Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

Re: Digital VS. Physical.

Oct 23, 2013

Ves31996 wrote:

Ignorant question here: does Sony and the game studio that make the game get more money when you buy it digitally (PS Store) or physically (like Amazon, Walmart, etc.)?

No.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 56 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3441 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

If ps4 games download speed really is as fast as they say it is.. I will be switching to download after my first two launch titles. That way I don't have to run to the stores all the time. The only thing that was holding back for me on ps3 is that I don't feel like waiting for a download to take half a day

I wouldn't be so sure just yet. To date Sony hasn't felt the need to release any information on the new network. You don't know how many servers there are, you don't really know how fast downloads are going to be. Just look at the ps3 psn store and that speed sucks. Soooo lets not forget too that you can own a physical copy. As we've seen with ps3 psn stores, there are issues that downloaded copy has limitations of ownership. Even the ps4 is saying the same thing. For example, let your psn ps4 membership end and most of the dl games will cease to operate. Your entitled as long as membership is running.

Another crappy sony concept.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 56 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Ves31996 wrote:

Ignorant question here: does Sony and the game studio that make the game get more money when you buy it digitally (PS Store) or physically (like Amazon, Walmart, etc.)?

No.

So you're saying it doesn't matter whether I buy Assassin's Creed $13.49 on Amazon or $19.99 on PSN? Can someone explain that to me?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 56 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Physical is always better. Always.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 56 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Oct 23, 2013
Physical. I like owning the game not the rights to the game. Plus if games start having file sizes of 50 gigs which I see being a norm next gen. Hard drives will fill superfast and it would get more costly to buy digital with HDD upgrades.

If I'm paying the same price I will always go physical, it is just better.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 56 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2442 posts

Oct 23, 2013

I prefer physical but I will be getting the $10 digital upgrade of BF4 ( when switching to the PS3 to PS4 version ) but I can also trade in BF4 for the PS3 which I'll have the physical copy of to put towards something else so I dont really lose out to bad. Id rather have my games to trade in towards other games to off set the cost or sell out right. When you go digital you lose that. I dont get rid of all of my games but some I do.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 56 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10798 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Was there ever a VS comparison?

You seem pretty much decided. I however will stick to physical. I wont support digital unless I really have to.

When it comes to PS Plus IGC, PSN Titles, DLC, PS3-to-PS4 digital upgrades then he/she may download it anyway :smileytongue:

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 56 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Oct 23, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Ves31996 wrote:

No.

PSN charge $60 same as a retailer for a new game, even months after when the game should be cheaper. Where does the extra money go? To the cashier? to the discs distributor? or to charity?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 56 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

As long as it is not a PS plus game it will be physical for me.

Why? Well there are many reasons.

1) I have high speed internet and it will still take forever to download a 10gb game. That is all based on band width not how many servers they have. I do not want to wait.

2) I will have multiple PS4 units in my house and I want to share my games I purchase without my kids with having them on my user.

3) I do not consider GameStop the Devil. Sure they make profit from what I trade in. I also know that I almost completely paid off my PS4 with a bunck of games, a WII and a bricked PS3 that where not worth jack anywhere else.

4) I love lauch parties for games. You cant do that digitally.

Hell I am going to have a generator a tv and my PS3 setup in the back of my truck for PS4 lauch so me and a buddy can speed run Borderlands while we wait in line. I love this crap. All of which is impossible without the need to go get it.

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 56 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

Physical copies for me with any console, as I enjoy looking at and showing off my collection on my shelf.

However, I've decided to go digital with my Vita. I'd rather just pay for a decent size memory card and have all my games in the Vita rather than have to worry about those tiny Vita Game Cards.

For me it's just easier to be digital with a portable, especially since Vita game files are not nearly as big as PS3 games and download quickly.

Thank you Sony, for putting gamers first. It's good to be back!

-Former 360 owner and future PS4 owner.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 56 (210 Views)
0 Likes