Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2013
By: GreenMonkeyFour First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Deleting Data off HDD for PS Store Download

4 replies 117 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

So I have one of the old 40gb ps3's and decided do buy a game off the PS store. I did not realize you needed twice the amount of space to download and install it. the game has a 16 gb file and a 5gb file. After deleting all my game and saved data (backed up first) and anything else I could easily find I could only get it up to 31 gb available which still was not enough. I would need at least 32gb if not more to download the 16gb portion. I was wondering if anyone knew of any harder to access data that could be deleted to get the extra gb needed.

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28627 posts

Re: Deleting Data off HDD for PS Store Download

Feb 10, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Have you deleted any pictures & videos etc too?

Personally to save myself the trouble I would have just got a bigger HDD, they're pretty cheap these days.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Yeah I've deleted everything possible from the XMB that I could find. And this ps3 is about 6 or 7 years old, at the time it was all I could afford as I was young. Now I would definitely dish for the big HDD
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 10, 2013
40GB HDD's only come with 37GBs. You then have the OS and other files added through every system firmware update, that takes the other 6GBs. Your only option is to upgrade your HDD. I have a 160GB PS3 and it's full with 30+ games on the PS Store that I can't even download.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I thought it may come to that. I was hoping there might be some trick for it someone may know though. Thanks for the help everyone!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes