Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 23 2013
By: Creativate Splicer 65 posts

Do we have to buy Music Unlimited in order to play our music..........

[ Edited ]
15 replies 239 views Edited Oct 23, 2013

Do we have to buy Music Unlimited in order to play our custom soundtracks during games or can we load our own music off our hardrives and play them off the dashboard without Music Unlimited (like you could in KZ2 and Dead Nation)? I really hope we can do both because I'm going to be moving somewhere where the internet isn't that great for awhile and i'll be annoyed if I have to pay to  stream music I already own and have downloaded while playing single player games.

Message 1 of 16 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Re: Do we have to buy Music Unlimited in order to play our music..........

Oct 23, 2013

you have to subscribe to MU but in my opinion it is a fantastic service and worth the money.

Message 2 of 16 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

you have to subscribe to MU but in my opinion it is a fantastic service and worth the money.

That's pretty dumb if what your saying is true...Why am I go to pay for something again that I've already bought? Also, how are people who don't have access to internet supposed to use that service..Are you sure that's the only way to listed to your music because even Vita allows you to do what i'm saying without Music Unlimited for most games (although I did notice Sony patched it out of many games which I was not happy about i.e  pinball arcade, etc)

Message 3 of 16 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11580 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Creativate wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

That's pretty dumb if what your saying is true...Why am I go to pay for something again that I've already bought? Also, how are people who don't have access to internet supposed to use that service..Are you sure that's the only way to listed to your music because even Vita allows you to do what i'm saying without Music Unlimited for most games (although I did notice Sony patched it out of many games which I was not happy about i.e  pinball arcade, etc)

No, what you're saying is possible just like it is with the Vita and select PS3 games. You'll be able to listen to your own music in-game, no app or subsription required.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 16 (203 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

johngie wrote:

Creativate wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

No, what you're saying is possible just like it is with the Vita and select PS3 games. You'll be able to listen to your own music in-game, no app or subsription required.

Do you think it will be on all games this time around like xbox 360 because I've been wanting this for ever on ps3. Also, do you have a link for this because I only see articles saying that Music Unlimited allows this not the regular method.

Message 5 of 16 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Creativate wrote:

johngie wrote:

Creativate wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

Do you think it will be on all games this time around like xbox 360 because I've been wanting this for ever on ps3. Also, do you have a link for this because I only see articles saying that Music Unlimited allows this not the regular method.

The only thing that I have seen confirmed regarding music from outside of a game is via Music Unlimited. If you have other info please post!

Message 6 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11580 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Welp, that was me using my Jump to Conclusions mat. I thought I had heard it was confirmed, Google says otherwise.

Although, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 7 of 16 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2803 posts

Oct 23, 2013
I've been wanting to do that for years and I've always wondered why $ony didn't give playstation that ability. I guess it all comes back to them trying to sell music unlimited subscriptions, and that's why I call them $ony.

Anybody know if we'll be able to play our own music on the ps4 without paying somekind of monthly subscription?
Message 8 of 16 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14596 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Info is in here, http:www.x.co/ps4info.

Most men want to open doors for themselves.

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Oct 23, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I've been wanting to do that for years and I've always wondered why $ony didn't give playstation that ability. I guess it all comes back to them trying to sell music unlimited subscriptions, and that's why I call them $ony.

Anybody know if we'll be able to play our own music on the ps4 without paying somekind of monthly subscription?

I'm not sure how much of this has to do with Sony. But I surely don't think this has anything to to do with Sony trying to sell more Music Unlimited subs. It is possible to play your own music with certain games on the PS3 which leads me to think that it may also have something to do with the game makers, the max memory a game uses, as well as the very limited memory of the PS3. If it were simply a matter of Sony wanting to sell more subs of Music Unlimited why can't we do that with the PS3 now?

Message 10 of 16 (129 Views)
0 Likes