Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
May 22 2013
By: HLMA269 First Son 4 posts
Offline

Defecting to the PS4

[ Edited ]
10 replies 253 views Edited May 22, 2013

Well, I just got to say, I'm on the PS4 banwagon!

 

I watched the unveiling of the new xbox and man...I am so diappointed. I currently play my 360 about 80% of the time and my PS3 about the other 20%. Watching the xbox unveil and everything they explained, I just kept thinking, why? Why do I need an, "entertainment system?" I can understand having Netflix or what not on a console, but I don't find having my comcast cable hooked up to my system any fun. I also don't care for voice commands. In the time it takes to throw out a voice command I will have already entered what channel I want on a remote. I also don't care for hand gestures for giving my console commands to do different things. I think all in all, everything I have read about the PS4 just makes complete sense and Sony hasn't went overboard with so many options. I am also glad the PS4 is not an, "always online" connected console. In the end I just want a plain ol', "Video game system."

 

Thanks Sony for understanding the core gamers needs with this next gen! I wish you all the success next gen! Can't wait for E3 and the time I can make my preorder!

Message 1 of 11 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/21/2012
Offline
344 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013
Honestly how much can you really get from an unavailing. That's so stupid why don't you wait til thier both released then decide.
Message 2 of 11 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/02/2012
Offline
48 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

I learned far more from the PS4 event than that train wreck M$ called a conference. There wasn't a chance I'd buy an xbox anyway, but I watched it out of curiosity and to be honest even if I was thinking of buying one that garbage would of turned me off.

Message 3 of 11 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15650 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Honestly how much can you really get from an unavailing. That's so stupid why don't you wait til thier both released then decide.

You know the phrase "you only get one First Impression" ?

 




I don't want something whose primary focus is everything but games.

Sony showed a few games, Xbox, showed.... ONE.... and it wasn't an exclusive either.

 

 

Plus the fact that I just made $5k from Sony's stock rising 9.25% during Microsofts conference, certainly is noteworthy.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 4 of 11 (173 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
8483 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013
that MS event was a train wreck
Message 5 of 11 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

The PS4 is the better choice!

Message 6 of 11 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
5320 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mooserocka wrote:
Honestly how much can you really get from an unavailing. That's so stupid why don't you wait til thier both released then decide.

You know the phrase "you only get one First Impression" ?

 




I don't want something whose primary focus is everything but games.

Sony showed a few games, Xbox, showed.... ONE.... and it wasn't an exclusive either.

 

 

Plus the fact that I just made $5k from Sony's stock rising 9.25% during Microsofts conference, certainly is noteworthy.


I love that video lol.

Message 7 of 11 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/17/2008
Offline
4292 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

I was considering buying the new xbox if it released earlier than the PS4 in the EU (I would still get a PS4 also), but after that conference, no thanks. The PS4 will be my only next generation platform.

Message 8 of 11 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Online
9152 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

It was a definite train wreck by Microsoft. Couldn't believe the fact that they kept on not mentioning the games themselves for the most part during the conference. Haven't seen Sony's conference yet though.

Message 9 of 11 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
5320 posts
 

Re: Defecting to the PS4

May 22, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

It was a definite train wreck by Microsoft. Couldn't believe the fact that they kept on not mentioning the games themselves for the most part during the conference. Haven't seen Sony's conference yet though.




 

You should check it out. A much better job.

 

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qh8KLN-l86o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dqh8KLN-l86o

 

Message 10 of 11 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes