the least troublesome of the bunch for me.

Message 23 of 56 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I hate DOA5 with a pasion. Of course...it may have just been that I got done playing TekkenTag2 the best 3D fighter to date, before playing it. We'll never know...but i'm failry certain DOA just sucks.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 24 of 56 (344 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 22, 2013

its a good game

Message 25 of 56 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Yeah, 50 for Tina, 100 for Christie, 200 for Lisa if I'm correct. Which I'm really not up for honestly Smiley Indifferent

I got Tina's last night using Ryu (7K spamming pretty much with proper distancing and some holds/counters mixed in). Had to do it two times though. First time, made it there and got screwed by Tina when she had a sliver of health and then I went back at it right after and beat her.

Might go for Christie's next since she's the next easiest (Time Attack on Legend). Gonna use Ryu again. Lisa is another story =\

Congrats on getting Tina's bikini. I just got it a couple days ago myself by completing the requirement of playing 50 Rank matches. I just stopped trying to beat Arcade, Time Attack, and Survival on Legend mode. Too difficult for me. I'm one of those people that like to unlock everything in a game so when I found out that there was a way to unlock content by playing Ranked matches, I jumped at this chance. Once I started, I realised that there are few people playing Ranked matches. I had to set the filter for 'ANY' connection so that I can get matches. Now I mostly get matches with one bar internet connection which effects gameplay. I'm a beginner but even I can tell when there's an input delay. I don't mind when I lose to a better player but to lose because of the delay is so frustrating. Also I live in the USA (east coast) and usually find matches on the weekends. Weekdays and weeknights are dead so it is going to take me a while. It's gotten to the point where once I get a match I might as well let the opponent kick my butt and find the next one. I can't really tell if I'm improving because of the input delay. Thank God I got Alpha-152 by earning 300 titles. After I get enough Rank matches for Christie's and Lisa's bikinis, I'll just switch to Simple or Lobby matches. That's where I'll really learn how to play since I can pick better internet connections for matches. I love the game but this online experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 56 (352 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 25, 2013
@enersight69. I sent U a PM.
Message 27 of 56 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Feb 26, 2013

enersight69 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Congrats on getting Tina's bikini. I just got it a couple days ago myself by completing the requirement of playing 50 Rank matches. I just stopped trying to beat Arcade, Time Attack, and Survival on Legend mode. Too difficult for me. I'm one of those people that like to unlock everything in a game so when I found out that there was a way to unlock content by playing Ranked matches, I jumped at this chance. Once I started, I realised that there are few people playing Ranked matches. I had to set the filter for 'ANY' connection so that I can get matches. Now I mostly get matches with one bar internet connection which effects gameplay. I'm a beginner but even I can tell when there's an input delay. I don't mind when I lose to a better player but to lose because of the delay is so frustrating. Also I live in the USA (east coast) and usually find matches on the weekends. Weekdays and weeknights are dead so it is going to take me a while. It's gotten to the point where once I get a match I might as well let the opponent kick my butt and find the next one. I can't really tell if I'm improving because of the input delay. Thank God I got Alpha-152 by earning 300 titles. After I get enough Rank matches for Christie's and Lisa's bikinis, I'll just switch to Simple or Lobby matches. That's where I'll really learn how to play since I can pick better internet connections for matches. I love the game but this online experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll probably start playing again this week.  Took some time off.  Hopefully I can get Alpha soon enough and then work towards Christie's last costume.  I might be doing the 200 matches though for Lisa's last.

I understand what you mean about running into just people with 1 bar in connection.  That seems to be all I run into and I have it set to 'Any' as well.  Only solace I have in losing due to lag is that it's one more match down, some 150+ to go Smiley Indifferent  I like that they added some alternative methods to get the costumes but I'm still bitter about what they did to Survival mode Smiley Very Happy  I used to spend hours in DOA3/DOAU just playing Survival and picking up the items or trying to collect them all.  Would have preferred that approach for DOA5 (50 for Tina, 75 for Christie, 100 for Lisa and the blow is lessened with health item drops throughout).

I've been thinking about maybe getting a tournament or something going for the forum but that depends on interest =\

Message 28 of 56 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

...I've been thinking about maybe getting a tournament or something going for the forum but that depends on interest =\

I'd be interested,  but the lousy online with this game is the big problem.  The random glitchyness just about kills any enjoyment.  

Message 29 of 56 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Randzz01 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

...I've been thinking about maybe getting a tournament or something going for the forum but that depends on interest =\

I'd be interested,  but the lousy online with this game is the big problem.  The random glitchyness just about kills any enjoyment.  

Don't know if I'd even be the one hosting the lobby/tournament in game.  Would have to test it out beforehand to see.  If things are decent enough, will probably throw something together and let people know to enter.

Message 30 of 56 (318 Views)
0 Likes