Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
33207 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

da1writer wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i find it crazy how some people use the argument

oh if you want those features just keep your ps3 and use your ps3 for that

so i have to go to a 10 year old machine last generation to use something that my new ps4 system cant do

 

also before anyone writes this because i see that this is popular now
 the fact that people didnt do their research lol

first it was keep your ps3

now its just you shoulda done yer reeesearchhhhh durrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

ps4 shoulda had all this stuff long time ago


Shouldn't this thread be merged into the other thread we have here the forum you and few others were a part of a day or two ago, eh HiTmAN_90 Smiley Wink

 

To your point, I know there are people upset to not have the features they loved in their PS3 but I'm sure within time, they will be implemented in the PS4. Maybe E3?


this thread popping up all of a sudden just shows us that alota people are concerned with this

its not jsut once either people are mad at this all the time

i hope sony is reading this at least


Message 31 of 71 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/08/2007
Online
5310 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i find it crazy how some people use the argument

oh if you want those features just keep your ps3 and use your ps3 for that

so i have to go to a 10 year old machine last generation to use something that my new ps4 system cant do

 

also before anyone writes this because i see that this is popular now
 the fact that people didnt do their research lol

first it was keep your ps3

now its just you shoulda done yer reeesearchhhhh durrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

ps4 shoulda had all this stuff long time ago


Shouldn't this thread be merged into the other thread we have here the forum you and few others were a part of a day or two ago, eh HiTmAN_90 Smiley Wink

 

To your point, I know there are people upset to not have the features they loved in their PS3 but I'm sure within time, they will be implemented in the PS4. Maybe E3?


this thread popping up all of a sudden just shows us that alota people are concerned with this

its not jsut once either people are mad at this all the time

i hope sony is reading this at least


But wouldn't you agree that a voice of many is better than a voice of a few? Instead of making multiple threads about the same thing only for it to be buried by other threads (happens in General all the time), couldn't everyone concerned about this have used this thread below to voice their displeasure?

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Possible-MP3-support-DLNA-coming-in-futur...

 

Not saying it's wrong for threads like this to exist. Just rather have a mob running with this (link above) instead of what the forum sees here, ie only a few are asking for this...

Message 32 of 71 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
33207 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

da1writer wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i find it crazy how some people use the argument

oh if you want those features just keep your ps3 and use your ps3 for that

so i have to go to a 10 year old machine last generation to use something that my new ps4 system cant do

 

also before anyone writes this because i see that this is popular now
 the fact that people didnt do their research lol

first it was keep your ps3

now its just you shoulda done yer reeesearchhhhh durrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

ps4 shoulda had all this stuff long time ago


Shouldn't this thread be merged into the other thread we have here the forum you and few others were a part of a day or two ago, eh HiTmAN_90 Smiley Wink

 

To your point, I know there are people upset to not have the features they loved in their PS3 but I'm sure within time, they will be implemented in the PS4. Maybe E3?


this thread popping up all of a sudden just shows us that alota people are concerned with this

its not jsut once either people are mad at this all the time

i hope sony is reading this at least


But wouldn't you agree that a voice of many is better than a voice of a few? Instead of making multiple threads about the same thing only for it to be buried by other threads (happens in General all the time), couldn't everyone concerned about this have used this thread below to voice their displeasure?

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Possible-MP3-support-DLNA-coming-in-futur...

 

Not saying it's wrong for threads like this to exist. Just rather have a mob running with this (link above) instead of what the forum sees here, ie only a few are asking for this...


well idk i guess thats for the mods to decide

if they move this another one of these will pop up anyway lol


Message 33 of 71 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10077 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014
@HiTmAN_90

It's really not a pointless argument because people didn't have to buy it in the first place. Yes the PS3 got this stuff but it didn't happen overnight. There was even things in the PS2 at the end that were not in the PS3 right away. This is really no different then people crying and complaining about the lack of games that you never see during a launch window anyway and PS3 Plus games being better.

Media on the PS3 sucked anyway. It's just sad to me that people have such low standards. MP3's were relevant in 1999 and the early 2000's. Not in 2014 when Internet is fast and storage is large. At least not unless you are a pirate who needs space for hundreds or thousands of torrents.
Message 34 of 71 (243 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
33207 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@HiTmAN_90

It's really not a pointless argument because people didn't have to buy it in the first place. Yes the PS3 got this stuff but it didn't happen overnight. There was even things in the PS2 at the end that were not in the PS3 right away. This is really no different then people crying and complaining about the lack of games that you never see during a launch window anyway and PS3 Plus games being better.

Media on the PS3 sucked anyway. It's just sad to me that people have such low standards. MP3's were relevant in 1999 and the early 2000's. Not in 2014 when Internet is fast and storage is large. At least not unless you are a pirate who needs space for hundreds or thousands of torrents.

 

what do you mean people didnt have to buy it Smiley Indifferent

like you all sya this is a gaming machine 

however when they added all that extra crap to the ps3 which did take time yes they shoulda added all that to the ps4 before release

why are they struggling with it again its the next generation they shoulda already knew how to do that with the ps4 

right now they should be updating new things that werent in the ps3

but they are wasting time adding things that were already done in their previous console and it looks like they are struggling

 


Message 35 of 71 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10077 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014
@HiTmAN_90

Yes it is a gaming machine however it's not the only machine that plays video games. Buy that instead. Now I don't like a lot of the things that Microsoft did to the 360 after J Allard left and definitely don't like the Xbox One. Now I game on the Playstation exclusively even though Xbox used to be my primary platform. It's like the iPhone. What Apple has done to the product with the 5S and 5C is a joke. As a result, my next phone will be either a Samsung or LG.

And why is Sony struggling with all these features like the streaming and playback of low quality media files? Maybe because real next gen hardware and features take priority? Or maybe they are planning on a media platform that's actually worth using? I mean HBO GO is on the PS3 and has been confirmed for the PS4. Why isn't it here yet? Microsoft rushed a bunch of media features to the Xbox One. And as a result, they all suck compared to the way the PS4 handles the media content it currently does. Xbox 360 also had audio features long before the PS3. And unlike the PS3 which could play multiple formats and bitrates, everything on the 360 was stuck either playing or transcoding everything to 160kbps WMA.
Message 36 of 71 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
33207 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@HiTmAN_90

Yes it is a gaming machine however it's not the only machine that plays video games. Buy that instead. Now I don't like a lot of the things that Microsoft did to the 360 after J Allard left and definitely don't like the Xbox One. Now I game on the Playstation exclusively even though Xbox used to be my primary platform. It's like the iPhone. What Apple has done to the product with the 5S and 5C is a joke. As a result, my next phone will be either a Samsung or LG.

And why is Sony struggling with all these features like the streaming and playback of low quality media files? Maybe because real next gen hardware and features take priority? Or maybe they are planning on a media platform that's actually worth using? I mean HBO GO is on the PS3 and has been confirmed for the PS4. Why isn't it here yet? Microsoft rushed a bunch of media features to the Xbox One. And as a result, they all suck compared to the way the PS4 handles the media content it currently does. Xbox 360 also had audio features long before the PS3. And unlike the PS3 which could play multiple formats and bitrates, everything on the 360 was stuck either playing or transcoding everything to 160kbps WMA.

buy what?


Message 37 of 71 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 07/15/2010
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

According to Shuhei Yoshida at Sony, they were "surprised by the backlash as the company didn't feel that MP3 and CD support was a highly valued feature".

 

So, they seemed to have been concentrating in ensuring the best gaming experience on the PS4, instead of the extra bits.

 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-sony-is-working-to-add-mp3-and-cd-support-to-the-ps4

Message 38 of 71 (222 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
33652 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

the ps4 should not have been called playstation 4 because of this downgrade


so just because the PS4 is missing 2 trivial features the whole system is a downgrade?

flawless logic.


Message 39 of 71 (219 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10077 posts
 

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2014
Build a gaming PC. It doesn't cost much to exceed what consoles can do considering PC's were at this level over 5 years ago. Either that or suck it up and use something else for media. Dedicated media devices are better anyway. Or if you think it can do better, buy a Bone. I convinced that the PS4 is better then the bone because Sony didn't cater to casuals out of the gate.
Message 40 of 71 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes