Jul 25 2014
By: tvViSt3Dgc Lombax Warrior 176 posts

Destiny Beta randoms

11 replies 178 views Edited Jul 25, 2014
It's bad out there, if you're going into the crucible be sure to have some friends along with you. These random kids are putting up 0.25 kd's like it was the thing to do -.-<br><br>Anyone else run into this?
Message 1 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1590 posts

Re: Destiny Beta randoms

Jul 25, 2014

I kid you not that even after we win I see everyone else with something like that. There may be one other guy with 2.0+ or 1.6. I guess I made up a few kills for each person. 

I just looked there was 4 of us, with the following 3.0, 0.67, 0.58, and 0.68.
The other team still had 5 left. I'm just glad they didn't leave me. Ive been there with just one other person facing a full team.
I've also made plenty of comebacks with lower numbers. That is why you lay with friends lol. I'm talking about the kind of  friends who don't say the other team is cheating when you're losing or when they can't kill them, or the friends that end up leaving. Just make you look......worse. 

Message 2 of 12 (167 Views)
MVP Support
9245 posts

Jul 25, 2014

Who gives a rat's behind about K/D anymore?  Some of us don't care about stats.  Some of us just want to come home after a long day at work and blow stuff up.

Some of us don't live and breathe FPS, either.

Get over it.

Message 3 of 12 (156 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 25, 2014
Lol k.
Message 4 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4696 posts

Jul 25, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

Who gives a rat's behind about K/D anymore?  Some of us don't care about stats.  Some of us just want to come home after a long day at work and blow stuff up.

Get over it.

I just downloaded the Beta so I could try it, but I doubt I'll do much on it.  I'm not going to get Destiny, or should I say I'm not planning to.  We need a great RPG or a blockbuster fun game like Crash for the PS4.  The shooters have overwhelmed the market and well, need I comment further on that..?  

Message 5 of 12 (144 Views)
Sackboy
507 posts

Jul 25, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

Get over it.

Yes, but the majority of gamers do breathe FPS. It's a fact that FPS are the most popular genre of video games today. Look at the sales of Battlefield, and Call of Duty. I know it's early, but the best selling PS4 exclusive game is Killzone: Shadow Fall. Another FPS game. I agree that K/D isn't the most important stat in games though. It's all about having fun.

Message 6 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4696 posts

Jul 25, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Get over it.

Yes, but the majority of gamers do breathe FPS. It's a fact that FPS are the most popular genre of video games today. Look at the sales of Battlefield, and Call of Duty. I know it's early, but the best selling PS4 exclusive game is Killzone: Shadow Fall. Another FPS game. I agree that K/D isn't the most important stat in games though. It's all about having fun.

Only in the US and Europe.  Other places (such as Japan) aren't interested in shooters in the least bit as they like hand helds and RPG's.  And shooters are starting to lose popularity here now.  People are sick of COD and Battlefield, and even the Destiny Beta comments on here have only been about half for / half against that game.  

Message 7 of 12 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
507 posts

Jul 25, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Get over it.

Only in the US and Europe.  Other places (such as Japan) aren't interested in shooters in the least bit as they like hand helds and RPG's.  And shooters are starting to lose popularity here now.  People are sick of COD and Battlefield, and even the Destiny Beta comments on here have only been about half for / half against that game.  

Im getting sick of Battlefield and COD myself. The only FPS im looking forward to is H-Hour. I haven't played Destiny yet so I can't really say anything about it.

Message 8 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17865 posts

Jul 25, 2014

I imagine most of the time the "kids" are the ones with a high KDR. 12 hours a day playing FPS vs the scenerio that @BBurgSteve  said, "coming home from work"

Message 9 of 12 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 25, 2014

High KDR will spend more than 1 hours OR less than that on a game.

I believe some will play games only when they know they can get a lot of kills. Certain maps only with certain weapons or vehicles. 

Message 10 of 12 (69 Views)
0 Likes