MVP Support
5222 posts

Re: Do you really think is a good idea to give a mic to every PS4

Aug 17, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Thats just my opinion though. You dont believe these things are possible more power to you. I personally dont know if they are or not but ive learned over the years that technology always has weaknesses, security flaws, and all around instability. No reason to call someone paranoid or anti social, its just a opinion and a "chance" im not willing to pay for.

To each their own though. You should embrace that quote yourself and just do you.

I thought you're first comment was sarcasm, but now i'm not so sure. Honestly, you're entire argument at this point is moot, since you don't have to use a headset with the PS4.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 31 of 35 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2015

Message 32 of 35 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

al2009man wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Yeah Xbox live is basically their baby sitter.

...and that's why Xbox Live Gold is the best Online Service than PSN's Service Smiley Tongue

I didn't quite understand that last part lol.

They are joking that, because parents know that their kids can play XBL for hours, that it sold better as a babysitting aid, rather than a gaming system.  Smiley Wink

As for the earlier post about the headset being used as a monitoring device, that's a weak argument.  Like Nova said, unplug the mic, and don't buy a PS4 camera.  If you have concerns about the PSN, then abstain from it until you see evidence that the security is robust enough to protect you (which is one of the things that we are all hoping comes along with the promised upgrades when PS4 comes out).  Oh, and don't own a cell phone, car, PO Box, passport, driver's license, or computer. Complaining of a lack of privacy via the internet is quite possibly to most hilarious thing one can read while connected to it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 33 of 35 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4713 posts

Aug 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

RatchetH22 wrote:
Agreed. Muting someone only takes the press of a button. It isn't that difficult.

That's gunna be A LOT of muting though lol. I can't even imagine all the spoiled little brats talking on mic with every PS4 game online. One shutters at the thought.

I can't imagine all kids using the mics. Parents won't want them to Smiley Tongue I know I wouldn't want my kid talking to stangers over PSN Smiley Happy

Have you played xbox live? lots of parents just don't care.

yes and a lot of the kids when you explain that continuing to act like they are will result in everyone muting / ignoring them in games and then they will be left with no one to talk to, do calm down. If not hit mute it was not that hard to do, also the amount of kids you have to deal with changes with the games you play. 

And acting annoying on the mic is not limited to kids. 

Message 34 of 35 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2015

Message 35 of 35 (94 Views)
0 Likes