Jul 24 2013
By: maarillianaire I Only Post Everything 923 posts

Disoriented and Unaware

11 replies 198 views Edited Jul 24, 2013
Ive talked with my doctor and a few other doctors abt this. I temd to play Video Games 3-4 hours before i take a 20 minute break. Whenever i stop playing no matter how long i played,i always feel very disoriented and extremely unaware,and my hands i use dwith the controler will twitch then get horrible pins and needles. They all say its normal and nothing to wory abt bc as a young kid abt i was diagnosed with severe ADHD,but im 23,i know this isnt normal and i know the difference between ADHD and this. I cant seem to figure it out. Got any ideas?
.................!!!
Message 1 of 12 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25702 posts

Re: Disoriented and Unaware

Jul 24, 2013

Don't play as long, and maybe you need glasses.

Message 2 of 12 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I dunno about ADHD, but from what your saying, I do think this is Normal... 

I dunno about Disoriented & being Unaware, but Pins & Needles & Ceasures can deffinately be caused from 

Playing Video Games for too long... Sometimes it can take place much faster then others... 

Usually your warned about it before you even attempt to Play your Games... 

The Games cause the Ceasures while the Controllers cause the Pins & Needles... 

Not everyone gets it, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't go away, & it only gets worst as you get older... 

But i'm not sure theres anything you can do about it, oO 

Again, I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, =D

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jul 24, 2013
I have had a seizure five and a half years ago when I was in school, not sure what triggered it. I should definitely start taking breaks every few hours of playing a game so I do not have another one; I have only had one but I am diagnosed with epilepsey. I do hope it is the only one I will ever have and I hope I will be seizure free for the rest of my life.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 4 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 24, 2013
First thing you need to know is that ADD and ADHD are made up diseases to make kids think that acting like themselves is an illness. Evolution of spirit couldn't sit still in class.
------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 12 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Play in a well lit room and don't hold the screen so close to your face. Sit up right as well.

You're putting your mind into processing the game world meaning if you are holding the screen close to your face and/or darkening the room you're blocking external stimulae requiring you to readapt to your environment when you stop playing. In addition if you are lying down you are placing your body in an unusual state while your mind is concentrated on operating as if you were sitting or standing up.

As for the twitch. Don't play so much. Do some light hand exercises when you are not playing and if it's still an issue consider trying an alternate controller. If using the Vita try a grip attachment. Both the Vita and the PS3 controller are designed for smaller hands placing extra stress on people with larger hands.

Message 6 of 12 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jul 24, 2013

That is actually not True... 

I can easily use the PS3 Controller just fine... But as i've tried the PS Vita however... 

It's so small, it won't fit into my hands at all... So frustrating... 

I've tried out various Controllers, & such... 

I can hold any Controller just fine, X-Box or PS3, or PC, it doesn't matter... 

The PS Vita however was a completely different Story... 

I think the problem is that the PS Vita is about the same size of the Controller, if not only slightly bigger... 

Which isn't such a problem as were used to the Controller size... 

But with the Vita, you now need to compensate for the Screen, too... 

Which is probably where your problems come in... I dunno... 

But I think the PS Vita was designed for Smaller hands, where as the Controller was Designed for standard hands, or average... 

X-Box was also for average hands or standard...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 12 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Well remember that almost every game manual clearly states to take a rest break every few hours or so. This is because your body and eyes had been in the same position for so long that when you stopped playing it caused you to twitch.

Message 8 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I believe the so called Pins & Needles can lead to Carple Tunnel... If I spelled that right... 

There is a Brace for that, but ya... 

Read the PSN Screen when it Loads up, it even states that your very own Health is at Risk, oO 

Even a PC can lead to this... or even TV... 

Taking both yur mind away & hands as said above can Help a lot...

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 12 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
380 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Zizzy477 wrote:
First thing you need to know is that ADD and ADHD are made up diseases to make kids think that acting like themselves is an illness. Evolution of spirit couldn't sit still in class.

Why don't you go ask some professional psychologists about that? You know, the people that study psychology and how the human brain works for a living. They will tell you ADD and ADHD are very real disorders, and it goes far beyond "not being able to sit still".

Message 10 of 12 (96 Views)