Jul 14 2014
By: Vasteel50 First Son 7 posts

DS4 won't function properly

[ Edited ]
3 replies 91 views Edited Jul 14, 2014

I have my Dualshock 4 set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. However, when I am watching a Blu Ray, after it shuts off and I turn it back on to, say, pause the film, no buttons have any effect except Share and the PS button which will bring up the menu. There is no way for me to pause or resume or fast forward short of starting the whole Blu Ray app over. Am I doing something wrong? Are others experiencing this?

Mod Edit: Shortened subject title. Please review the Rules of Conduct, located here. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5099 posts

Re: DS4 won't function properly

Jul 14, 2014

Is that the only controller you have? If you have another, try the other. If it does the same thing then it might be a setting. If it works than it is the controller. Take little steps in troubleshooting.

I have two, one started acting up when in use. I try to turn right on the screen, it went left, the L2 button was intermittent and so on. I walked in to Gamestop with my reciept and they replaced it with a new one.

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

"Also, Sony does owe me free online multiplayer on PS4 and all future consoles, but that's it."
Message 2 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Pausing is being phased out in favor of increased gameplay  and movie immersion. Expect to see robotic arm peripherals that actually cut you upon taking damage in upcoming console generations. 

Message 3 of 4 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Jul 14, 2014

The PS4 controller you can change or turn off when the controller doesn't get used it'll turn itself off i think 

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes