Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Re: Dedicated Servers

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:
Not sure what you just offered has anything to do with my point but since you offered that let me share something with you. I have the original fatboy 60 gig ps3 BC. It that time I have only DL one thing and that was a DLC to my game. As I've said before I truly never had a need for the psn network. For if sony would have offered a hard copy of dlc I would have gotten that and be done with psn altogether.

As for my point about servers. I've been with sony since the beginning. I've constantly watched sony be tight lipped about a lot of things only in the end to offer a less the stellar performance on delivering a better service. So normally we can't complain about a free service right? Well here we are and E-3 is over. We know Sony is charging for online MP. (Which is all I care about) So sony will force me to get psn+ just to play online. Yep thats an option. But.

Sony corp informed me that days before the ps4 is sold in stores is when they will deliver the rest of the information about the servers etc...I say not wise and it may scare some. I mean wouldn't you like to know that the network is huge and up and running before you waste spending $399.00 dollars? If not now your ps4 is a paper weight. Now that may not scare people who are in this thread. They have tons of money and if it fails can afford to toss it out with no worries. BUt me personally I like to know everything I can about something in order to base my decision about purchasing a product.

Especially now that it costs money to be online. Sorry I don't have a lot of funds as many do here. What cracks me up is how so many defend yet you yourselves don't know either. Im glad you have a lot of faith for Sony but I don't. Plain and simple.

Highlighted are my problems:

1) Its okay to ask questions and want answers, but you are going about it by fear mongering. Like with Microsoft, even if we were to hear a server number from Sony, how would we know every single one of those servers is beneficial to us? How many of Microsoft's 300k servers will be used in your particular region? Then there is the whole 15k xbox 360 servers to the 300k xbox one servers, thats a gigantic disparity. These kinds of numbers are played up for the public while the actual number is kept secret and away from the competition. Certain people may be informed of a more accurate number but right now we can only go off of what Sony/Microsoft has made public.

2) By your post, you admit that there were problems with the current free PSN model, just want to make that clear. If you don't care about PSN (which I guess is referring to the store and not the actual network) and barely use the service, that means the majority of the issues you couldn't complain about previously were likely with things such as online multiplayer and game/system updates. Am I wrong?

3) I highly doubt "Sony corporation" told you anything of that sort. I would guess it was a support agent who said something more along the lines of 'in the months before launch' that info will be released, not "days"

4) ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE E3!!! How would it be any kind of smart to release all of your info now and lose hype going into a major launch? Info is going to be pushed out in waves to keep the hype train rolling and the PS4 in the back of everyone's minds, Microsoft is going to do the same.

5) No, Sony can not just toss out the PS4. They've botched the PSP Go, they are on super shaky ground with the PS Vita and the PS4 is the biggest investment so far. If they screw it up, they'll lose both investors AND the trust of their customers. Thats not easy to build back. Even on these forums you have people pointing back to the hack from a few years ago and using that as a basis for the entire Playstation experience. Also, as you've seen with Microsoft's mistakes, if Sony fails and then quickly turns around to produce a product that contradicts previously made statements, they'll have consumers questioning the information they've been told to believe.

tldr:

Go ahead and ask questions expecting answers, just calm the flip down first and don't throw out BS reasoning. Once you do, I'll be happy to join in questioning Sony until we get a response.

-------

Now back to the OP, the PS4 will definitely have dedicated servers. The question is how many and for which games? Like Neuroslis said, none of us knows that at the moment, but it'll be talked about in the upcoming months. Between Sony, the customers, and all of the game sites, someone is going to pop that story.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 60 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1893 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Who are you and why should Sony give you the info you want? You are not special. They will release it when they're ready. How do you even know the people you talked to have til he information you're looking for? Sounds like they gave you a standard response. Can you please stop acting like a spoiled brat and join us in the real world? 

LOL You know since your name calling I could say quit acting like a fanboy. Just like a raven, you see something shiny and new and that makes your world complete. hahaha Ironically enough if this was some other product let say a tv. Its equivalent to purchasing a tv only to find out it supports anologue signal only after you got it home. Or perhaps the receiver doesn't work.

Here you are thinking a new tv would be awesome and you get it home to find out parts of it don't work right. Which all could have been eliminated if the sales person simply told you that there was some problems with your refurbished tv. All Im saying is this is Shady considering before it was a free online and now Sony is charging. Yet we all know nothing about the servers etc,,,,Notice I said we because you don't know anything either?

How about this. I won't post again until the ps4 is sold and then lets see how great the servers are. Then we will know who gets the last laugh... I swear I've never seen so many sheep..... Does anyone question anything anymore or you just bend over and accept it all? Food for thought!

Your analogy is wrong because if I buy a TV than it is for sale, not preorder. I can cancel my preorder whenever I want. They told you Sony would release more information before launch, and that's whats they'll do. We still have 4 months until launch your acting like you're are Sony's only consumer. They're are millions of people wanting to know every detail about the PS4, but Sony can't release everything yet. Maybe it's finalized, maybe they'trying make it better. We don't' know. 

Please answer this question. What's makes you so special that you  deserve ainformation that hasn't been released? 

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 60 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Jun 27, 2013

dewadonuts wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Not sure what you just offered has anything to do with my point but since you offered that let me share something with you. I have the original fatboy 60 gig ps3 BC. It that time I have only DL one thing and that was a DLC to my game. As I've said before I truly never had a need for the psn network. For if sony would have offered a hard copy of dlc I would have gotten that and be done with psn altogether.

As for my point about servers. I've been with sony since the beginning. I've constantly watched sony be tight lipped about a lot of things only in the end to offer a less the stellar performance on delivering a better service. So normally we can't complain about a free service right? Well here we are and E-3 is over. We know Sony is charging for online MP. (Which is all I care about) So sony will force me to get psn+ just to play online. Yep thats an option. But.

Sony corp informed me that days before the ps4 is sold in stores is when they will deliver the rest of the information about the servers etc...I say not wise and it may scare some. I mean wouldn't you like to know that the network is huge and up and running before you waste spending $399.00 dollars? If not now your ps4 is a paper weight. Now that may not scare people who are in this thread. They have tons of money and if it fails can afford to toss it out with no worries. BUt me personally I like to know everything I can about something in order to base my decision about purchasing a product.

Especially now that it costs money to be online. Sorry I don't have a lot of funds as many do here. What cracks me up is how so many defend yet you yourselves don't know either. Im glad you have a lot of faith for Sony but I don't. Plain and simple.

1) Its okay to ask questions and want answers, but you are going about it by fear mongering. Like with Microsoft, even if we were to hear a server number from Sony, how would we know every single one of those servers is beneficial to us? How many of Microsoft's 300k servers will be used in your particular region? Then there is the whole 15k xbox 360 servers to the 300k xbox one servers, thats a gigantic disparity. These kinds of numbers are played up for the public while the actual number is kept secret and away from the competition. Certain people may be informed of a more accurate number but right now we can only go off of what Sony/Microsoft has made public.

2) By your post, you admit that there were problems with the current free PSN model, just want to make that clear. If you don't care about PSN (which I guess is referring to the store and not the actual network) and barely use the service, that means the majority of the issues you couldn't complain about previously were likely with things such as online multiplayer and game/system updates. Am I wrong?

3) I highly doubt "Sony corporation" told you anything of that sort. I would guess it was a support agent who said something more along the lines of 'in the months before launch' that info will be released, not "days"

4) ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE E3!!! How would it be any kind of smart to release all of your info now and lose hype going into a major launch? Info is going to be pushed out in waves to keep the hype train rolling and the PS4 in the back of everyone's minds, Microsoft is going to do the same.

5) No, Sony can not just toss out the PS4. They've botched the PSP Go, they are on super shaky ground with the PS Vita and the PS4 is the biggest investment so far. If they screw it up, they'll lose both investors AND the trust of their customers. Thats not easy to build back. Even on these forums you have people pointing back to the hack from a few years ago and using that as a basis for the entire Playstation experience. Also, as you've seen with Microsoft's mistakes, if Sony fails and then quickly turns around to produce a product that contradicts previously made statements, they'll have consumers questioning the information they've been told to believe.

tldr:

Go ahead and ask questions expecting answers, just calm the flip down first and don't throw out BS reasoning. Once you do, I'll be happy to join in questioning Sony until we get a response.

-------

Now back to the OP, the PS4 will definitely have dedicated servers. The question is how many and for which games? Like Neuroslis said, none of us knows that at the moment, but it'll be talked about in the upcoming months. Between Sony, the customers, and all of the game sites, someone is going to pop that story.

Same argument

Don't get drawn into this.  Your blood pressure will thank you.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 60 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3246 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

dewadonuts wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

tldr:

-------

Same argument

Don't get drawn into this.  Your blood pressure will thank you.

Jim, You think sony really cares for you that much? Don't make me laugh. How is the heck is keeping servers on the Dl going to lose momentum coming out of E-3? Unless there isn't any..... Jesus man quit being like the sheep... Following along as ive things are all good is dumb. Servers aren't top secret considering we all know now there is a dedicated servers. We just don't know how many or anything else for that matter.

I'm beginning to doubt you being a sony fan because I've said this before this is sony M.O., Which truly makes no sense now because things are different. You can't keep secrets like this now that money is involved...Im sorry but I don't trust sony.

Doubt these words, just look at the ps3. Anyone remember what it used to be able to do until sony started changing the op system, ps store etc , then look at the updates after the ps3 was jailbroke,,,,? Anyone remember how servers crashed for a week? How about a strictly online game for the ps3 that didn't work because you couldn't get online? How is it I can remember these things and yet you beleive in the merry world of sony all things are fantastic?

Jim I say you better open you eyes. OR maybe you are young? Maybe you need parental guidance? I don't know. But Im not trying to offer conspiracies or anything like that. IM just a little leary of how sony conducts business, especially now when they states they are listening to the gamers and the ps4 isn't BC, charging for online MP, and they are still keeping secrets?

Im not sure why I even waste my time here anymore?  Tell you what Jim, believe the world of sony is great. I wish you luck. Thats all Im saying .......

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 60 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5355 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Yes. Sonys plan is to fail the ps4 launch.

photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 60 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Jun 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

[Many unfounded assumptions about my feelings about Sony]

I have maintained that my primary argument is with your delivery of yours.  You have had countless opportunites to conduct yourself with rationale and mutual respect, and yet, you have wasted them all.

I don't put Sony on a pedestal, but I do recognize that their intent is better than their competitors.  I trust them to run their business fairly based on their track record.  You and I do not agree on this point. 

I am okay with that. 

You apparently take our disagreement as some sort of flaw on my part.  I disagree.

Good day to you, sir. 

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 60 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3246 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

I have maintained that my primary argument is with your delivery of yours.  You have had countless opportunites to conduct yourself with rationale and mutual respect, and yet, you have wasted them all.

I don't put Sony on a pedestal, but I do recognize that their intent is better than their competitors.  I trust them to run their business fairly based on their track record.  You and I do not agree on this point. 

I am okay with that. 

You apparently take our disagreement as some sort of flaw on my part.  I disagree.

Good day to you, sir. 

Jim, I guess we will differ in opinions. But I have to ask one question. Why isn't Sony ever held accountable for anything? People blame each other, human error as to why ps3 or why other hardware goes wrong. Not once does anyone hold Sony accountable for putting out a sub-par equipment or updates.

Even now some ps3 are bricked. Not because the user did something wrong but because sony put out inferior updates. Yet do you see sony on these or any forums apologizing to anyone? DO you see sony replacing the equipment that they destroyed? My personal favorite is Sony putting out the first generation of ps3 with a defect in hardware. Hence why the console would pop the cpu and gpu. Once again, did sony offer any apology or replacement of equipment? NO>.

So you hold me accountable for what I am saying but don't sony accountable for anything they do thats in error. Does anything seem wrong in this ?????? Jim, you seem like an intelligent person but when issues go astray someone has to be held accountable. Thats a fact. SO like I said earlier. good luck but your faith is in the wrong place...

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 60 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1893 posts

Jun 27, 2013
How come you keep avoiding people's questions?

If you have a problem with Sony, leave. We won't miss you. You accuse me of being a fan boy for stating facts, and telling you to be patient and wait, but you continue to troll and dodge questions.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 60 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Jun 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

I am okay with that. 

Good day to you, sir. 

Jim, I guess we will differ in opinions. But I have to ask one question. Why isn't Sony ever held accountable for anything? People blame each other, human error as to why ps3 or why other hardware goes wrong. Not once does anyone hold Sony accountable for putting out a sub-par equipment or updates.

Even now some ps3 are bricked. Not because the user did something wrong but because sony put out inferior updates. Yet do you see sony on these or any forums apologizing to anyone? DO you see sony replacing the equipment that they destroyed? My personal favorite is Sony putting out the first generation of ps3 with a defect in hardware. Hence why the console would pop the cpu and gpu. Once again, did sony offer any apology or replacement of equipment? NO>.

So you hold me accountable for what I am saying but don't sony accountable for anything they do thats in error. Does anything seem wrong in this ?????? Jim, you seem like an intelligent person but when issues go astray someone has to be held accountable. Thats a fact. SO like I said earlier. good luck but your faith is in the wrong place...

A few PS3's were bricked by the software update and Sony spent its own cash and time coding a fix for those whose PS3 was bricked.

Those "defects" of the hardware are covered under Sony's warrenty. That's why its there.

Sony does not need to write out handwritten letters to each of its customers apologizing for its mistakes. You are not as special as you make yourself out to be. Sony is a business, if there are issues when dealing with their products, their apology is the continued support for those customers which they have rightfully done. Not an apology letter.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 60 (116 Views)
Fender Bender
3246 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Jung-ook wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

I am okay with that. 

Good day to you, sir. 

A few PS3's were bricked by the software update and Sony spent its own cash and time coding a fix for those whose PS3 was bricked.

Those "defects" of the hardware are covered under Sony's warrenty. That's why its there.

Sony does not need to write out handwritten letters to each of its customers apologizing for its mistakes. You are not as special as you make yourself out to be. Sony is a business, if there are issues when dealing with their products, their apology is the continued support for those customers which they have rightfully done. Not an apology letter.

Dude, quit your making me laugh so hard I fell out of my seat. You missed everything...... LMAO First of all warrantee only last a year unless you pay to get it extended. Secondly Sony never ever admitted they had a problem in the ps3. SO let me ask you is it worth paying $599 dollars for a console that may last only 2 years? I((( I will even give you a clue,  the thermal paste sony used last around 2 years before it dries up. then the system isn't cooling the cpu+gpu  as easily which with time will flex the motherboard and pop them off) 

Does that sound like a manufacture defect? But hey, you got your warranty. IM sooooo happy for you. As for comment towards me. No Im not special. I just look around and question the things that I find odd. That way I have a better understanding of how things operate. Sorry if this offends you but there is a saying. "FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME!".

Ah well enjoy the ps4....

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 60 (102 Views)
0 Likes