Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2184 posts

Re: Do you think the PS4 multimedia was deliberately disabled?

Mar 23, 2014
I don't understand the argument that it doesn't have these features because it is just a gaming device. Sony has said that they are adding these features so what does it become then? Why would they add these at all if they wanted a console strictly for gaming? Why did Sony not do some research on what their customers would want before hand?
Message 41 of 71 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9941 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2014
@Evan297

It's not that they made just a gaming device. It's that gaming is the top priority. And judging by sales, they really did the right thing. But even after these features do come. There will still be people crying about something.
Message 42 of 71 (158 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29978 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2014

hahahaha now people are saying build a gaming pc...

this place...

if all the games that are on the ps3/ps4 were available for the pc i wouldnt buy a ps3 nor a ps4 trust me

Message 43 of 71 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11880 posts

Mar 23, 2014

Jesus christ man does anyone still care about MP3 player and DNLA again? 

ok. as a guy who watch TV/Movies and listen to musics, I just listen/watch them with a Simple Cable/TV and Computer since I do NOT think its worth watching from my PS3 or anything since it can pretty much waste my energy power on price or something

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 44 of 71 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Mar 23, 2014

Thread_Lag.gif

Message 45 of 71 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

hjklhj

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2014

delete

Message 46 of 71 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

renejr818 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. The PS1, PS2 and PS3 all had mp3 support. Those were all gaming machines. Now we have Music Unlimited, a service where I can pay to to play music I already own. 

p.s.

Ignore the Sony Defense Squad. They have no lives.

Can I ask you sir what kind of drugs are you using because I would love some of those. The PS1 did not have MP3 support yes it played CD's but that is all that system came out in 1994 the MP3 launched in 1995 and the PS1 did NOT have system updates. The PS2 yes could play CD's with MP3 on them but did not have support to play them in any other fashion so in theory it only had CD support not MP3 support. The PS3 sir did not have MP3 support at launch either and even then by the time MP3 support was added it was already on it way out the door as a preferred music format. 

Message 47 of 71 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

Mar 23, 2014

I'm kind of surprised about the lack of this feature, but it is not a huge deal to me. Yeah, it is nice to be able to listen to custom music, but it's not the end of the world. On the other side of the issue, there are some games that can take advantage of custom soundtracks. You have Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Beat Hazard, and Audiosurf to name a few. While those might not be on the PS4, it just shows that it can have practical uses.

As for Sony pushing Music Unlimited, it's not just Music Unlimited they are trying to push, but Playstation Plus as well. Maybe they will drop the online multiplayer paywall if and when they feel like PS+ doesn't need to use it as a crutch. I'm not saying either service is bad, just that I hate how Sony's getting pushy over things.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 48 of 71 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9941 posts

Mar 23, 2014
@HiTmAN_90

And there are a lot of great PC games that never make it to a console. Just because they font say Sony on the box, it doesn't make them any less of games. There are also plenty of other great options in games that a console will never do. See the PC versions of The Elder Scrolls as an example.

You do have many options though. You can. Buy a PC, see what the Bone or Wii U offer, suck it up and use another device for media or quit gaming.

As for me, I'm glad they didn't make the casual media crap a launch focus. We have a much better gaming machine as a result and the PS3 was a sucky media player to begin with.
Message 49 of 71 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9941 posts

Mar 23, 2014
@Ness_and_Sonic

They have to get pushy though or they are going to have to exit the business. Sony can't afford to risk another $5 billion dollar loss like they had on the PS3. You can either buy these services or watch the PS4 become the next Dreamcast.
Message 50 of 71 (111 Views)
0 Likes