Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2013
By: Karnije First Son 15 posts
Accepted Solution

Disable "What's New" feed

3 replies 182 views Edited Dec 27, 2013

Is it possible to completely disable the "what's new" feed?  I am not anti-social but I don't care to share what I am doing online with anyone; I also do not care to see what my friends are doing, in that feed anyway, as far as trophies and who made friends with who, etc.  I don't mind the friends list showing what we are doing at the moment though.  I know that sounds crazy.  I still like the ability to connect to friends that way, I just don't want to see or share the feed. 

And if I can't disable the feed itself, is there a better way to delete the individual items other than select each one and go through the options to delete them?

Rhetorical question:  Why did Sony feel the need to swap the menu bar from going left to right to right to left now?  All those years with the PS3 and knowing exactly where everything was, now I have to reverse it -- as minor as it is, it's one of those annoying things with companies that do that.  Microsoft is notorious for it, now Sony jumping on board.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
588 posts

Re: Disable "What's New" feed

Dec 27, 2013
I wish we could just see what we want
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1300 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Karnije wrote:

Is it possible to completely disable the "what's new" feed?  I am not anti-social but I don't care to share what I am doing online with anyone; I also do not care to see what my friends are doing, in that feed anyway, as far as trophies and who made friends with who, etc.  I don't mind the friends list showing what we are doing at the moment though.  I know that sounds crazy.  I still like the ability to connect to friends that way, I just don't want to see or share the feed. 

And if I can't disable the feed itself, is there a better way to delete the individual items other than select each one and go through the options to delete them?

Rhetorical question:  Why did Sony feel the need to swap the menu bar from going left to right to right to left now?  All those years with the PS3 and knowing exactly where everything was, now I have to reverse it -- as minor as it is, it's one of those annoying things with companies that do that.  Microsoft is notorious for it, now Sony jumping on board.

Great idea.  In fact, this idea has already been submitted and is on the list.   http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/td-p/42442285/jump-to...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)