Apr 10 2014
By: MetaKraken Uncharted Territory 1615 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

Demon Soul's Blue Dragon = Impossible to Pass Through

[ Edited ]
35 replies 1477 views Edited Apr 10, 2014

I am at my wit's end upon realizing that the blue dragon, unless I can gather assisstance from other players, is next to impossible when it comes to trying to kill, let alone get past it. I've seen different videos and walkthroughs concerning the blue dragon, yes, but unfortunately, luck has turned its back on me. Here is what I did that made no effort in killing the blue dragon by any means:

Bum rush up the stairs = Instant death (with or without armor)

Tried to run in different directions while the dragon is breathing fire in the opposite direction = Instant death again (as the fire has a significantly wide radius fromt he flames)

Used spells on the dragon = Only inflicted a measly 26 hit points, which is proven highly ineffective

And yes, I did saw a video from this, but unfortunately, whatever item(s) the player has, I don't happen to have the same item as he has, so unless I can have other players to, hopefully, provide a bit of distraction for the blue dragon, there's simply no way to kill it, let alone run past by it, no matter which different tactics I use. Also, you may think that i's not impossible, but in my case, it is (just like the impossible Beat Zico trophy from Wipeout HD, in an unrelated note, of course).

Mod Edit: Simplified title from "1-4 Blue Dragon = Impossible to Pass Through it, Let Alone Kill it (Demon's Souls)". Removed "Games and Platforms" label, add "Other". Check here for more info! -- XiomaraRose

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 1 of 36 (1,477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Re: Demon Soul's Blue Dragon = Impossible to Pass Through

Apr 10, 2014

I would not say that, if you are in pure white tendency (means that your character it is surrended by a  white aura) you may proceed because the Dragon disappears. If not you can aim and use powerful spells like soul arrows or poison wheter if ranged weapons or spells. Smiley Wink

P.S. hold on but you are referring to the red dragon perhaps? just drop all your armour run and roll straight forward.

Message 2 of 36 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Theres an NPC that will help you, provided you helped him earlier, and are in Human form when fighting the Blue Dragon. I forget his name, but I if I remember right, hes the "golden" NPC.

Have him distract the Dragon, run up the stairs and into the archway under the dragon. Then hit it with arrows or spells ( A LOT of them) and it will eventually drop.

A bit vague I know, but its been a while since I played Demons Souls. But that info should get you going in the right direction.

Message 3 of 36 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15723 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

You can 100% for sure run past the Blue Dragon.  Check out the Demon's Souls wiki here http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ for more information.

When encoutering the dragon on the walkway up top you need to reduce its health down to 50% via spells or arrows.  Timing is important.

Once it moves to the top of the stairs from what I recall you cannot simply run up the stairs on one side.  I think I ran up the right side, then veered left halfway up.  Also, using the spell "Water Veil" and the Ring of Flame Resistance will offer significant protection from any flame damage.

The miracle "Second Chance" can be particularly useful.

See here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/walk1-4-dragon

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 4 of 36 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 10, 2014

From what I remember, the Blue Dragon actually attacks in a pattern, from the front of you towards away from you at the others side. When he starts his wave of flames, carefully follow it fast. But before you do this, try to lure the jester towards you, in order for the dragon to kill him with fire.

The Blue Dragon is an optional boss and you will need to be a bit strong to kill it; it is not necessary to fight it but you get it's soul. It's second location, once you past this location, is easier to kill because it's more vunerable, once you get in the right position under it.

Message 5 of 36 (1,432 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Poison arrows damage slow but they do their work excellently, instead if you want a rapid effect you can try poison mist spell.

Message 6 of 36 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Like a lot of things in Demon's Souls this fight was more of a test of patience than skill. I used a lot of arrows and a good bow. From just inside the stone tower with the stair case you can manually snipe the dragon (and the guards) until it flies away until the second encounter. 

Again I was patient and ran from cover to cover up the sides of the stairs until I was under him then shot him a bunch. It will take a lot of arrows and a lot longer than the guy in the video you posted but that's what I did. 

Also it's an "easy" fight looking back on it but it took me several deaths and a few hours of practice before I defeated him the first time so don't lose hope. After you beat him once he will seem easy if you choose to play through again. 

Good luck!

Message 7 of 36 (1,417 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Apr 10, 2014

There's one problem: I have no bows to go with.

I have arrows, but no bows. Plus, the NPC is already dead by the dragon, so it's basically pointless now. Plus, even with patience and made the right time to make a run for it, I still end up getting killed by the blue dragon. Plus, I don't have any poison-related spells, and my Soul Ray only inflicts a measly 26 hit points.

And the fun part? The only "pattern" I get is instant death as I told you earlier, no matter which different direction or different tactics I use, it always leads me to death before I can even make it to the other side. And I can't use the Nexial ring to return to the Nexus, which will result in losing all of my Souls I have (over 300,000 of them). Furthermore, I do not have the Second Chance spell (or miracle), because the NPC I rescued that would help me learn Miracles was killed by Yurt, giving me no chance to buy it, let alone learn it.

And I do not have Water Veil neither because the Sage does not have it. The Ring of Flame Resistance provided no protection for me whatsoever. So again, I'm at my wit's end. Sorry.

Message 8 of 36 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Don't worry is not yet the day of Defeat for you. Smiley Wink Try cast the

Spoiler
Sage Freke has got an evn more powerful spell than Water Veil it is protection combine that to the miracle second chance of St.Urbain as someone said and you should be good to go. also If I am not wrong Graverobber Blige in The Shrine of the Storms 4-2 can sell you a long bow bow as well.

Best of Luck to you.

Message 9 of 36 (1,391 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Apr 10, 2014

ADEPTUS_276 wrote:

Don't worry is not yet the day of Defeat for you. Smiley Wink Try cast the

Spoiler
Sage Freke has got an evn more powerful spell than Water Veil it is protection combine that to the miracle second chance of St.Urbain as someone said and you should be good to go. also If I am not wrong Graverobber Blige in The Shrine of the Storms 4-2 can sell you a long bow bow as well.

Best of Luck to you.

I'm unable to leave Boletarian Palace and get to the Penetrator Archstone without the risk of getting killed. Plus, his spells have a limited selection for me to choose from, so now I'm pretty much stuck with no way to leave whatsoever.

Message 10 of 36 (1,385 Views)
0 Likes